Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

55 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Sixth Sense is still a nice movie.  Just tuned in for the big reveal.

Over the years ive come to appreciate Shyamalan more and more. Some of his movies may not be for everyone, but appreciate that he tries to go off the beaten path, instead of serving up tired ass possession and paranormal activity-ish movies. Id rather watch an average movie with a fresh premise than a good movie with a tired premise.

52 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Do y'all ever catch on about how ESPN and sports talk their hook is to say the most polarizing thing(s)- just to incite something in listeners. It's lowest common denominator ****. And the fact that news is nationalized now

Stupid sells

ChewPOCALYPSE

What the -****- bro?

What the -****-.

tumblr_inline_o8mz28ZjRs1s3g6ug_500.gif

Leave again and you'll catch some of these Viers Mill Road hands.  These hands dial the police faster than any yall mu****as up in dis piece.

Hope all is well Chew, I know how it is man.  Had to stay off of here a bit as well.  Can't be getting caught in any webs here when I gotsta keep that real life **** in check.

Just dropped 300 on an ounce, mom & dad get a quarter of it tomorrow as a surprise.  Bout be on their good side for a long while :)

Had to pay rent today, as well as grocery shop and buy gas.  I peaked at my bank acct and I got a random $100 charge from the gas station.  My heart sank...did somebody that got gas after me totally fill up a couple trucks?  Did the station's computer **** up?  No, neither.  They're starting to freeze money in accounts now.  Anyone else run in to this?

17 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Had to pay rent today, as well as grocery shop and buy gas.  I peaked at my bank acct and I got a random $100 charge from the gas station.  My heart sank...did somebody that got gas after me totally fill up a couple trucks?  Did the station's computer **** up?  No, neither.  They're starting to freeze money in accounts now.  Anyone else run in to this?

Yeah, gas stations here have been doing that for a couple years now...they make sure your debit card can run up to $100, because some people pump more gas than they can pay for.  You get the $-freeze back after your charge clears, but it can seriously ruin your day.  I got one of those "Pumpstart" cards at QT years ago, I can start the pump with the card and use my debit card inside after pumping the gas and avoid all that nonsense.  (But I'm a cash person anyway...my account never has any money in it, really...I think there's about $10 in there now, LOL)

Can I have your parents?  :ols:

Yo, so let me tell you that having two kids is way harder than one.

3 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Yeah, gas stations here have been doing that for a couple years now...they make sure your debit card can run up to $100, because some people pump more gas than they can pay for.  You get the $-freeze back after your charge clears, but it can seriously ruin your day.  I got one of those "Pumpstart" cards at QT years ago, I can start the pump with the card and use my debit card inside after pumping the gas and avoid all that nonsense.  (But I'm a cash person anyway...my account never has any money in it, really...I think there's about $10 in there now, LOL)

Can I have your parents?  :ols:

Credit cards do it.

Each CC company has an agreement with your fuel supplier as to how much the hold will be whenever you swipe your card.

Best advice - don't use your debit card at gas stations. 

I've heard from my credit union that they are the easiest place to get your card info stolen (skimmers, etc.) and if it's your debit card, having those fraudlent charges put back into you account can really be a ****. Plus you are out the money for awhile. 

At least with a credit card - there is no actual money due for 30 or so days. More than enough time for the credit card fraud department to do their investigation and reverse the charges.

8 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Me and the lady are eloping to New Orleans at the end of the month.  Rented a nice place in the quarter.  Bought plane tickets.  Booked a time at the courthouse. 

Conswagulations!  Mr and Mrs Walton...I can dig it!

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Best advice - don't use your debit card at gas stations. 

I've heard from my credit union that they are the easiest place to get your card info stolen (skimmers, etc.) and if it's your debit card, having those fraudlent charges put back into you account can really be a ****. Plus you are out the money for awhile. 

At least with a credit card - there is no actual money due for 30 or so days. More than enough time for the credit card fraud department to do their investigation and reverse the charges.

Exactly.  In fact, I don't EVER use my debit card anywhere if I don't have to.  But I can use my debit card as a "credit card" in emergencies.  I use the credit card for all purchases outside of cash, get the reward points and pay it off every month.

Archived