Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Part of respect involves listening, and you aren't listening. You should be in stadium or classifieds right now, not here.  I do cybersecurity for a living, what you're doing comes across as trying to get directly in contact with someone in this thread more then getting this jersey you talking about.  You've gone from asking for a specific jersey style to wanting to know everything about my Sean Taylor, even offering to buy it? I may be wrong, but you aren't going about this the right way anyway.

So I shouldn’t have emailed him my CC# and mother’s maiden name?

9 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

So I shouldn’t have emailed him my CC# and mother’s maiden name?

According to my Nigerian friend, the only way they can secure your CC# and mother's maiden name is if you send them your date and place of birth, SSN, blood type, and nude pictures of your spouse.

26 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Anyone know why people have started to spell talk “talm” these days? Do people really not know how to spell? Or just want to act stupid? 

M is right next to K on cell phone keyboards, jus typos auto correct isnt catching.  Android autocorrect I'm tempted to turn off.  I get through a post and realize its changing words I know I spelled right (I wonder if grammerly is on android)

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

M is right next to K on cell phone keyboards, jus typos auto correct isnt catching.  Android autocorrect I'm tempted to turn off.  I get through a post and realize its changing words I know I spelled right (I wonder if grammerly is on android)

Yeah, but i see this on a daily basis from the same people on twitter and FB, people that type in slang. It’s really silly. Is it that hard to spell it correctly? ? 

edit: apparently it’s slang for “talking about”. No idea why 

25 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, but i see this on a daily basis from the same people on twitter and FB, people that type in slang. It’s really silly. Is it that hard to spell it correctly? ? 

edit: apparently it’s slang for “talking about”. No idea why 

Stop it, seriously?  I have no words, probably for people talking about people, but I've never seen it, that's certainly not ghetto as far as I know (what urban dictionary saying).

Btw, Grammarly is in Android and its awesome, works across apps.

@Spaceman Spiff helluva steal, but have to pass : )

i actually have two ST's, one is white non-stiched that I got year he switched to 21, its worn to the bone to point family got me a burgundy stitched one. 

Went to fan appreciation day a couple years ago and met his dad, he autographed my hat, took a picture with him then showed him the 21 patched I have tattooed on my chest (which he took a picture of).  He said he hadn't seen one of those yet, and even though it was too busy to really have a full convo with him, I left it knowing that he felt our fan base was memorializing him as more then just a player but person as well.  Up to that point, I always hoped he didn't look at us as losing someone that jus hit really hard.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

@Spaceman Spiff helluva steal, but have to pass : )

i actually have two ST's, one is white non-stiched that I got year he switched to 21, its worn to the bone to point family got me a burgundy stitched one. 

Went to fan appreciation day a couple years ago and met his dad, he autographed my hat, took a picture with him then showed him the 21 patched I have tattooed on my chest (which he took a picture of).  He said he hadn't seen one of those yet, and even though it was too busy to really have a full convo with him, I left it knowing that he felt our fan base was memorializing him as more then just a player but person as well.  Up to that point, I always hoped he didn't look at us as losing someone that jus hit really hard.

I met his dad at training camp a few years ago, he was selling his book and I bought two copies.  Seemed like a good guy.  His eyes have that piercing look that ST's did.  

17 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Or more like this.

Dadddario is haunts my dreams.

15 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I do cybersecurity for a living...

related question.

Past two days I've been getting texts from an unknown number, says it's Uber with a 6-digit code. Like a third party verification code. Is someone trying to hack my account? I haven't responded or anything.

9 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Past two days I've been getting texts from an unknown number, says it's Uber with a 6-digit code. Like a third party verification code. Is someone trying to hack my account? I haven't responded or anything.

Start with changing your password, someone may be trying to reset it.  Is it jus giving you a code and saying from uber or is uber saying why its sending you the code?  If someone is trying to break in, the verification code is being sent to the backup, which is your phone number.  I'm not a fan of assumptions, you should be able to reach out to uber to confirm someone didn't accidental put a wrong number in their account, forget their password and trying to reset it (why you are getting the code instead).  Could be phishing, but not enough info. 

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Start with changing your password, someone may be trying to reset it.  Is it jus giving you a code and saying from uber or is uber saying why its sending you the code?  If someone is trying to break in, the verification code is being sent to the backup, which is your phone number.  I'm not a fan of assumptions, you should be able to reach out to uber to confirm someone didn't accidental put a wrong number in their account, forget their password and trying to reset it (why you are getting the code instead).  Could be phishing, but not enough info. 

yeah it came in on 2 consecutive day. 1 per day, so far. So I think they're trying to be careful not to trip the password lock feature? The last time I used it was on a business trip and stayed at an AirBnB. Wonder if another renter came in and hacked their WiFi.

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

related question.

I’ve gotten the same thing happen to me many times. Then just the other day i got an email from uber saying my info had been changed (a couple random letters got added to my first and last name, and phone number changed to a whole different number). I changed my password immediately and changed everything back to the correct info. 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I didn’t get the job. Insert inspirational quote that doesn’t make me feel better. 

At least my lifts are coming along nicely. 

Sometimes bad things happen to prevent worse things from happening in the future.  That cost of living woulda been brutal for an entry-level position anyway. Did they say why?  You're allowed to ask so you can learn from it.

Edit: applying for jobs is a job, so keep at it.

Archived