• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      The home team fans are at home, these games no longer matter, and it’s probably better for the team to lose than it is to win.  It must be December in Washington.  Welcome to week 15!

Redskins Inactive: 
      Colt McCoy  
      Trey Quinn 
      Quinton Dunbar  
      Josh Harvey-Clemons  
      Ross Pierschbacher  
      Brandon Scherff  
      Caleb Wilson  

Eagles Inactive: 
      Nate Sudfeld  
      Nelson Agholor 
      Jordan Howard  
      Shareef Miller 
      Lane Johnson  
      Sua Opeta  
      Derek Barnet

There are two camps for Redskins fans at this time of year.  Those that want to tank and those that want to win.  If this describes you, I want you to know something important. You’re wrong.  You should probably feel bad about it too, but that’s your business.  The right way to go about this, is simply to embrace the double think.  

Before and after the game it’s perfectly reasonable to acknowledge that losing has its advantages.  It does and it is undeniable.  Afterall we could be talking about the difference between Chase Young being in a Redskins uniform, or not.  What we need for that to happen is simple.  Redskins lose out.  Giants beat the Dolphins and Redskins.  Dolphins beat the Bengals.  All of these things are perfectly reasonable outcomes.  We’re that close to having an elite pass rusher.   

Before that happens, we have a game to play.  It is in this moment that we should embrace the other side of our demented double think.  While the game is being played, especially against a division opponent, fans should want their team to do well.  Assuming they have a soul and any decency.  There is just no way that I can root for the Eagles to beat the Redskins during a game.  If you are the type of fan that does this, I hope you find someone that can fix what has broken inside of you.   

Pregame Prediction:  Redskins 23 – Eagles 30  
      More interesting game we are missing because we are still watching the Redskins:  Packers – Bears  
      Things I am snacking on:  Brownie.   
      Number of colons used:  Six.  (so far)  

Check back for updates.  I’m going to wander around the room for a while and stretch my legs to get away from a certain well-known ESPN Eagle fan’s boring conversations that my ear phones aren’t blocking out entirely.
stevenaa

Random Thought Thread

This is getting out of hand. lol.

What does Betts get?

Hey if Colt and Chase can have their own groups, why can't CP?

This is getting completely and utterly ridiculous. It was pretty cute with the Cult of Colt, but come on guys, please get your own material!

Ok, I got this thing started earlier today with the House Of Haynesworth. Had no idea that it would explode to what we see now. But it sure is fun. :D

And - The Crib of Clinton sounds good to me. Hope he has another record breaking season.

Ok, I got this thing started earlier today with the House Of Haynesworth. Had no idea that it would explode to what we see now. But it sure is fun. :D

And - The Crib of Clinton sounds good to me. Hope he has another record breaking season.

I think its cool for each player to have their own thread. Makes it easier to find info and stuff about them.

Portis is gonna have a huge year! I can feel it!!!

Ya know, even if he can't take us to the promised land after two seasons, I'm damn proud to have this guy as our HC. I watch and listen to other coaches around the league and they seem to have no passion for what they do. With much love and respect for Gibbs, even his second go around didn't have any fire. I never thought he was hungry.

Zorn is a man who genuinely seems to love what he does and the people he does it with. His enthusiasm is infectious. That goes a long was in my book. A leader needs to be able to infuse his team with that same passion and I think Zorn does exactly that.

Here's to keeping Zorn around for many years to come. HTTR

Are they laughing with you, not sure, well......

But hey I love me some Portis as much as the next guy, top five Doc, top five. :D:logo::D

Hey if Colt and Chase can have their own groups, why can't CP?

didn't say you couldn't. I'm not a mod. lol.

Just want to know where it stops. Are we going to have a thread for EVERY player?:hysterical:

With all these dedicated threads popping up i thought i would get in on the fun and dedicate a thread to our WR corp.

With the battle going on for the #2/3 slot and the #5; as well as the development (or lack there of) of our young WRs we can together experience the joy and (growing) pains to come from our WRs this year...

HTTR!!!!

Well I'm already in the Cult of Colt,and just joined the Crib of Clinton, i'm joining the Hall of Hall. I'm signing up for the House of Haynesworth and frequently visit the Church of Chase.

Where's the love for Tana,Cooley ,Fletcher and Landry?

Cooley? When someone makes that let me know, I'm signing up.

It might be hard to come up with a name though; so many players already used the catch "C" titles.

So... with all these threads popping up, you decided to "pop" another one up? Couldnt your statement have been made in one of those threads that are popping?

Edited by Stew

So... with all these threads popping up, you decided to "pop" another one up?

He was celebrating his 50th post in a year and thought what the hay.:chair:

So... with all these threads popping up, you decided to "pop" another one up? Couldnt your statement have been made in one of those threads that are popping?

Yeah i sure did.

I figured that with all the attention being paid to our WR situation and who is where on the charts this could be a central location to talk about the status of our WRs. How the corps looks as a whole. Especially the development of our 2 young guys during the pre-season. At the very least itll eliminate the threads for "KELLY KREW" or what ever else may come up.