Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's not how this works, there are rules, we almost got this thread closed for not following them so no we wont just let you because you want to.

Yes, no politics or religion. Beautiful. That was not what I responded to. The portion about crypto is not in the rules, that was just random nonsense.

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

Yes, no politics or religion. Beautiful. That was not what I responded to. The portion about crypto is not in the rules, that was just random nonsense.

You specificly mentioned potus, that's politics.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That gif hurt me deeply.....

But im still here for you. Im always up for recruiting new rtt brethren

My attempt to give you a hug via gif? 

Just now, Renegade7 said:

You specificly mentioned potus, that's politics.

Yeah, I got that, sport, that’s why I mentioned that, sport. The fella then went on to add something ridiculous, which I responded to him about & have now specified more than once. Try to keep up with the thread, get out of the emotions.

No politics, again, beautiful. Someone adding rules for the heck of it, seems very anti-tailgate. I’ll keep my eye on it. Heal up.

12 hours ago, volsmet said:

I find it hard to believe that there are humans who don’t hold any crypto.

❤️

Amended for mankind, and renegade.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

I was the one receiving the hug? Awesome! Thought I was the other guy. I would never turn down the opportunity to connect with my fellow man on that deep, spiritual, brotherly plane.

In my world, you were the guy pushing my love away. It felt real to me. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Appreciate that, fa real. :cheers:

Absolutely it helps, I knew that in high school.  But it will cap my career if I dont stop and the one I have will let me go if they find out.  Getting medical pescription isnt an option, like I cant tell if im saving my career by risking my health or risking my career by risking my health.  I dont know if I can pass a polygraph anyway...

Oh nah, man.  Can't have the tree interfering with that bread.  I see your dilemma.  

I guess just talk with your doc and see what they think?  Does your doc know you smoke as a substitute for the meds sometimes?  And I remember you talking about the struggles of balancing meds before, that sounds like a total bummer.  I can't imagine trying to balance your mental health, happiness, and career...having to choose or prioritize.  :( 

I was on depression meds for a while but haven't needed them since I started back with the greenery a few years ago.  My super progressive therapist is totes cool with me doing weed in moderation.  I even talked with him about my ego death experiences and witnessing my own death while tripping bawlz on "heroic doses" of edibles...he helped me unpack it all.  Amazing stuff, that marijuanas.  :)

But if weed will hinder your career in any way, I think you've gotta give it up.  At least for now.  

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Amended for mankind, and renegade.

In my world, you were the guy pushing my love away. It felt real to me. 

I'm a very caring guy ( obligatory no Hibbert). Like a ray of dark humored sunshine.

You just have to let me in. :evil:

Oh, sorry... You just have to let me in 🤗

3 minutes ago, Chew said:

I guess just talk with your doc and see what they think?  Does your doc know you smoke as a substitute for the meds sometimes?  And I remember you talking about the struggles of balancing meds before, that sounds like a total bummer.  I can't imagine trying to balance your mental health, happiness, and career...having to choose or prioritize.  :( 

I was on depression meds for a while but haven't needed them since I started back with the greenery a few years ago.  My super progressive therapist is totes cool with me doing weed in moderation.  I even talked with him about my ego death experiences and witnessing my own death...he helped me unpack it all.  Amazing stuff, that marijuanas.  :)

But if weed will hinder your career in any way, I think you've gotta give it up.  At least for now.  

The thing that’s almost never mentioned, that causes far more trouble than pharmaceutical companies care to acknowledge, is the significant difference in physiological reactions based simply on the manufacturer of a medication... it’s worse with anti-depressants than most. People have no idea that they’re actually getting a slightly different medication when the manufacturer is changed... you have to call & be sure your pharmacy has what your body is used to.. otherwise things can spiral downhill quickly. It’s unconscionable that this isn’t something taken far more seriously, I’ve seen it’s impact time & time again.

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

@Renegade7 - now I see why you’re always coming at me, you have 17 days won & I have 16. I’m coming for you & you can’t do anything about it. Unfortunately, neither can I, what the heck is a day won.

Nobody is coming at you.  We got this thread locked down twice due to talking about Redskins football and football in general in here after TK told us not to and to keep that in the correct forum and threads.  We don't want it locked down again by someone talking about subjects there are already threads for. 

As for my comment to Warhead, it was an obvious joke based on something he posted in the Wizards thread.  Anyhow, as far as religion and politics go, the thread was created to avoid those specific topics as nothing usually good comes from discussing politics and religion. 

It's not a mod/admin directive, but we avoid it out of respect for each other.  And by each other, all the RTT regulars and our fallen homies.

Image result for pour one out animated gif

27 minutes ago, volsmet said:

My attempt to give you a hug via gif? 

Yeah, I got that, sport, that’s why I mentioned that, sport. The fella then went on to add something ridiculous, which I responded to him about & have now specified more than once. Try to keep up with the thread, get out of the emotions.

No politics, again, beautiful. Someone adding rules for the heck of it, seems very anti-tailgate. I’ll keep my eye on it. Heal up.

Really, dude?  I'm trying to be straight with you, dont make this personal.

@Chew I need to be self-employed so I can deal with my health in my own terms, that's what it feels like this is pointing to.  Had three different psychiatrist only one supported me smoking. Even if I stop smoking, picking my career over my health always felt like a bad idea, I didnt know if I'd even get this far to have this problem.

@volsmet you not always right, but you not always wrong either.  I have a bad habit of saying stuff instead of wishing I did.

9 minutes ago, volsmet said:

The thing that’s almost never mentioned, that causes far more trouble than pharmaceutical companies care to acknowledge, is the significant difference in physiological reactions based simply on the manufacturer of a medication... it’s worse with anti-depressants than most. People have no idea that they’re actually getting a slightly different medication when the manufacturer is changed... you have to call & be sure your pharmacy has what your body is used to.. otherwise things can spiral downhill quickly. It’s unconscionable that this isn’t something taken far more seriously, I’ve seen it’s impact time & time again.

Speaking of pharmaceutical companies, not only do they fail to account for the above, but much of the testing that they do on rats, especially for cancer treatment is useless for humans due to them creating a specific type of breeding environment that in essence over-estimates cancer risk and underestimates tissue damage.

Antagonistic pleiotropy, the evolutionary theory of senescence, posits that age related somatic decline is the inevitable late-life by-product of adaptations that increase fitness in early life. That concept, coupled with recent findings in oncology and gerontology, provides the foundation for an integrative theory of vertebrate senescence that reconciles aspects of the 'accumulated damage' 'metabolic rate', and 'oxidative stress' models.

We hypothesize that (1) in vertebrates, a telomeric fail-safe inhibits tumor formation by limiting cellular proliferation. (2) The same system results in the progressive degradation of tissue function with age. (3) These patterns are manifestations of an evolved antagonistic pleiotropy in which extrinsic causes of mortality favor a species-optimal balance between tumor suppression and tissue repair. (4) With that trade-off as a fundamental constraint, selection adjusts telomere lengths--longer telomeres increasing the capacity for repair, shorter telomeres increasing tumor resistance. (5) In environments where extrinsically induced mortality is frequent, selection against senescence is comparatively weak as few individuals live long enough to suffer a substantial phenotypic decline.

The weaker the selection against senescence, the further the optimal balance point moves toward shorter telomeres and increased tumor suppression. The stronger the selection against senescence, the farther the optimal balance point moves toward longer telomeres, increasing the capacity for tissue repair, slowing senescence and elevating tumor risks. (6) In iteroparous organisms selection tends to co-ordinate rates of senescence between tissues, such that no one organ generally limits life-span. A subsidiary hypothesis argues that senescent decline is the combined effect of (1) uncompensated cellular attrition and (2) increasing histological entropy. Entropy increases due to a loss of the intra-tissue positional information that normally regulates cell fate and function. Informational loss is subject to positive feedback, producing the ever-accelerating pattern of senescence characteristic of iteroparous vertebrates.

Though telomere erosion begins early in development, the onset of senescence should, on average, be deferred to the species-typical age of first reproduction, the balance point at which selection on this trade-off should allow exhaustion of replicative capacity to overtake some cell lines.

We observe that captive-rodent breeding protocols, designed to increase reproductive output, simultaneously exert strong selection against reproductive senescence and virtually eliminate selection that would otherwise favor tumor suppression. This appears to have greatly elongated the telomeres of laboratory mice. With their telomeric failsafe effectively disabled, these animals are unreliable models of normal senescence and tumor formation. Safety tests employing these animals likely overestimate cancer risks and underestimate tissue damage and consequent accelerated senescence.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/11454073_Weinstein_B_S_Ciszek_D_The_reserve_capacity_hypothesis_evolutionary_origins_and_modern_implications_between_tumor_suppression_and_tissue_repair_Exp_Gerontol_37_615-627

Archived