Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Went on a road trip this weekend. California is a great state. Yosemite is absolutely amazing, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. So many waterfalls. Glacier Point is the nicest view I've ever seen. I'm gonna go back and check out the rest of the park some day. Sequoia is damn nice too, I had already been there but a nice reminder. Then went to Lake Tahoe, also spectacular. Went on this splendid waterfall hike. Drank straight from the stream, some of the cleanest water you'll find in the country. If and when I retire, I could see myself living there.

Nature...amazing. I've always been an animal and environment supporter, but this trip reminded and rejuvenated my desire to conserve our planet and natural habitats. I think I'm going to go solar at my house. Walk whenever I can. Buy an electric car as my next vehicle, or at least hybrid. Conserve water, buy less plastic, and always bring a reusable shopping bag. Reduce my waste. 

Wish there were less humans on earth. We need more birth control. 

23 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Went on a road trip this weekend. California is a great state. Yosemite is absolutely amazing, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. So many waterfalls. Glacier Point is the nicest view I've ever seen. I'm gonna go back and check out the rest of the park some day. Sequoia is damn nice too, I had already been there but a nice reminder. Then went to Lake Tahoe, also spectacular. Went on this splendid waterfall hike. Drank straight from the stream, some of the cleanest water you'll find in the country. If and when I retire, I could see myself living there.

Nature...amazing. I've always been an animal and environment supporter, but this trip reminded and rejuvenated my desire to conserve our planet and natural habitats. I think I'm going to go solar at my house. Walk whenever I can. Buy an electric car as my next vehicle, or at least hybrid. Conserve water, buy less plastic, and always bring a reusable shopping bag. Reduce my waste. 

Wish there were less humans on earth. We need more birth control. 

i started refusing to plastic bags when I go to Target or similar places. In most places, I can carry whatever it is bought in my hand. I keep bags handy in my car too. Trying to get into the habit of carrying one into every store I go. Some clerks get pissy and passive aggressively just throw away the bag. 

With regards to PET bottles our customers say that can't make 'em fast enough. The eco-talk on that front just isn't matching up with the real-world demand for bottled water and drinks. 

Strangely, Corporations are sometimes leading the way. For example, Costco and Walmart are requiring that bottles sold in their stores be made of 50% recycled PET at a minimum. 

Was walking to work from the parking garage just now, I was standing at the corner waiting to cross the street.  This crazy lookin' homeless dude is walking really fast towards me while talking loudly...to himself.  This should be fun.

As he got closer, he stopped, made a gun with his index finger and thumb, and pointed it at me.  He said "one to ya head....BOOM.  One to ya chest....BOOM!!" and shot me twice with his finger gun.  Then he walked away.

The **** :rofl89:

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Was walking to work from the parking garage just now, I was standing at the corner waiting to cross the street.  This crazy lookin' homeless dude is walking really fast towards me while talking loudly...to himself.  This should be fun.

As he got closer, he stopped, made a gun with his index finger and thumb, and pointed it at me.  He said "one to ya head....BOOM.  One to ya chest....BOOM!!" and shot me twice with his finger gun.  Then he walked away.

The **** :rofl89:

You should've made a roof with your fingers, put it over your head and walked away while maintaining eye contact.  

I really love this State sometimes.

In California, we celebrate and support our lesbian, gay, transgender, and queer community's right to live out loud - during Pride month and every month. By flying the Pride flag over the State Capitol, we send a clear message that California is welcoming and inclusive to all, regardless of how you identify or who you love. - Gavin Newsom

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I really love this State sometimes.

I love Newsom.  Cali gets it.  We here in Colorado just elected the first openly gay governor in American history.  

Bob tried to tell folks times are a changin'.  :)  

4 minutes ago, Chew said:

I love Newsom.  Cali gets it.  We here in Colorado just elected the first openly gay governor in American history.  

Bob tried to tell folks times are a changin'.  :)  

The odd thing is I think Newsom is a douche and somewhat fake. But his social policies are representative of the State and he was the logical choice for Governor. I just hope that's the end of it for him. 

Ok..sorry rtt..no more politician talk. 😁

Archived