Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Does anybody else love yard work?  All I hear is people complain about it.  Mowing the grass, edging, spraying weeds, using the hose attachment stuff to spry Revive and grass food, adjusting my sprinkler heads.  I love doing that stuff, it's therapeutic.

Then fire up the grill and chase the dogs around the backyard.  It's awesome.    

39 minutes ago, Chew said:

Does anybody else love yard work?  All I hear is people complain about it.  Mowing the grass, edging, spraying weeds, using the hose attachment stuff to spry Revive and grass food, adjusting my sprinkler heads.  I love doing that stuff, it's therapeutic.

**** yard work 

45 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

How many smilies do you need to put after your post, to convey to the other person that you're only light-heartedly joking, and have no intentions of a personal attack, or snide or derogatory attitude. Apparently I have not been using enough of them, to convey the former.

Downside of electronic communications since the beginning and why I prefer face to face over any other means of communication.  

Some people are just too damn sensitive to start with, there's a point with anyone where I realize my point has been made whether anyone likes it or not, and they just need to deal with their interpretation on their own time.  If 17 people agree with me and one doesn't like the way I said it, I'm doing the math and moving on, life is too short.

57 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

How many smilies do you need to put after your post, to convey to the other person that you're only light-heartedly joking, and have no intentions of a personal attack, or snide or derogatory attitude. Apparently I have not been using enough of them, to convey the former.

I usually put none, unless it's something totally hilarious...

I figure either you know I'm joking or you think I'm insane. Either or is fine with me.

You can always just say "It was a joke after the fact"

1 hour ago, Chew said:

??

3 hours ago, Chew said:

Yup.  Great exercise too.

3 hours ago, Chew said:

Yards are the worst thing ever. They are actually a holdover from English landed gentry: "look at how rich i am, I can just leave land un-planted because I make so much money from my other land"

In the modern world, they put such a strain on resources: drinking water, fossil fuels, chemicals seeping into watersheds. 

I'm probably in the minority (again) but I think wildflowers are beautiful.

We are trying to landscape as much of our yard as possible to reduce the amount we have to mow and maintain. You could also try to plant more native plants to reduce their impact and maintenance needs.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It's like some people respond to posts without looking at the screenname first, I see it all the time.

Yeah, it's also highly likely that after being here so long that most people assume I am full of **** anyway?

57 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Should we start a thread on what is going on in Hawaii?  That **** is crazy and only looks to be getting worse.

I think there is a natural disaster thread somewhere. Pretty crazy ****.

I've always thought of places like Hawaii, The West coast, etc as beautiful places, but I can never imagine living there. Even the Southeast/Panhandle is getting more and more unpredictable with climate change and more absurd storms and hurricanes 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I've always thought of places like Hawaii, The West coast, etc as beautiful places, but I can never imagine living there. Even the Southeast/Panhandle is getting more and more unpredictable with climate change and more absurd storms and hurricanes 

I own a house in the panhandle.  My wife lives there.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, it's also highly likely that after being here so long that most people assume I am full of **** anyway?

When I saw your response to someone like "I'm sorry, I can't see what you posted" towards someone that you blocked, I was no more good.  Not everybody saw that post, though : )

I love going into the stadium again because there isn't this emphatic resistance to outside the box thinking anymore.  I expected to be put in a straight jacket again for making my thread to get Le'Veon Bell like I did for moving Reed to WR.

There are so many in there that don't come into the tailgate, some of them forget I was crazy before they even showed up.  Acting like I'm brand new and I have 96 hundred posts.  I mean, don't talk to me about "potential", I was up to watch Osaka live. I was already posting before Gibbs came back.  

The one thing that I realize is exactly what's in my sig:  you're making first impressions whether you realize it or not.  

I hate that so many of us talk to each other like they aren't sitting right in front of each other, but this is a message board, I need to stop being idealist in that regard.  Blahda, blahada, blah, heart, heart, heart, F the Cowboys, not going anywhere, get used to it.

31 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

But there's something everywhere one lives.

True story, some of the safest places from natural disasters are also the most inhospitable anyway.

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I've visited Maui three, love it there, it's my spiritual home. 

Moving to Austin, I have to be mindful of flash flooding, and hope like heck that tornado alley doesn't move there.

But there's something everywhere one lives.

I suppose you could always get disemboweled by a country mountain lion.

At any given time of the day there are anywhere from 10-30 deer in the general vicinity of the house here. I could always hit one coming down the driveway, lose control, flip over and die spectacularly.

Or get killed by the Headless Horseman from this nasty looking dead tree on the far side of the property just across the line.

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Mr. Sinistersoccer on ice : )

Sounds about as appetizing as lamb and tuna fish....

Whole clip fits my feelings for hockey. Lol

In all seriousness, the gracious optimist in me as glad to see a DC sports team finally making a deep run in the postseason. The selfish pessimist says OF-****ING-COURSE it's happening with the one sport/team I don't give a **** about.

Maybe I'm more bitter overall because of that.

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

Maybe I'm more bitter overall because of that.

I wouldn't be forcing myself to give hockey a chance if DC didn't have a team.  I can't watch it consistently during the regular season, its different in postseason though. I want them to do well, winning teams are good for any metropolitan area.  Don't even look at it that way (being bitter its a sport you don't even like to watch), either join the party or just be happy we can close the DC Curse thread if they win.

Archived