Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

coffee

Just learned yesterday that a well made batch of coffee is just as good (can even be better) as a single cup pour over. I've been on an admittedly snobby kick of ordering pour overs from indie coffee shops.

14 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Just learned yesterday that a well made batch of coffee is just as good (can even be better) as a single cup pour over. I've been on an admittedly snobby kick of ordering pour overs from indie coffee shops.

I've been making single cup pourover (I actually fill a 20oz contigo thermos) at home for 5+ years now. Very cheap alternative and easier cleanup. Even have the burr grinder. 😁

Yes, I'm every 80's movie villain..

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

I've been making single cup pourover (I actually fill a 20oz contigo thermos) at home for 5+ years now. Very cheap alternative and easier cleanup. Even have the burr grinder. 😁

what kind of beans do you use? 

I make it at work using an Aeropress in the office kitchen while people drink that swill from the offbrand Keurig we have. 

There is a local chain (Philz) that has a lot of interesting flavors of beans. I usually get them or something from Costco (Peet's, Seattle's Best, etc). 

We had a Keurig back in the day (it was free) but our model always made weak ass coffee and not a large enough amount. Plus felt like I was wasting a lot of plastic.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

There is a local chain (Philz) that has a lot of interesting flavors of beans. I usually get them or something from Costco (Peet's, Seattle's Best, etc). 

We had a Keurig back in the day (it was free) but our model always made weak ass coffee and not a large enough amount. Plus felt like I was wasting a lot of plastic.

I felt like I could taste the chemicals/plastic in the brew.

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Tbf I'm also a sugar and creamer in my coffee person so I'm not that big of a snob. 😂

Depends on my mood. Today, I'm drinking it black. But I indulge from time to time—gotta watch the sugar intake. 

Archived