Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

45 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

My CEO sent a funny email out yesterday saying that since our CFO (mr. uptight and no fun) is on vacation, that today will be shorts day for everyone who wants to wear them, in honor of the CFO's "laid back style", lol.  We also had pizza and beer, courtesy of the company.  For the trifecta, I'm awaiting early dismissal around 3 or 3:30. 

You work at Tel-Americorp?

Weird day.  Been off all week, had 3 wisdom teeth taken out today and psychiatrist beginning process of confirming if I have type 2 bipolar.  Was talking to 7 year old nephew most of the day with stylus on Note 4, but former good friend of mine cutting me off because I support BLM and not Trump.  Just hoping for the best, thanks for the support.

Had what I would consider to be a mild to moderate anxiety attack while I was at work today.

It all started shortly before lunch time.  I only had a small breakfast, a fiber one bar and a medium coffee at about 7:00.  By 1:00 I was starving.  Didn't get to leave work to eat until about 1:30.  I walked up to the grocery store where I always grab food from.  I started experiencing some dizziness and minor chest pain.  Almost like hunger pain.  I stopped by the blood pressure machine, like normal, and it was about 145/95 which is way higher than usual.  Started to panic more.  Ate my food in my car and was worried I might pass out.  Returned to work and I could feel my face being super hot, felt dizzy and slightly short of breath.  Scared me enough for me to text my wife that I wasn't feeling so hot and let my coworker know that I had some odd symptoms.

I relaxed, did some deep breathing and the symptoms subsided.  Still, it's concerning.  I sometimes get these feelings after hockey games.  Not while I'm playing, but in the locker room I'll start to feel a bit light headed and short breathed.  It's alarming, so I'll jump up from where I'm sitting and pace around a bit.  I'll check my pulse to make sure it's strong.  Like today, these short attacks subside.

If this continues I think I need to see a doc.  I don't wanna be a guy on anti-anxieties though.

maybe gallstones Springy, getting old sucks.

of course it might just be bug or minor infection that will pass.

whatever it is they have a pill for it.....or just score some oxy from Elessar and put your worries on hold.

42 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If this continues I think I need to see a doc.  I don't wanna be a guy on anti-anxieties though.

See a doctor. it may be nothing but good to be certain.

Dont be ashamed of taking anti-anx Meds. I've been on em (Paxil). Like you, didn't want to either but my wife is a mental health professional and she treats more people for anxiety than anything else. It's a very real thing in our society. 

you don't have to take it forever either. I took it for 6 months then gradually stepped off. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Had what I would consider to be a mild to moderate anxiety attack while I was at work today.

It all started shortly before lunch time.  I only had a small breakfast, a fiber one bar and a medium coffee at about 7:00.  By 1:00 I was starving.  Didn't get to leave work to eat until about 1:30.  I walked up to the grocery store where I always grab food from.  I started experiencing some dizziness and minor chest pain.  Almost like hunger pain.  I stopped by the blood pressure machine, like normal, and it was about 145/95 which is way higher than usual.  Started to panic more.  Ate my food in my car and was worried I might pass out.  Returned to work and I could feel my face being super hot, felt dizzy and slightly short of breath.  Scared me enough for me to text my wife that I wasn't feeling so hot and let my coworker know that I had some odd symptoms.

I relaxed, did some deep breathing and the symptoms subsided.  Still, it's concerning.  I sometimes get these feelings after hockey games.  Not while I'm playing, but in the locker room I'll start to feel a bit light headed and short breathed.  It's alarming, so I'll jump up from where I'm sitting and pace around a bit.  I'll check my pulse to make sure it's strong.  Like today, these short attacks subside.

If it keeps happening consistently, see a doc.  Back in the day, and from time to time still, I'd get mild panic attacks too, for no reason, out of the blue.  I'm not on any meds, but I never went to the doc either.  A lot of times, I mentally work myself up into a tizzy, get all worked up, sometimes not even trying to do it.  

Most of the time, I just make myself relax and it gets better like you said.  I used to be able to get up in front of a hundred people at work and speak/lead training sessions, then it turned into mild panic attacks from time to time.  I don't have to do that anymore, but like I said, if it keeps happening and starts really impacting your daily life at work and home, consider meds that will relax you.  There is nothing wrong with that.

Mild earthquake just hit the midwest.  Thinking a 5.0-6.0.  Lasted a minute.  Woke me up, my dogs were freaked.  Reminded me of the one that hit the mid-Atlantic a few years back.  This one lasted longer.  Things on my countertops and whatnot shifted around, but nothing fell.  My friend told me her curtains fell down, people posting on Tulsa news FB threads are reporting pictures and items falling over.  No big deal it seems, but a crazy lil wake-up call.

Archived