Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

how hard was the gre

Wasn't too bad. I found the Kaplan book to be really helpful for writing and verbal strategies and the number2.com website to be really helpful for math. I also used freerice.com a lot just to try and keep my mind working on vocab.

Here's what I posted about it a while back...

A while back there was a thread here about the GRE but for some reason I can't find it when I search...

Anyway, just wanted to let anyone who is planning on or thinking about taking the test about a really helpful site I found: www.number2.com

Basically they take you through each section - verbal, math, and writing - and break those down in to subsections according to the types of questions asked. There's a tutorial for each subsection, explaining questions types, info, and strategies, and then they give you 20 sample questions (most sections also have the option to do more). Based on those sample questions they estimate how you'll do on the actual test.

I found it much easier to practice with this as opposed to the Kaplan book when I was at work or I had a few extra minutes here and there. (The Kaplan book was also very helpful though.) The site was especially useful for the math section - it basically walks you through any formulas you'll need. For someone like me who hasn't taken a math class in years, it was the perfect amount of information.

Other than all that, just take the practice tests. They really are helpful.

Wasn't too bad. I found the Kaplan book to be really helpful for writing and verbal strategies and the number2.com website to be really helpful for math. I also used freerice.com a lot just to try and keep my mind working on vocab.

Here's what I posted about it a while back...

Other than all that, just take the practice tests. They really are helpful.

So, who was it, that hacked your account the other day ?

I was very surprised at how many people I saw sporting O's hats as I walked around Cleveland Park and Woodley Park today. Looks like there are some real baseball fans in DC. ;) Of course all the Redskins gear was hot too. I almost bought an Orakpo jersey today. He'll be here for the next 14 years, right? Jeremiah Trotter has made me hesitant.

I can't go to Training Camp anymore as I already said, every time I go the Redskins have a poor record. Last time I went they went 6-10 or something, and CP got hurt in some preseason game against Cincinnati

That was just a dumb play by Portis. If I remember correctly, our quarterback had thrown and INT and Portis was attempting to make the tackle. Regular season you make that play. Preseason you half-azz it. You can't risk getting injured, when you could easily prevent it.

Just a mean boy :silly:

How does this keep happening to you?

any of you hear eminem's new rap dissing mariah and nick? It's great:

http://perezhilton.com/2009-07-30-eminem-hits-nick-mariah-hard-drops-massive-diss-track

Sorry, men, I know it's Perez. Here's a link to the song itself if you're too scared to go to Perez.... Eminem is amazing on it. Oh, definitely NSFW

http://www.rapbasement.com/audio/eminem-ft-mariah-carey-the-warning.html

I love how he makes fun of himself which in turn makes fun of her- just like in 8 Mile.

Archived