Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

@Spaceman Spiff - I also hate veggies but I have been snacking on raw broccoli and I'm gonna be baking chicken with olive oil instead of slow cooking them with salty marinades (like I have been doing). I'll still have my cheat days but I do need to cut back.

Diabetes, HBP, and obesity run in the family - along with divorce. Gonna see if I can break the cycle for all four. :) 

Just now, thebluefood said:

@Spaceman Spiff - I also hate veggies but I have been snacking on raw broccoli and I'm gonna be baking chicken with olive oil instead of slow cooking them with salty marinades (like I have been doing). I'll still have my cheat days but I do need to cut back.

Diabetes, HBP, and obesity run in the family - along with divorce. Gonna see if I can break the cycle for all four. :) 

Best of luck to you man.  I have been slow cooking chicken like a champ in the crock pot, but tossing in some BBQ sauces.  your way sounds a lot better, I should probably try that.

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Best of luck to you man.  I have been slow cooking chicken like a champ in the crock pot, but tossing in some BBQ sauces.  your way sounds a lot better, I should probably try that.

It's another one of those habits I dropped - maybe I just got busy or I just forgot about it but it worked in the past. Gonna give it another go now. I got a lot to live for and I know my loved ones want me to be healthy and happy so it's the least I can do.

1 minute ago, Chew said:

Small changes, BlueFood.  Drink more water, start eating one healthy meal a day, maybe invest in a treadmill and walk or run for 20/30 mins a day. 

My girlfriend gets on me all the time for not drinking enough water and she's absolutely right. I don't drink a lot of soda or beer but I also don't drink enough water. I don't eat or drink nearly enough and that's probably contributing to the weight gain. I've gone for weeks without eating lunch and that's gotta stop. 

Now I do walk to work and I almost always walk to places that don't require my car. Truth be told, my calves are like steel right now (at least compared to my torso) because I do walk to work every day and I bowl twice a week. Treadmill won't fit in my apartment (and honestly, I don't think I'd use it) but I do walk almost everywhere and I hit those lanes as often as I can.

Your girlfriend is a good woman for giving you a hard time.  :)   And you've gotta eat lunch, man!  Even if it's just fruit or a small salad or something. 

I was 47 lbs overweight, hypertension that needed blood pressure meds, high cholesterol.  All that bull****.  I'm 6'2 with broad shoulders so I could hide 265 pretty well, but I was really unhealthy.  I lost 50 lbs fro doing the vegan thing and exercising, and now I just eat well and exercise daily to maintain. 

If you were to decide to make small changes, they'll become habit eventually.  And once you start to actually SEE your progress, it gets even easier.  Slowly watching yourself turn into a sex machine is a quite satisfying.  

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Those guys are still around?  They were great back in the day.

I've been listening to Only Built 4 Cuban Linx the past couple mornings while working out.

I still have plenty of their music to get through, but looks like they are still putting in work, just reaching overseas more.  "Piece of Strange" is my 2nd favorite album after "Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" 

28 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I still have plenty of their music to get through, but looks like they are still putting in work, just reaching overseas more.  "Piece of Strange" is my 2nd favorite album after "Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" 

Some friends and I were talking the other day, that's a top 10 album of the 90s.  Across all genres. 

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Your girlfriend is a good woman for giving you a hard time.  :)   And you've gotta eat lunch, man!  Even if it's just fruit or a small salad or something. 

I was 47 lbs overweight, hypertension that needed blood pressure meds, high cholesterol.  All that bull****.  I'm 6'2 with broad shoulders so I could hide 265 pretty well, but I was really unhealthy.  I lost 50 lbs fro doing the vegan thing and exercising, and now I just eat well and exercise daily to maintain. 

If you were to decide to make small changes, they'll become habit eventually.  And once you start to actually SEE your progress, it gets even easier.  Slowly watching yourself turn into a sex machine is a quite satisfying.  

Fat ass

Piece of strange is great. 

6 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Man, I been on my diet so long these Applebee's 2 for $20 commercials are starting to make a lot of sense.  

Legit hadn't been to Applebees like like 5-6 years.  Their smoked wings were sooooo good.  Like, holy **** good. 

14 minutes ago, Chew said:

Some friends and I were talking the other day, that's a top 10 album of the 90s.  Across all genres. 

Ya, man, I'll sign off to that.  I bought that album not once but twice

I'm going to come back to that music thread I started (I was only one who voted "no" so not rushing), but I would have more favorite albums in general if I was more into music before I started downloading. I wanted to buy more albums, but life kept getting in the way and just did what I felt I had to do at that point. 

My top 5 artists is not going to make sense to people, not sure how even talking about it will go (it's one thing to have a couple genres you like, I feel like I have less genres I don't like then genres I do).

Edit:  I have taken songs from my library if I have all the songs and burned the album, did that with O.N.I.F.C.

2 hours ago, Chew said:

I like how you low key called yourself a sex machine.

3 hours ago, Chew said:

Yes, she's a winner for sure! I went back to snacking on peanuts today during work and it made a world of difference. I was doing that months ago when my weight and blood pressure were at a healthier level. I'm also over 6 feet with broad shoulders so I could hide it well, too but yeah - can't be doing this anymore. 

Thankfully, I've already been heading in that direction so it's time to kick it into overdrive.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

In my never ending quest to find blues music that isn't too over produced

Pretty much have to skip over anything made after the mid 70s then.. Even the great SRV was way too overproduced, well his rhythm section anyway. But his playing was good enough to ignore it.

Its gotta be RAW, recorded with damaged equipment from years of everyone in the studio chain smoking..

35 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Pretty much have to skip over anything made after the mid 70s then.. Even the great SRV was way too overproduced, well his rhythm section anyway. But his playing was good enough to ignore it.

Its gotta be RAW, recorded with damaged equipment from years of everyone in the studio chain smoking..

Yeah, that's the reason I don't like SRV.  Great talent, love how he plays.  Just too overproduced, everything is crystal clear and sounds too clean. 

This Otis Rush song is the **** right here.

Archived