• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      In today's Divisional Debacle, the Defense under Greg Manusky in the first half, gave up 207 yards of offense (105 rushing/102 passing) and two touchdowns.  That said, they did manage a single INT on which the Offense actually managed to score a touchdown off of. They allowed 12 of 16 passes to be completed . 

In the second half it was 107 yards given up (58 rushing//49 passing) a field goal and a touchdown. They traded their first half pick for a second half sack. However, Dallas completed all five of their pass attempts. 

Don't read that thinking "Well it seems like they tightened up some in the 2nd half."  They didn't. They simply had about half the plays in the second half. 30 plays in the First and 18 in the Second.

So far in two Divisional matchups, the Defense has faltered in the Second half. They start out like a house of fire for the first few drives until their opponents gradually make adjustments. This Defensive coaching staff fails make any adjustments, whether in game or at the very least at Halftime. They've given up over 30 points per game for a total of 63 points given up in two games. While the Bears are up next, the Pats await and they've put up over 70 points in two games. Yeah. Ok. They did shut out the Dolphins today which is looking like the NFL version of ... ahem... shooting fish in a barrel. 

The frustrating thing is Manusky is the DC that the Front Office actively looked to replace during the off season without firing him. When you know they're looking to replace you, most people would make a concentrated effort to show an improvement. Yet Manusky's Defense still keeps acting like it's starring in Groundhog Day.

In his post game presser, when asked directly about if any coaching changes would be made, Gruden said "No, I think after two games – you’re talking about playing two very good offensive football teams and two of the best offensive lines in pro football we just played back-to-back. That’s no excuse whatsoever, but I don’t think we need to hit the panic button yet. We just have to continue to focus on what we can do better to win. Get Jonathan [Allen] in here, get a couple of our corners back in here and let’s go back and strap it up against Chicago [Bears] next week and see what happens.” 

Here's another frustrating thing. The defensive communication was an issue last season as well. Wasn't this supposed to have been worked on during OTA's and Training Camp? It's understandable that the rookies would still be on a learning curve, but NFL vets like Collins and DRC you'd think they would have down by the start of the season. 

Gruden said they're a very talented group on Defense but that they weren't reaching them. When questioned as to why the coaching staff that has been in place for several years, wasn't reaching them, he defended the comment as them being a young defense. “We have some moving parts now. Landon Collins is a veteran guy but this is his first year, [Montez] Sweat’s in his first year, [Cole] Holcomb, it’s his first year, [Jon] Bostic is in his first year. We’re playing Dominique [Rodgers-Cromartie] at corner and this is Jimmy Moreland’s first year, so it’s not like we are the most experienced group. We feel like were very talented, but we`re still fighting through somethings. There are a lot of things to look forward to, without a doubt, but we do have to play better and strap it up and get back to work."

stevenaa

Random Thought Thread

13 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Joan Jett is still a badass.

The HS that is mentioned is by my house now. I grew up 3000 miles away and our claim to fame musically was the Chad Hugo (1/2 of NERD) and the lead singer (Lady Miss Kier) of Deee-Lite (groove is in the heart).

That.. and JR Reid (basketball), DJ Dozier (football), and actor Jason Winston George.

Lady Miss Kier is UNDERRATED.

• Like 1

Nicolas Cage is a very underrated actor.  The Rock, Gone in 60 Seconds, Con Air, Face Off, and Windtalkers are 5 of the best movies in the TNT/TBS/FX rotation.  You can turn them on at any point in the movie and get sucked into watching the rest.  The National Treasure series is better than the Indiana Jones movies.  They are way more relevant and plausible and hold up better as time has past.

3 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Nicolas Cage is a very underrated actor.  The Rock, Gone in 60 Seconds, Con Air, Face Off, and Windtalkers are 5 of the best movies in the TNT/TBS/FX rotation.  You can turn them on at any point in the movie and get sucked into watching the rest.  The National Treasure series is better than the Indiana Jones movies.  They are way more relevant and plausible and hold up better as time has past.

I forgive you

If you have been on this board less than 5 years, this post won't make any sense, so just skip to the next one.

Got this text today from a guy I built a bass for about 8 or so years ago.

What's up Brian, Duke here.  Don't know if this is still your number but if it is I want you to know that the Bass you made me made its way into the hand of the great Pete Sears...and he ****ing loved it!!!! Hope all is well my man.

Pete Sears was the top session guy in SF, and played in Jefferson Starship from the late seventies to mid eighties.  I don't make instruments anymore (lost a small fortune trying to break into the market), but that was still sweet to hear.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

In Breaking Bad, the only major character that could pull a spin-off series was Saul, imo.  Sure, they have the TV movie coming out that focuses on Jessie, but it's not a series.  

Mike.  I wanted more about Mike.  That actor was too old to do a prequel where you'd get his backstory but Mike was the man.  The ultimate fixer.  

48 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

If you have been on this board less than 5 years, this post won't make any sense, so just skip to the next one.

What's up Brian, Duke here.  Don't know if this is still your number but if it is I want you to know that the Bass you made me made its way into the hand of the great Pete Sears...and he ****ing loved it!!!! Hope all is well my man.

Pete Sears was the top session guy in SF, and played in Jefferson Starship from the late seventies to mid eighties.  I don't make instruments anymore (lost a small fortune trying to break into the market), but that was still sweet to hear.

That's cool man, congrats.  But that means Pete Sears played on "We Built This City" and is therefore dead to me.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, daveakl said:

What is happening?!

390834147_giphy(3).gif.7c6f29f5305c302d0ab721b89fbfbfc4.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

So is this Popeye's chicken sandwich here to stay?  Is it something I can try in a couple months after this hype has died down or is it gonna be here for a couple weeks and then disappear like Taco Bell does with the Bacon Club Chalupa?

The Bacon Club Chalupa is, like, the Halley's Comet of the fast food world.  Comes around for a brief sighting not too often.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

If Indiana Jones just let the Nazis have the ark in 1936 they would’ve surely presented it to Hitler. They would’ve opened it in front of him. WW2 and the Holoacaust would never have happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Question, materials wise, how much was the cost to make a bass guitar?  And would you be willing to make another for an RTT homie?

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Question, materials wise, how much was the cost to make a bass guitar?  And would you be willing to make another for an RTT homie?

Were it possible, I would be willing, but I sold off all my machines and wood before moving to Georgia.

Typically, it was about $600 in materials for a bass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Boba tea you taste soooo goood....

Puts teabagging in a whole new light

13 hours ago, daveakl said:

Raptors Guy is becoming untethered.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, daveakl said:

Nicolas Cage is a very underrated actor. 

How is the kiddo doing? 

2 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

How is the kiddo doing? 

Doing good!  Starting 4th grade on Monday and down to 2 scans per year (every 6 months now).  

• Like 9

Welp, it's official.  Just received the offer letter after a phone call, the gov't made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  Took a fed job with the Dept of Energy.  Even after negotiating, the pay cut is pretty brutal.  But priorities have shifted since having a kid, and the stability of being a fed is more important than the money as a contractor, which I've been for the last 11 years.  

I accepted 13 up in Golden, going to be one of the lead Contracting Officers on a $2B research and testing contract at NREL, the #1 green and renewable energy research facility in the country.  I'll be dealing with scientists in lab coats and goggles every day, buying all the toys they need to do their experiments.  

The HR guy said 172 people applied for this job, and they chose your boy.  I slayed the interview, and was told the praise from my professional references "blew them away."  

Had to step outside to shed a few thug tears after the call.  I've worked harder than everyone around me at every job I've ever had, and it feels like it's finally paying off.  

This is pretty much a dream job.  Telework 3 days a week, they do happy hour every Tuesday, and they're real big on work/life balance.  Also, the mission at NREL is something I'm really excited about being a part of.  I'll be part of the machine that's trying to make the world a cleaner place for my kid.  

• Like 14