Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

• TK locked this topic
  • Jumbo unlocked this topic

Looks like I'm going to be in the market for a new car.  Took my car in for service and they quoted me needed repairs in excess of $5000.  That's about what the car is worth at this point.  Seems to me it would be better to put that money towards a new car.

9 minutes ago, China said:

Looks like I'm going to be in the market for a new car.  Took my car in for service and they quoted me needed repairs in excess of $5000.  That's about what the car is worth at this point.  Seems to me it would be better to put that money towards a new car.

get a hummer

you can weld on your own turret 

be ready for 2020

I thought about starting a Black Friday thread but that **** came and went so fast,  plus I spent most of my Sunday driving back.

What did yall get? I picked up a sweet 43 inch Vizio for $278  with a $50 Wal Mart gift card that I had on the shelf for a bit. Then I got a new Toshiba laptop from Best Buy complete with the Microsoft Home Office bundle with the black Friday deal that waves the subscriptions.

Then I went to Annapolis Mall on Sunday and got two Oakley shield sunglasses, one for when I go to Liberty later this winter to snowboard, and another street pair to wear casually. Also picked up some Burberry (Touch) cologne.

Pretty successful few days of shopping. Gotta get that fire stick though. That's the last item.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I thought about starting a Black Friday thread but that **** came and went so fast,  plus I spent most of my Sunday driving back.

What did yall get? I picked up a sweet 43 inch Vizio for $278  with a $50 Wal Mart gift card that I had on the shelf for a bit. Then I got a new Toshiba laptop from Best Buy complete with the Microsoft Home Office bundle with the black Friday deal that waves the subscriptions.

Then I went to Annapolis Mall on Sunday and got two Oakley shield sunglasses, one for when I go to Liberty later this winter to snowboard, and another street pair to wear casually. Also picked up some Burberry (Touch) cologne.

Pretty successful few days of shopping. Gotta get that fire stick though. That's the last item.

Absolutely nothing.  My wife went on a me-cation on Black Friday, so I wasn't as motivated to even shop online.  I did get The Outer Worlds on Cyber Monday though after seeing it was $35.  

How much are the fire sticks going for?  I have like five Roku sticks and one Amazon Fire stick across the house.  The main reason I got a fire stick was in case I ever wanted to jail break it, I heard it's easier than the Roku ones.  I have issues with some of my apps on the fire stick that I don't have on the Roku, but it seems to be limited to two apps (ESPN and NBA). 

Like it won't load a game on ESPN or ESPN2 stating I don't have a subscription to that with Direct TV, when I do.  Then it just decides to work the next day, or I restart the thing or delete the app and reinstall and it works.  NBA, it will tell me sometimes that I don't have NBA League Pass and I have to delete the app and reinstall, sometimes just starting and restarting works.  It's not all the time, but still occurs enough to annoy the hell out of me.

Could be the version I bought, it's a 2nd gen one.

57 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

get a hummer

you can weld on your own turret 

be ready for 2020

These are three separate random thoughts, right?

First, get a BJ.

Second, learn a new skill: welding.

Third, prepare for next year.

11 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i have spent zero dollars on xmas yet

not participating in black friday/cyber monday/ruby tuesday  is unamerican i've been told

When my daughter was little, like 5 or 6 yo her favorite restaurant was Ruby Tuesday's.  One night she says to me and the wife, "Daddy, can we go to Roofie Tuesday's for dinner?"  

Yeah, pretty sure nobody wants to go to Roofie Tuesday's for dinner :rofl89:

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Absolutely nothing.  My wife went on a me-cation on Black Friday, so I wasn't as motivated to even shop online.  I did get The Outer Worlds on Cyber Monday though after seeing it was $35.  

How much are the fire sticks going for?  I have like five Roku sticks and one Amazon Fire stick across the house.  The main reason I got a fire stick was in case I ever wanted to jail break it, I heard it's easier than the Roku ones.  I have issues with some of my apps on the fire stick that I don't have on the Roku, but it seems to be limited to two apps (ESPN and NBA). 

Like it won't load a game on ESPN or ESPN2 stating I don't have a subscription to that with Direct TV, when I do.  Then it just decides to work the next day, or I restart the thing or delete the app and reinstall and it works.  NBA, it will tell me sometimes that I don't have NBA League Pass and I have to delete the app and reinstall, sometimes just starting and restarting works.  It's not all the time, but still occurs enough to annoy the hell out of me.

Could be the version I bought, it's a 2nd gen one.

$30-$50. Dunno what possible cyber Monday deals there could've been. My uncle told me what to do with them. Gonna have to shoot him a text for some directions.

4 hours ago, China said:

Ayyyye, I’m “in the biz”.  Mazda/Hyundai specifically.

PM me if you have any questions.

20 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Ayyyye, I’m “in the biz”.  Mazda/Hyundai specifically.

PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks, but although those brands both make some nice vehicles, nothing in the category I'm looking for.  I have niche tastes, and by that I mean I want a wagon, not a sedan, minivan or SUV.  In the US that limits my selections severely.  Basically, it is the Audi A4 Allroad, the Volvo V60, the Mercedes E-class wagon, the Subaru Outback, or the Buick TourX.  BMW and VW only sell their full size wagons in Europe, the Golf wagon is too small for me.  I like the Mercedes AMG wagon, but $111,000 is a little steep for me, and I don't really need 600hp to haul groceries, although that might be fun.

11 minutes ago, China said:

Thanks, but although those brands both make some nice vehicles, nothing in the category I'm looking for.  I have niche tastes, and by that I mean I want a wagon, not a sedan, minivan or SUV.  In the US that limits my selections severely.  Basically, it is the Audi A4 Allroad, the Volvo V60, the Mercedes E-class wagon, the Subaru Outback, or the Buick TourX.  BMW and VW only sell their full size wagons in Europe, the Golf wagon is too small for me.  I like the Mercedes AMG wagon, but $111,000 is a little steep for me, and I don't really need 600hp to haul groceries, although that might be fun.

Ooooh, I love what Volvo is doing these days.  Prolly be my next lease.

My least favorite thing is going to my wife’s company’s xmas party. It’s not because I don’t know anyone, i can make friends. It’s because they hand out ****ing drink tickets so everyone is limited to 3 drinks. Im not sure if this is a cost saving measure or they just don’t want anyone having more than 3 drinks.  It doesn’t matter.  My wife is pregnant so I immediately took her tix and slammed 6 drinks and these people, with 2 exceptions, are entirely uninteresting. The 2 exceptions appeared to be rabid, which i thought was a delightful change of pace. Anyways i made my pregnant wife designated drive my ass home so i can punish my collection of vodka any fancy vermouth. 

946470AA-BDD0-4D8E-84A4-A379995F3910.jpeg

Archived