Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

im pretty disappointed at the lack of April fools day pranks on ES this year. Come on guys. Not ONE of you can think of something??  Remember the year that whenever anyone came onto ES and tried to click on anything, it took us to either the giants, eagles or cowboys websites? That **** was funny!!! 

I had my husband tearing my computer apart. :806:

34 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

im pretty disappointed at the lack of April fools day pranks on ES this year. Come on guys. Not ONE of you can think of something??  Remember the year that whenever anyone came onto ES and tried to click on anything, it took us to either the giants, eagles or cowboys websites? That **** was funny!!! 

Used to be tradition, so serious around here sometimes #AprilFoolsMatters

Anyone have any favorite April Fools pranks/jokes?

I can't really think of any great ones I've pulled off, but I always had a soft spot for the one there WhoDel got fake banned on here (I think it was a few days after the 1st, but still a April 1st prank).

1 hour ago, visionary said:

I can't really think of any great ones I've pulled off, but I always had a soft spot for the one there WhoDel got fake banned on here (I think it was a few days after the 1st, but still a April 1st prank).

i tell girls i piped i have hiv, not serious but i had a friend who had some std alert and basically they put their number and they get a message saying they should get checked cause someone they had piped got a std. 

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Ah, yes, that was back in 2006, I believe.  Geeze, has it been 13 years?  I remember after the "incident" started and WhoDel was "banned", I was sent a PM revealing the prank and brought in to continue the fight by starting a thread calling out the mods.  'Twas a fun night.

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

i tell girls i piped i have hiv, not serious but i had a friend who had some std alert and basically they put their number and they get a message saying they should get checked cause someone they had piped got a std. 

So you don't tell girls you ****ed that you have HIV as a joke?  

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

That’s her grandfather.

She is proud of her lineage

I know. Why tho? 

I mean that's all the more reason to change it. Like even if my grandfather was Jimmy Mussolini from Kansas Im still changing that ****. Just like if my name was Clietas Babydick. Not a good way to go through lifes imo.

6 hours ago, clietas said:

I know. Why tho? 

I mean that's all the more reason to change it. Like even if my grandfather was Jimmy Mussolini from Kansas Im still changing that ****. Just like if my name was Clietas Babydick. Not a good way to go through lifes imo.

She started a far right political party so put it together.

These are everywhere now. They are water bottle refill stations and they have a nifty digital counter in the top right counting how many plastics bottles you've kept out of circulation. The sad reality is that it doesn't make a dent.  The most I've seen on one of these is "you've saved" 100K plastic bottles. My company works with PET bottle manufacturers and there is one plant, for one company in Dallas (of course) that makes 4.5 Billion PET plastic bottles in a year. And this company has 40+ plants across the US alone with similar output. This company isn't Coke, Pepsi, or Nestle either who have hundreds of plants each across the globe. 

PET bottles are made using a machine called a blow molder. These machines are basically giant ovens that blow balloons, and it takes time for the ovens to warm-up and get to the right temperature to make bottles. Before it gets to the right temperature it's already making bottles—all these bottles will be unusable scrap. Approximately 40,000 bottles.  The average PET bottle is used for about 12 minutes and spends 1,000+ years in a landfill before it completely decomposes. 

Initiatives-Water-Bottled-Water.jpg

Those big continent-sized islands of floating plastic in the Pacific? As far as Americans are concerned—not directly our fault. Those are mostly coming from south and southeast Asian countries who don't have modern ways of disposing of PET and other waste materials. They intentionally leave bottles and other waste near tidal plains and when the high tide/low tide cycle happens—garbage disappears! 

Archived