Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Does anyone actually watch the Oscars? Nobody I know watches it.

I do.  Not that I have any movies/actors that I want to win awards, just curious to see what wins.  

This year without a host has been awesome, it's moving right along.  And they're not getting all anti-Trump preachy, it's a nice break.

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Every year for me.

Green Book is a huge upset and I suspect time won't treat it well.

Olivia Colman won best speech of the night and Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper have to be real life soulmates, right?

Haven't seen Green Book, so no spoilers but why do you think time won't treat it well?

13 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Haven't seen Green Book, so no spoilers but why do you think time won't treat it well?

I suspect people will remember better films that didn't win. I also wonder if this will be like Driving Ms Daisy where we look back and see that the comedy feel good part of it overwhelmed how silly & stereotypical the main character (Viggo, not Ali) actually was. At least that's been the knock on it from a lot of reviewers. 

Edit...I do wonder if the animated Spiderman movie should have been nominated for best picture. A lot of reviewers are listing it very high this year. Also shouldn't best director and best film be for the same movie?

Archived