Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Gonna get my first dog.  Going to the shelter is hard though because there are at least 7 dogs that I love and would gladly take home.  Narrowed it down to a female 6 year old Dogue de Bordeaux/labrador mix and a female 1 year old boxer/pit mix.  The dogue is super nice and calm and loving, big sweetheart.  I told myself 3 is the oldest I would do but looking in her eyes she is amazing.  She has a microchip but the owners haven't responded yet.  The shelter sent a letter so there is a chance they come get her, she won't be available for 9 more days.  The boxer is getting spayed today.  She seemed a bit more energetic in the cage.  She was an owner surrender and will be available tomorrow.  Not sure what to do!  I hope the owners come back for the dogue.  I'm gonna go interact with the boxer tomorrow and see what I feel.  

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ran 26.22 miles yesterday.  Just to see if I could.  Broke it up into 5 pieces.  My legs are slowly starting to feel like they can work again.  Was able to get up and down the stairs a little while ago without looking like an old man.

That’s impressive. I ran 4 miles and I’m tired already

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ran 26.22 miles yesterday.  Just to see if I could.  Broke it up into 5 pieces.  My legs are slowly starting to feel like they can work again.  Was able to get up and down the stairs a little while ago without looking like an old man.

As long as we're bragging about how active we are, I almost didn't take a nap after work.

20 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

They just drew my new blood. Doc hadn't even seen it yet, I saw him at the elevator. He says something is going on & he wants to do a BONE MARROW BIOPSY. 

**** that. Other doc says stomach ultrasound. I think I'll start there. 😉

When do you get the update?

4 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

When do you get the update?

Thursday. The nurse called this morning asking if anyone had contacted me about the bone marrow biopsy, and I told her I wouldn't be going that direction. 

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

NoLa is the best for 48 hours.  Now I'm just tired and hungover and want to sleep in my own bed. 

Are you ever going home? 😆

Teacher trying to pass off bachelor labs for masters labs because the masters material is too old, but jus got caught cause some of the students had already done them.  I'm jus gonna lay here and wait to see how this goes, I can do the papers fine. Weaksauce.

Unfortunately wasn't accepted to the University of San Diego.  I was one of 50 people selected for an interview out of 200+ applicants, so I was close.  Gonna keep applying to schools.  There is a university out here called Antioch that offers an MA in Clinical Psychology.  I think I'm gonna apply there.  It's more of a professional school as opposed to an academic one, but according to my therapist friend a lot of clinical therapists come from professional schools.  Those who want to go into research tend to come from academic institutions.  

Archived