Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.  Even H2, man, wtf?  : (

The hell? H2's been gone playa  ?. Been over the 5 stages of grief for like 2 years. Usually It's Science channel or bust, but I tolerate Travel, Military, NatGeo, etc

8 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Every History channel show now falls into one of 3 categories:

People driving on bad roads.

People too stupid to use eBay.

Inbreds.

I just now refer to all of them as the "Billy Dun" channels: :ols:

On 3/3/2018 at 3:31 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

NatGeo - "Billy dun built em a fallout shelter!"

Travel  Channel (One of my favorite channels, but still...) - "Billy dun communed  with a spirit!"

Destination America - "Billy dun seen Bigfoot!"

History Channel (by FAR the biggest offender) - "Billy dun pawned em a goodun!"/"Billy dun got bit by a gator!"/Billy dun got abducted by  aliens!"

aHc - "Billy dun found Hitler!"

Even the Science channel now (which had become my last stand channel, after H2 got axed and became yet another mindless drone channel) - "Billy dun used a satellite and seen a dinosaur hidin' out yonder in them trees!"

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The hell? H2's been gone playa  ?. Been over the 5 stages of grief for like 2 years. Usually It's Science channel or bust, but I tolerate Travel, Military, NatGeo, etc

I've been so used to Youtube, Kodi, and ya, Science Channel (my boo) and Nat Geo, that I haven't looked for that station anymore, expecting the worst.  But I mean, ****, @Riggo-toni is right, why even both calling it History Channel anymore?  It's like when I witnessed TLC go from showing Docs on all kinds of natural disaster stuff in mid-90s to basically a Reality TV station.  Remember "Wild Discovery"?  Me neither.

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

has anyone ever done a deployment as a civilian?  my friend is returning this weekend from a war zone, but she asked me to stay with her for the entire weekend because of doctors orders?  Is this fairly normal?  She is single and has no family in the area.  

I'm not a civilian but have worked with and deployed with many.  Short version:  It's like the majority of the military.  The majority see nothing and just had to deal with the heat.  Others have seen/experienced things that effect them in a negative way.  It isn't uncommon though for people returning from deployment to be advised to not be alone upon return.  No matter what they saw, it is still a huge, sudden culture shift that can be hard to deal with.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

@LadySkinsFanjust saw new episodes of Shooter on Netflix are now up.  Certainly not as good as the movie but if you're interested (and I am) in the continuing saga of Bob Lee Swagger without having to read the books, it's available.

Thanks! I am going back and forth whether to get Netflix or Hulu. I am leaning towards Hulu because they have cloud services so I can record the soaps and skip the commercials. Also, they have channels I like. 

My daughter has Netflix, so, ya know....

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm not a civilian but have worked with and deployed with many.  Short version:  It's like the majority of the military.  The majority see nothing and just had to deal with the heat.  Others have seen/experienced things that effect them in a negative way.  It isn't uncommon though for people returning from deployment to be advised to not be alone upon return.  No matter what they saw, it is still a huge, sudden culture shift that can be hard to deal with.

My cousin told me some places he was a civilian they were throwing explosives over the wall, never saw that when in air force.  I don't believe everyone is wired to not let that get to them, reaching out is wise.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I've been so used to Youtube, Kodi, and ya, Science Channel (my boo) and Nat Geo, that I haven't looked for that station anymore, expecting the worst.  But I mean, ****, @Riggo-toni is right, why even both calling it History Channel anymore?  It's like when I witnessed TLC go from showing Docs on all kinds of natural disaster stuff in mid-90s to basically a Reality TV station.  Remember "Wild Discovery"?  Me neither.

They still bother because despite basically all of their daily stuff being cheap  (but wildly popular, hence the change) programming that they sold out for, on certain days of the year,  they all go for broke with special, big gun actor narrated shows, so they can still claim that it's their hallmark... Even though it's nonsense. Just wish they'd  (the ones more academic/institution based) stick to what they were meant to be.

At the end of the day though, like everyone else, you can be/preach what you want, but if you wanna stay afloat, you go where the money is.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

At the end of the day though, like everyone else, you can be/preach what you want, but if you wanna stay afloat, you go where the money is.

Maybe, though I do believe a lot of the channels are going to end up like borders because they can't keep up with the times and specificly make their content easily accessible to the cordless folks. 

I had to add an entire cable package jus to get one channel (science channel), everything they have should be on Netflix right now.  Syfy comes to mind, look at what happened with "the expanse", how do you lose a 100% rated show on rotten tomatoes?  Because your "blockbusters", that's why.

Grasping for cable rating is a losing strategy and shortsighted at best, cable as we know will be gone in our lifetime. Adapt or die.

2 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Two or three times a year I get this intense back pain. Feels like a gigantic knot that radiates all over. Sucks so bad, this is the worst I've ever had it. Gonna get a massage today hopefully that helps.

You gonna dish out some extra dough for the happy ending?  :ph34r:

Back pain is thee worst.  I used to always think people who complained about back pain were soft....until my back went out.  I haven't shrieked like that since I snapped my ankle in half on the football field in 10th grade.  Excruciating, unimaginable pain.  I went to the ground and could not get up.  Took me 20 minutes to get from the floor to the couch, and then I ended up sleeping in the basement because I couldn't get up the stairs. 

3 hours ago, Chew said:

You gonna dish out some extra dough for the happy ending?  :ph34r:

Back pain is thee worst.  I used to always think people who complained about back pain were soft....until my back went out.  I haven't shrieked like that since I snapped my ankle in half on the football field in 10th grade.  Excruciating, unimaginable pain.  I went to the ground and could not get up.  Took me 20 minutes to get from the floor to the couch, and then I ended up sleeping in the basement because I couldn't get up the stairs. 

Agreed. It makes moving so difficult and painful. 

Good to have you back man. Congrats on the child. He or she is a blessing.

Went to lunch twice this week for work (on the company dime) and both meals were awful. First one was to panera—that place just straight up sucks. Second place was a decent restaurant asked for a burger (medium well) and it came out burnt. I'm not going to send food back on a free meal but just ****ing. 

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

As if Kilaeua's lava destroying dozens of homes wasn't bad enough..now it's completely evaporated Hawaii's largest freshwater lake. A lake that once reached 200 feet deep.

Unreal.

It also filled in one of the bays, Kapoho Bay. Added to coastline.  Pele is changing things up!?

Obamacare is amazing.  I lost my health insurance when I quit my job in January.  It was a really good Blue Shield PPO plan.  They wanted to charge me $900 a month to keep it and I was like hell no.  So I got subsidized health insurance through Covered California for like $140 a month.  It's an HMO plan but whatever.  I just got this really expensive ointment for $15 that would've cost $800 out of pocket.

Just now, abdcskins said:

Obamacare is amazing.  I lost my health insurance when I quit my job in January.  It was a really good Blue Shield PPO plan.  They wanted to charge me $900 a month to keep it and I was like hell no.  So I got subsidized health insurance through Covered California for like $140 a month.  It's an HMO plan but whatever.  I just got this really expensive ointment for $15 that would've cost $800 out of pocket.

Obamacare covers herpes medication?  

J/K broski, glad you got coverage that works.

30 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Obamacare covers herpes medication?  

J/K broski, glad you got coverage that works.

Haha thanks man. It is for psoriasis. I have these gigantic Scandanavian eyebrows and they have worse dandruff than my actual scalp. Walking around all day with snow flurries on my face looking like a fool.

On another note, I think it's ridiculous how much pharmaceutical companies charge for their products. No way that ointment is worth $800. All about supply and demand I guess.

Tbf, the drug companies have to pay the young coeds to flirt with the doctors somehow. Otherwise, who will overprescribe their medications?

Also..my boss is a feckless Ivanka. Going on 15 months of it. Not sure how much longer I'll survive her.

Also also..think my FF team this year is going to be the Feckless Counts. Only I'll get that joke in my league. Like usual.

Archived