Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

When I was that age, Dad & I went to Orlando. Rental car was a sweet burgundy '76-77 Cougar. :headbang:

We were there for the 15th anniversary of the opening of his first church, I was the first baby christened there. 

I found WDIZ and it wasn't long before Highway to Hell came on. He looked over & said, "As long as you don't turn out like that. " (he was pretty lib) 

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Looks like a koa top.  Is it more than 1/4" thick, or just a veneer? I never liked maple fretboards though, tonally or feel.

1 hour ago, clietas said:

As far as guitars go I prefer a maple fretboard. Custom shop les paul with a maple fretboard is one of my favorites. One I own is freakin heavy AF tho.

It’s a Grosh 25th Anniversary with a 1/4 flame Koa top and a roasted birdseye maple neck.  1 of 25...quite rare.

A Les Paul with a maple board is rare too.

8 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

All that you state is the price YOU pay as a patron of WalMart. You exchange low prices for low quality and poor service. I don't shop there anymore for this reason. I'd rather pay a bit more at, say, Target and have a good shopping experience and (slightly) better quality than WalMart. 

Additionally, WalMart, squeezes all their suppliers to trim pennies off their products. They have consultants go in and tell you how to build your product so it can be cheaper. Yes, most likely, it's of an inferior quality even for the same brand if you buy it at WalMart. 

Since I rarely go into brick and mortar stores unless I have to—I opt for the good shopping experience. 

Bro I haven't set foot in a Walmart in 6+ years and the last time was once around midnight because I had a funeral to go to and needed new dress pants.  I actually hate shopping in general, especially in stores.  Being able to order everything I want/need online is a God Send.  

But agree, if I am going to go to brick and mortar stores, I'd pick Target over the rest of them any day of the week.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

What year is that, @clietas?  All original?!?

I’m not even a big Gibson fan but I know what I’m looking at.  Black, bound, Maple, gold hardware and the inlays?  

DAMN

2012. My brother works at the local Guitar Center. Dudes like their top sales guy in the country. Asked him if he could find me one. He dids. 😋 I've pestered him plenty to find so much choice gear. 

I honestly don't play it much. Like a lot of the guitars n gear I have it sits. Mainly cuz its so damn nice. I only really bust it out if I wanna record.

Mainly play this texas special start.

20190403_215659.jpg

Unfortunately Im not very the good tho. 😢

6 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Yeah

im burning the candle at both ends. Working full time, partying full time, working out part time. I need a vacation

Damn. That could be it. To much cardio can definitely cause insomnia. Work obviously doesn't help. 

Two years ago I was doing to much cardio. Could barely sleep for 5 hours at night. 

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Ever put a warm can of soda in the freezer, with the intention of just cooling it down quick, but not freezing it ?

What's the threshold point where it quick-cools it, but before it erupts ?

Heat transfer via air is a slow method. Since you have a freezer and I assume you have ice—put the thing in water with ice. 

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Ever put a warm can of soda in the freezer, with the intention of just cooling it down quick, but not freezing it ?

But to answer your question it could take a while. Maybe a day. Plus, coke because of sugar content and carbonation may not freeze at 32°F. It has a lower freezing point. 

4 hours ago, max21 said:

April is an awesome month. Game of thrones, 

Yeah. My daughter was born April of 2010. She was 1 year old when the series started. I remember putting her to bed on Sundays and looking forward to watching HBO. 

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

60 mins in the freezer works pretty well. 

Uh day of the dead face tattoos is one way to go through lifes I guess.

Archived