stevenaa

Random Thought Thread

Recommended Posts

About to go to bed. 23 hours straight grinding.  Got a bonus this morning.  Time for sleep, then a 14-hour shift.  Tuesday evening and Wednesday off.  Love pushing the limits, feels more and more satisfying as I get older.  Relish the youth you still have left before you're lookin' like Steven Hawking with the opposite level of brain power.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't hear Dylan.

 

giphy.gif

34 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Give the Mondays a fistful of Steel

I was 13 or 14 and we were playing street football, one of my friends older brother who was 16 or 17 then, drove down to us and he was blasting this album out of his car. It was . . .

 

CreativeWiltedChipmunk-size_restricted.g

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RATM (self titled debut album) is one of my faves of all time. So much style, soul/funk, and barbed wire coming at you all at once.

 

Miss those dudes, man. I could never accept Audioslave 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

RATM (self titled debut album) is one of my faves of all time. So much style, soul/funk, and barbed wire coming at you all at once.

 

Miss those dudes, man. I could never accept Audioslave 

Yeah. The angst was real.

 

Soundgarden was awesome. Rage was awesome. Surprised how bad Audioslave sucked.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

RATM (self titled debut album) is one of my faves of all time. So much style, soul/funk, and barbed wire coming at you all at once.

 

Miss those dudes, man. I could never accept Audioslave 

Have you heard of Prophets of Rage?

 

Morello, Comerford, and Wilk (rest of RATM) fronted by Chuck D, B-Real, and DJ Lord

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

RATM (self titled debut album) is one of my faves of all time. So much style, soul/funk, and barbed wire coming at you all at once.

 

Miss those dudes, man. I could never accept Audioslave 

 

Rage is the southside of Chicago.

 

Audioslave is Rockville.

 

There are only two bands that I find have no bad songs. Led Zeppelin and Rage against the machine.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My company laid off 120 people including myself in really **** fashion and the managers who are also getting kick have been terrorizing the employees.  They been trying to work us to death until the final day so I just dropped a pto bomb until the last day since I has so much saved up.  Eat a **** folks. 

  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

My company laid off 120 people including myself in really **** fashion and the managers who are also getting kick have been terrorizing the employees.  They been trying to work us to death until the final day so I just dropped a pto bomb until the last day since I has so much saved up.  Eat a **** folks. 

sorry about that bruh. Hopefully they pay out your PTO. Were they going to cash you out for any unused PTO? 

 

Edit: If they weren't going to cash you out, then even better to take it as leave.

Edited by Elessar78
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's always nice to take some time between gigs, especially if you've been **** on. Hope everything gets better soon, RR88. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the Nats in the World Series and NBA season starting tonight, this is the first time in DC sports all four teams will be playing meaningful games at the same time. I don't think all four teams will ever be playing on the exact same day though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

With the Nats in the World Series and NBA season starting tonight, this is the first time in DC sports all four teams will be playing meaningful games at the same time. I don't think all four teams will ever be playing on the exact same day though.

 

"Meaningful" is open to interpretation.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

 

"Meaningful" is open to interpretation.

 

Spiff pretty much texts me every Sunday about Kirk, so don’t buy his “meaningful” silliness.

 

He will be LOCKED IN to Thursday Night Football this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

 

Spiff pretty much texts me every Sunday about Kirk, so don’t buy his “meaningful” silliness.

 

He will be LOCKED IN to Thursday Night Football this week.

 

I can't help it if you're a mark.  :ols:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.