Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

6 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Only vehicles I'm owning are big ass trucks or SUVs.  Although I will say the heated seats in my wife's Honda CRV are pretty boss in the winter.  Seriously though, I just like being high up instead of lower to the ground.  When my 2008 Sequoia finally bites the bullet, I expect to get a pick-up truck next.  

I like my midsize cars.  Enough room for the dogs, and I like the perspective of being closer to the road.  Especially in the Midwest, where I swear - you'd be SHOCKED at the distracted and slow drivers.

Being in a car low-to-the-ground makes people behind you realize that you're not the one cruising 10 miles an hour under the speed limit, holding everyone up.  It's the bamma on their phone that they can see over your car in front of you.  So less getting-tailgated I've found.

Good Lord y'all.  Mid-Atlantic drivers are ridiculous, so I'll take these mfs over yall..but WOW.  SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW.  To the point where I applaud people driving the speed limit.

9 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I like turtles.  Have a great weekend everyone.

9 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Life is good.

a reminder....mods are able to view all edits done to any post...so first, good on you taze for helping keep the thread alive and helping your fellow es'er, abcd

it does matter that you edit even if we can see the original post....editing will almost (key word) always get you off the hook if you had posted something that violated a rule/guideline

to once again attempt to be helpful here, i refer all back to the post i made in the feedback forum on the rtt thread and read carefully what's stated, not just about the problems, but about what might not be "perfect" yet are things we can live with---like extended conversations that don't necessarily fit the description "random thoughts" once they become ongoing dialogue...it's just length and topic that usually become an issue (i.e. don't discuss any specific topic at too great a length or go on very much at all about matters we have other threads or even other forums for)

finally, the title change was tk's inspiration as was the doctor is in gif...he also sent me a "the doctor is out" gif to close the thread whenever deemed necessary (both of which i thought were on point and pretty funny) :)....i was always planning on changing it back

some of you obstruct that by whining about it immediately and i use the word whine with deliberation

if you haven't personally developed in a manner that allows you to be serious, to share, or to have fun and be silly and goofy, or whatever, in this little community within a community, and don't self-regulate within all the latitude you enjoy already, then don't post in this thread and mess it up for the large majority who seem able to do that and are never an issue (gee, how do those rtt'ers pull that off?)

now let's see if you all can keep any more moderating posts out of this thread for awhile :)

namaste :P

(for larry david)

42 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Shame on your probable abuse of power.  Expect a strongly worded article of impeachment in the feedback forum. :angry:

i suppose you're really gonna bust on us for running a blackmail ring with what we mill from your "private" messages, too :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i suppose you're really gonna bust on us for running a blackmail ring with what we mill from your "private" messages, too :ph34r:

Meh, I have a bot running my PMs sending messages that are all over the place so as to confuse the NSA whom I assume have been surveilling this account.

Find a nice conspiracy website and let a Markov Chain get to work.

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Meh, I have a bot running my PMs sending messages that are all over the place so as to confuse the NSA whom I assume have been surveilling this account.

Find a nice conspiracy website and let a Markov Chain get to work.

i refer to you as "our other terrorist"

I'm feeling a bit jihadist myself with this assault of Christmas music. Cant stand it. This is absolutely the worst time of the year unless you're a gump ass kid or a family man.

Then who do you greet after the 100th iteration of "Let it Snow"? At the store? An insane man in a Santa outfit rattling your brain meat with that bell jingle. Just a few more weeks 👍

6 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I'm relegated to "other"?  You wound me.

well, tso is a mod, so yeah, he outranks you in any category you share

and i still have my 50 year old t-shirt from national lampoon magazine (i have several gems from them) that says "shoot the wounded" on the front

but then there was a lot less violence in the violent 60's then there is now

Company Christmas party starts in an hour.  Here goes the first pregame shot...

Ahem, now, I get nervous in these situations.  Nothing to do but crack jokes and talk.  I like to post up in the back and small talk with the real MFs.  Our office manager's husband was in Delta Force, we like to trade beers.  So I'm bringing some from Maryland, Flying Dog mixed pack.

Bonus cash inbound.  Beer me.  Holla atcha boy.

RTT 4 Lyfe.

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

well, tso is a mod, so yeah, he outranks you in any category you share

and i still have my 50 year old t-shirt from national lampoon magazine (i have several gems from them) that says "shoot the wounded" on the front

but then there was a lot less violence in the violent 60's then there is now

I'm curious about the context of that and intended humor, because in reality often wounding the enemy is better then killing them, because then you occupy more of their resources and personnel in tending to those wounded than you otherwise would by killing them.

36 minutes ago, China said:

I'm curious about the context of that and intended humor, because in reality often wounding the enemy is better then killing them, because then you occupy more of their resources and personnel in tending to those wounded than you otherwise would by killing them.

it's not about the enemy

as a yute back then i just assumed the idea was that it's your own wounded you shoot rather than use resources to save them and you don't want to just leave them to be captured and risk their being used for some benefit to the enemy 

just seemed obvious to me

i blame lack of quality parenting

32 minutes ago, twa said:

sitting at a fire pit with a GK looking at pics of his ancestors....I'm officially old.

and damn I have a lot of kin according to the child 😛

My sister has a picture she kept on the sideboard of my grandfather from about 1915 or so when he was a toddler with his dog.  Almost invariably people would ask her about the dog thinking it was her son.  At that age my grandfather and my nephew looked nearly identical.  Crazy.

22 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

it's not about the enemy

as a yute back then i just assumed the idea was that it's your own wounded you shoot rather than use resources to save them and you don't want to just leave them to be captured and risk their being used for some benefit to the enemy 

That was my understanding.   Kind of like when they try to bring out the almost dead guy for the cart when screaming "bring out your dead."

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm feeling a bit jihadist myself with this assault of Christmas music. Cant stand it. This is absolutely the worst time of the year unless you're a gump ass kid or a family man.

Then who do you greet after the 100th iteration of "Let it Snow"? At the store? An insane man in a Santa outfit rattling your brain meat with that bell jingle. Just a few more weeks 👍

Be glad you don't live in Burlington:

Church Street Accidentally Plays Holiday Music All Night

Leah Gimbutas is already sick of Christmas music. That's because Gimbutas, who lives on Burlington's Church Street Marketplace, got an all-night holiday serenade back on November 15. 

She called the marketplace office "literally the second they opened the next day," the Champlain College student said. "I was like, 'This is torture. I'm not dealing with this again!'"

The music usually turns off at 9 p.m. Ron Redmond, who stepped down earlier this week from his post as executive director of the marketplace, said a software update was to blame for Gimbutas' tossing and turning all holy night.

Each holiday season for the last 25 years, the marketplace has hung speakers on lampposts and played seasonal music during the day and into the evening, according to Redmond. 

To a pedestrian strolling down the avenue, the tunes aren't especially loud. But Gimbutas said she awoke at 3 a.m. to music and couldn't get back to sleep. Each time the music swelled, she'd bolt upright.

"It was all I could hear," Gimbutas said. "I yelled at the windows. I was going so insane."

Click on the link for the full article

4 hours ago, Jumbo said:

it's not about the enemy

I'd ask our resident expert if this is a good analog for the psychopath test, but...

Archived