Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

@Mr. Sinister I was around 10 years old, flipping through channels late at night, and came across that movie when the tournament was just starting. Changed my life.

It actually turned out to look a lot like the beginning of MMA, outside of Royce Gracie.

Might've watched it at my grandparents house in NJ one summer on like HBO or something. I feel like movies like Bloodsport also did a lot for the fighting game genre. There was like an explosion not long after that of games hitting consoles and arcades and mimicking that style. It, Game of Death, and Karate Kid probably had a lot to do with that.

Stone Cold and X-Pac look huge in that pic.

For real tho, who remembers the 1-2-3 kid?  **** was bonkers.

He was X-Pac when he was OVER as hell.  His peak, even tho he rode the NWO/DX train.

Look up 1-2-3 Kid vs. Razor Ramon.

"Jobbers" were a huge thing back in the day. A Jobber was a wounded animal, against a top contender.  It was almost every match that a superstar was against a jobber.

Basically a showcase.

Finally McMahon put a jobber over.

A rivalry ensued:

Bobby Heenan: "What is this!?!?"

The 123 kid was my dude. I remember sneaking to stay up until like 2 in the morning to watch him on ESPN 3 or something  in a promotion called GWF when he was the Lightning Kid. I lost my mind when he beat da bad guy :D

You're late to the Poppy experience. This is her best jam. (NSFW if you can't handle the s word)

48 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Stone Cold and X-Pac look huge in that pic.

For real tho, who remembers the 1-2-3 kid?  **** was bonkers.

He was X-Pac when he was OVER as hell.  His peak, even tho he rode the NWO/DX train.

Look up 1-2-3 Kid vs. Razor Ramon.

"Jobbers" were a huge thing back in the day. A Jobber was a wounded animal, against a top contender.  It was almost every match that a superstar was against a jobber.

Basically a showcase.

Finally McMahon put a jobber over.

A rivalry ensued:

Bobby Heenan: "What is this!?!?"

I used to laugh every time the 123 Kid would come out 😂😂😂 the most shocking match of my youth LOL

Archived