Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

2 hours ago, Chew said:

Welp, it's official.  Just received the offer letter after a phone call, the gov't made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  Took a fed job with the Dept of Energy.  Even after negotiating, the pay cut is pretty brutal.  But priorities have shifted since having a kid, and the stability of being a fed is more important than the money as a contractor, which I've been for the last 11 years.  

I accepted 13 up in Golden, going to be one of the lead Contracting Officers on a $2B research and testing contract at NREL, the #1 green and renewable energy research facility in the country.  I'll be dealing with scientists in lab coats and goggles every day, buying all the toys they need to do their experiments.  

The HR guy said 172 people applied for this job, and they chose your boy.  I slayed the interview, and was told the praise from my professional references "blew them away."  

Had to step outside to shed a few thug tears after the call.  I've worked harder than everyone around me at every job I've ever had, and it feels like it's finally paying off.  

This is pretty much a dream job.  Telework 3 days a week, they do happy hour every Tuesday, and they're real big on work/life balance.  Also, the mission at NREL is something I'm really excited about being a part of.  I'll be part of the machine that's trying to make the world a cleaner place for my kid.  

Hey if you need a guy in lab coat let me get a link to job description and application, I’ll be happy to work under you or on top whatever it takes. 

Jokes aside congrats!!! I’m happy that all your hard work has paid off, it’s inspiration to those who work hard but sometimes feel under appreciated. 

A few weeks ago, I got interested in the Apollo program to send people to the moon.  While Apollo 11 was the first moon landing, I learned that Apollo 10 was a full "dress rehearsal" for that mission, meaning all of the systems were fully functional and capable of landing on the moon if the astronauts said "screw it, we are making history today".  The lunar lander on Apollo 10 was called Snoopy, after the Peanuts character.

So, in my almost nonexistent understanding of physics, I now believe there is an alternative timeline where the Apollo 10 mission landed on the moon first, and the phrase "The beagle has landed" is an iconic phrase in history. 

5 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Congratulate him. RTT style. 

funbunch-oldschoolskins.gif.47a005f44291413c1798b87ad95c7d70.gif

Chew stick!  That is freaking AWESOME my man!  11 years at the old gig eh?  Man, don't know how well you get to know your coworkers, or if they are cool or not... but that in itself seems like it would be a really tough part of leaving.

My work ethic is my best asset as well.  Come see these hands during overtime hours, bama.  😄

For real though, awesome gig, good luck.

8 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Congratulate him. RTT style. 

Chew walking into the job interview like....

Image result for d lo brown animated gif

Chew slaying the interview like......

Chew accepting the job offer like....

Chew celebrating the new job like....

Image result for wwe the godfather ho train animated gif

@Chew  Congrats man!  It's always nice to see one of the good guys get theirs!

On 8/22/2019 at 4:30 PM, abdcskins said:

I dunno man, it seems pretty spontaneous.  I don't think the girls are looking at him first.  He's usually on college campuses.  Go ahead and watch this real quick and tell me what you think.  Doesn't seem staged at all.

Cute in a good way, at least one can tell was really feeling it, some seemed more curious.  Like to know how many he actually asked then told him no or gave him fake number.  Difference between not a lot of time and being relentless, I felt it and know plenty of women that would've had a different reaction.  I like how he said we can start as friends and she told him he had a BF, seen that before : )

16 hours ago, Chew said:

Welp, it's official.  Just received the offer letter after a phone call, the gov't made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  Took a fed job with the Dept of Energy.  Even after negotiating, the pay cut is pretty brutal.  But priorities have shifted since having a kid, and the stability of being a fed is more important than the money as a contractor, which I've been for the last 11 years.  

I accepted 13 up in Golden, going to be one of the lead Contracting Officers on a $2B research and testing contract at NREL, the #1 green and renewable energy research facility in the country.  I'll be dealing with scientists in lab coats and goggles every day, buying all the toys they need to do their experiments.  

The HR guy said 172 people applied for this job, and they chose your boy.  I slayed the interview, and was told the praise from my professional references "blew them away."  

Had to step outside to shed a few thug tears after the call.  I've worked harder than everyone around me at every job I've ever had, and it feels like it's finally paying off.  

This is pretty much a dream job.  Telework 3 days a week, they do happy hour every Tuesday, and they're real big on work/life balance.  Also, the mission at NREL is something I'm really excited about being a part of.  I'll be part of the machine that's trying to make the world a cleaner place for my kid.  

Captain Planet lookin-ass

17 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I’ll be happy to work under you or on top whatever it takes. 

I'm flexible.  I mean that literally and figuratively.  :ph34r:  Jokes aside, I'd love to have you here in the Mile-High. 

Thanks bro, and everyone else.  I was Cloud-9'ing when I made that post yesterday, kinda regret it now.  Feels a little douchey, but oh well.  My mom cried when I told her, I see where I get my softness from.  

In other news, to celebrate yesterday, I stopped by Popeyes and copped 4 sammiches, two spicy and two classic.  Dawg, them joints are amazing.  I was moaning as I ate them, I could feel all the taste buds on my tongue getting ****ed proper by all that fried goodness and sauce.  Chick-Fil-WHO?  God, they were so good.  

1 hour ago, Chew said:

In other news, to celebrate yesterday, I stopped by Popeyes and copped 4 sammiches, two spicy and two classic.  Dawg, them joints are amazing.  I was moaning as I ate them, I could feel all the taste buds on my tongue getting ****ed proper by all that fried goodness and sauce.  Chick-Fil-WHO?  God, they were so good.  

What's the sauce? I've gotten really picky lately, and am more of a dipper with sammiches...

I know I have to take the diuretic, to  get rid of what my liver can't...but I can't get back to work & expect to conduct business from the ladies' room either. :taz:

So as a web developer, i donate my skills to a local Catholic school. Built them a website, taught them how to manage it,, and i handle large aspects of it if they need help.

They are having a fundraiser 5K in the fall, and they sent me over their new flyer to include on the website.

Part of the fundraiser is a spaghetti dinner the night before the run, and on the flyer they used what they thought was a cute graphic of a spaghetti and meatballs.. so they put some running shoes on it,,

and there on the flyer for this catholic school event is the Flying Spaghetti Monster, big as can be.

So i got to thinking...  we always see something so dumb, so ridiculous that we all wonder "WHO let this by? Where is quality control??"

and i figured in this case.. well, that's me since obviously NO one knew what the Flying Spaghetti Monster was, and how it is a symbol that mocks their faith.

As an atheist, i am laughing like hell..  but as a professional ,i buttoned up my lip and wrote them a note and sent them some links to explain what it was. i also included a new image i made of a fork of spaghetti jogging that they could use.

i haven't heard back yet. I wonder if they believe me?

~Bang

2 hours ago, Chew said:

I'm flexible.  I mean that literally and figuratively.  :ph34r:  Jokes aside, I'd love to have you here in the Mile-High. 

Thanks bro, and everyone else.  I was Cloud-9'ing when I made that post yesterday, kinda regret it now.  Feels a little douchey, but oh well.  My mom cried when I told her, I see where I get my softness from.  

I would love to move there too. If you got a link, l look into it on the real. 

That spicy sauce on the Popeyes sammich>>>

man those workers are so annoying that sandwich. I went again, and before I even ordered they asked how many chicken sammiches I want. I was like damn. 

9 hours ago, Bang said:

So as a web developer, i donate my skills to a local Catholic school. Built them a website, taught them how to manage it,, and i handle large aspects of it if they need help.

They are having a fundraiser 5K in the fall, and they sent me over their new flyer to include on the website.

Part of the fundraiser is a spaghetti dinner the night before the run, and on the flyer they used what they thought was a cute graphic of a spaghetti and meatballs.. so they put some running shoes on it,,

and there on the flyer for this catholic school event is the Flying Spaghetti Monster, big as can be.

So i got to thinking...  we always see something so dumb, so ridiculous that we all wonder "WHO let this by? Where is quality control??"

and i figured in this case.. well, that's me since obviously NO one knew what the Flying Spaghetti Monster was, and how it is a symbol that mocks their faith.

As an atheist, i am laughing like hell..  but as a professional ,i buttoned up my lip and wrote them a note and sent them some links to explain what it was. i also included a new image i made of a fork of spaghetti jogging that they could use.

i haven't heard back yet. I wonder if they believe me?

~Bang

Does the "no religion" rule in this thread mean we can discuss atheism? 🤔

Oh wait...

aThEiSm iS A rElIGiOn

22 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Does the "no religion" rule in this thread mean we can discuss atheism? 🤔

Oh wait...

aThEiSm iS A rElIGiOn

Technically no it's not, but I dont think we should discuss it here, it's not a belief system it's a lack of belief.  Like someone who doesnt believe in dragons is not called a non-dragon believer 

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Technically no it's not, but I dont think we should discuss it here, it's not a belief system it's a lack of belief.  Like someone who doesnt believe in dragons is not called a non-dragon believer 

Speak for yourself.  I label awyvernists all the time.

Archived