Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

There was a 45 rpm (7" singles) deck for the car way back in the late 50's/early 60's. It held the tonearm/stylus (needle) down via pressure like some kids' players did back then so it wouldn't skip, but it was like a vinyl lathe on the discs.  Not that such matters fidelity-wise, given the state of the rest of the car audio systems of the day and typical listener/usage.

No, I did not have one :lol:--it was off the market for years by the time i was old enough to think about music in the car.

However, me being me stereo-stuff-wise, when I was 15, I'd installed a Craig Powerplay 8-track in my Galaxy 500 and that year as eight track recorders were hitting the home market, I picked up a good one (Akai--$200 in 1968) and was making my own mix 8-tracks recording off the turntable and home system, and wowing the gang. Now into six decades of being the happenin' dude.  :P

YEARS ago, a friend of a friend bought an old beat up Rolls Royce limo.... Next to the drop-down bar, the limo had a full hi-fi, and the record player was on this weird contraption that was basically a platform on 4 shocks (each corner) on another platform that also had shocks.   The car was in bad need of restoration and not road ready when I saw it, so I have no idea if it worked well, or at all .... but it was cool to look at :)

You don't have to be a southerner. Just a redneck.

Whew, I can tolerate being a Redneck. 

You calling KH's lady a redneck?

Well she is...kind of... You would be surprised Ankles. Think female Kid Rock. Although much better looking. 

Well, i was calling Kosher one. ...but you ever met a Nascar fan that wasn't?

When did I state I was a Nascar fan ? I do love racing, just never got into Nascar. 

Nope. Now Kosher can enjoy his new life shopping at K-Mart for all the fine NASCAR licensed products

Don't think I have been inside a K-Mart in 35+ years. 

NHRA is actually fun.  Just make sure to bring some ear plugs or get there early enough to get the ones they have.  I've been once at the zMAX track in Concord.  Only part of one, was expecting to just drink/tailgate and my friend bought me a ticket.  

Tailgated a couple of other times with the same friends that attend.

Been to plenty of NHRA events over the years, just never NASCAR. I do like that I can bring my own beer though...she probably won't like that though. haha. 

Quick visit to see Chewy and you should be fine.

Funny think is I have some at home and have for probably 2 years or so. Can't do that on a weekday though. I seldom ever smoke these days. Probably been 2 years plus since the last time. I need to function properly.

Okay, I seriously gotta ask this...

When it's a cloudy, cold, dreary type of day, does it mess up your mood? I am feeling all jacked up right now, and I have no idea what the heck is going on, but it ALWAYS happens when it's days like this.

oh definitely. Not sure where you live, but try the infinite gloom of NW Pennsylvania—6 months of cloudy dreary cold. 

There's something called, not joking, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) that happens to people in the upper latitudes of the northern hemisphere. 

When it's a cloudy, cold, dreary type of day, does it mess up your mood?  

I must be sensitive to  barometric pressure changes, but I will often times get a headache when it rains.  Total blower, makes rainy days even more suck.

As for you, I think you're just a natural emo, and rainy/dreary days bring out the best in you.  I've got some tissue if you're gonna have a cry. 

Okay, I seriously gotta ask this...

When it's a cloudy, cold, dreary type of day, does it mess up your mood? I am feeling all jacked up right now, and I have no idea what the heck is going on, but it ALWAYS happens when it's days like this.

Yeah, dreary weather sucks. I like rain and thunder though. Relaxing/awesome (up to a point). I prefer snow over cold-dreary days too. Right now it's 79 and completely sunny in OK. Hung out with my feet my brother's pool while sunbathing earlier. Nice lunch break.

Work has reached insanity levels though. Gotta go back in to the fire in a bit.

My buddy's ex is a friend on mine on FB. They dated in college. Since then she's taken up marathons and ultra-marathons. She was a great looking gal in college. Great bod, curvaceous. Now the running has destroyed all that. #skeletor. 

DAMN YOU RUNNING!

Archived