Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

12 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

http://abc7.com/business/best-buy-to-abandon-cds-entirely-by-summer/3689242/

RIP CDs.  

Interestingly, vinyl gets two more years.

Man, I loved going to buy a cd.  I love having the convenience of my entire music collection on my phone and laptop but there was something great about being able to read liner notes and seeing your collection grow.  

thank god, maybe that will help concince Tool to let me buy their albums on itunes!

29 minutes ago, Chew said:

Saw Janelle Monae on Sunday night @ The Paramount, wife wasn't feeling all that great so my dad came with.  He's been neo-souled the **** out and since downloaded all her albums.  :headbang::D

Saw her on letterman a few years back.  I had never heard of her and never heard her music and I was blown away! 

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Bro, I can barely handle what I’m bringing with me.  Those Viking girls are gonna have to keep on.

Opportunities sometimes disguise themselves as problems. 

Those viking men are also looking for something outside their gene pool. 

Learn some icelandic words: þríhyrningur and skipti

56 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Saw her on letterman a few years back.  I had never heard of her and never heard her music and I was blown away! 

Yep, she's great.  Production, her voice, her dancing, her message/vibe.  Top to bottom, she's the real deal.  My dad is a 69 y/o classic rock guy, but damn if he wasn't having a good time with Janelle LOL. 

Okay boys and girls! I have an apartment and internet! Yay! Now to sign up for Hulu. Already have Prime. 

My POD comes next Monday, then the real unpacking begins. The Tahoe is unpacked and 1/3 of the camper. Have spent the last two nights in the apartment. 

My town is Cedar Park, TX. I think I'll like it here, 15 minutes from daughter and granddaughter. 

21 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

@LadySkinsFan did you move or something? 

Yes, from Alexandria VA to Cedar Park TX. I moved two years to the day when I had my stroke. I wanted to be closer to my daughter and granddaughter. 

It sure was a trial going through stuff, getting rid of stuff, packing stuff, and selling the house. Now I get to unpack! 

I have a new one bedroom apartment, much more manageable than a three bedroom house. It's hot here!

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Yes, from Alexandria VA to Cedar Park TX. I moved two years to the day when I had my stroke. I wanted to be closer to my daughter and granddaughter. 

It sure was a trial going through stuff, getting rid of stuff, packing stuff, and selling the house. Now I get to unpack! 

I have a new one bedroom apartment, much more manageable than a three bedroom house. It's hot here!

I was kidding ;) been reading your progress reports.  Glad you made it safe! 

Watch out, you're in Cowboys territory.

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I was kidding ;) been reading your progress reports.  Glad you made it safe! 

Watch out, you're in Cowboys territory.

It was quite a slog, wasn't it? Seems like forever. Yes, Dancer and I made it safely through the South. We even met up with Ms. Mary in Hotlanta!

One more Blue Dot in Texas. Getting my license this week registering to vote!

Finally got a new gas grill yesterday, just need to put it together.  I prefer cooking on my charcoal Weber, which I have been doing the last couple of years after my other gas grill died.  But dang, it's a lot more work and when it's hot out like it has been, a lot easier setting up and cooking on a gas grill.

Got a five day weekend coming up.  This 2 day work week after being off all last week was hell.  Time to grill, drink, chill and drink.

Archived