Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That's your perogative. Thats a difficult topic since it touches so many families nowadays.

You're certainly not wrong to be disgusted in his choice to start it. You have a responsibility to your family to not **** around, and put your best foot forward. You can't do that getting high or drinking yourself into oblivion. I can't say too much because I dabbled in coke and x and drank heavy stuff for awhile and did some crazy ****, but it never reached the point where it dabbled in me, know what I mean?

That's why I always try to tell my younger cousins the best thing is to not start. Weed, coke, cigs, whater else it is kids these days do, everything. For some people, they'll be fine. For others, it's just a key to door number 2,3,4,5.....

That's why as much as I've thought about it, I've never decided to gamble. I am the type to never give up easily, and people like that are the most susceptible. That, and I am good with numbers and predicting trends. All the more reason why I need to stay away.

Me correctly guessing almost every smart money  NFL playoff game outcome this past winter (and not acting  on it beforehand) sealed that realization for me. That, and my stepfather gambled, and that alone right there is enough for me to never want to see a blackjack table.

Once the hooks are in, it's out of their control, and at that point, the choice is everyone else's, unfairly as it may seem. Sometimes it's hard to say no, and figuratuvely (sometimes literally) drag someone to get help.

SOmetimes its best and wisest to build that fence before temptation comes knocking.

So across the street from my new apartment is a gas station and I went in there the other day to get a Gatorade after my run.  Nicest guy ever behind the counter, the previous owners of the gas station had let the lease expire and moved out.  This guy came along, sunk his savings into it and is running a good shop.  The gas prices are right, the store inside is better than a 7-11.  Great beer selection and if he doesn't have something that you want, he'll order it for you.  Solid selection of household items and stuff you might need.  For the weed smokers out there, there's a nice selection of bongs there that are for tobacco use only, apparently.   He sells fried chicken out of there, sandwiches, and pizza.  He delivers anything out of the shop, too.  Business is going well for him, he excitedly gave me a menu for his food items and showed me a writeup in a local magazine that mentioned his fried chicken.  I told him I'd try it sometime.  I'll eat anything but I'm a bit wary of gas station fried chicken and pizza.

I went back a few days later to cause I wanted to take a quick walk and get something to drink and right away he remembered me, called me by name and goes "YOU HAVE COME FOR MY FRIED CHICKEN MY FRIEND!"  (Yes, he's Indian).  

I said, "Hey man, I'm really trying to keep a good diet these days, fried chicken isn't..." 

"I HAVE THE BEST FRIED CHICKEN, YOU MUST TRY IT!"

I dropped my defense like a toilet seat and gave in, I can't say no to that.  That's a hell of a claim, one worth following up on.  I looked behind the glass where he keeps the fried chicken.   "Alright, gimme a leg."

"TAKE A LEG AND A WING, IT'LL BE CHEAPER" 

"No, really, just a leg, I don't want to eat too much."

"OKAY, OKAY, JUST A LEG."

He wrapped it up in a little paper bag, I paid for my drink and the fried chicken leg and left.  Opened the bag on my walk back to further inspect what I had just purchased and it didn't look half bad.  No shame to my game, I took a bite right then and there. 

He wasn't lying.  He does have the best fried chicken.  I am not sure how it's possible but holy **** is it good.  I tore that leg up.  The breading is awesome and thick, but not too thick.  It's got that clean, clear cajun spice to it that is...dare I say it....better than Popeyes.  It's super juicy, the meat practically falls off the bone.  The spice lingered in my mouth for the rest of my walk back home.  It is the best fried chicken I have ever had.  

If you ever see this stuff out and about in your travels, indulge.  https://www.krispykrunchy.com/

Love it when any place gets a great nod, it means you'll be more likely to spend there and recommend it, keeping said small business in business. 

Keep it going, people. The folks who remember you and truly care to keep earning your trust deserve it. 

Feels.?

Haven't, but it is annoying and can be distracting? 

I drive a '99 car, have no idea how to navigate a literal ton of stuff while watching a screen...which maybe didn't tell you what you needed to know?

But a big blue light next to the speedometer? Yeah, ?...I see that. 

Basically it was just a true random thought. 

It seems like there's certain things you can do as freely as you wish on the road with zero consequences. 

One Is driving with your high beams on. 

Another one that annoys the hell out of me is weaving in and out of heavy traffic trying to jockey for position. 

Despite the fact that your speed is not outrageous its still pretty dangerous the way some people do it. 

And also tailgating, has anybody ever been given a ticket for that? 

There are so many things that are technically illegal on the road that there are no consequences for. 

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Has there been any discussion about Chick being out at NBCSports?  I just saw the news this morning...

Yeah he announced his contract wasn't renewed last week. Redskisn 100 was his last broadcast.  I think one of the major networks would be foolish not to pick him up

Currently reading Coundown to Zero Day which gives background on Stuxnet and the whole zero day exploit business. I didn't realize quite what a business it is with extensive black, white and gray markets. Some firms offer an annual subscription service for several million dollars that includes a certain number of zero day exploits as part of the service.

here's one broker https://www.zerodium.com/program.html

2 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Currently reading Coundown to Zero Day which gives background on Stuxnet and the whole zero day exploit business. I didn't realize quite what a business it is with extensive black, white and gray markets. Some firms offer an annual subscription service for several million dollars that includes a certain number of zero day exploits as part of the service.

here's one broker https://www.zerodium.com/program.html

That sounds awesome, and remember being in college and the word on Flame came out as well.  Then reality sank in, these are the new nukes. And they don't need enriched Uranium.

Archived