Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

And taking it back to my post a little earlier...

I did..sorta...forget about Brad Johnson. But we also caught him in the twilight years in comparison. I'd say the same about Brunell.

Thing is about Kirk, and had it panned out, in it's own way, the same goes for Griff; is that we finally have a chance to develop a homegrown guy. Someone we drafted to be branded as the man to take the snaps from here on out while this team gets assembled. It's the kinda thing that this fanbase has been chomping at the bit for for what seems like my entire life. Is he Brady or Manning? Is he Cam? Is he Eli? Is he this prolific, headline grabbing, "YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!" type of QB? No. Right now, he's just Kirk. He's a guy who can go out there and manage a ball game. A guy you don't fear(anymore) that you're gonna lose the ball every time he drops back. A guy that can get the ball out of the pocket fast enough to create opportunities. Whether he becomes anything great, assuming that the talking heads are right and he gets the contract, is gonna be on him.

I just can't be upset about a guy not being flashy or "Elite" enough YET. Not the way this team and its QB play has been over the past 20 years. I'll take a "game manager" that gives me a chance to win games when its on the line any day.

Watched The Purge last night, and that movie made me so damn angry. Could barely finish it. Between the stupid daughter, the boyfriend, the ****stain kid, and the stupid wife ("We can't do this honey. We're not animals." Umm, stupid ****, YOU ARE ALL GOING TO DIE IF YOU DON'T), I was at my wits end.

Yeah that movie is tough to get through. So much incompetence

You guys act like you become a franchise QB in 1 year.  it takes years and Kirk has shown me he is able to grow and will grow even more with another offseason with Jay

Lol Been hanging out in The Stadium I see.

That's pretty much the general consensus arond here it seems. I think most folks are starting to come around about KC and accept the fact that he might be QB1 for a good while. Unless someone comes out and snatches him up.

Yeah that movie is tough to get through. So much incompetence

It also lets me know that I could never be a father of a hot girl and not end up in prison for third degree murder. I'd be so paranoid and confrontational. Then she'd hate me and probably rebel, ending up in a Las Vegas tittie bar as a high end stripper.

Lol Been hanging out in The Stadium I see.

That's pretty much the general consensus arond here it seems. I think most folks are starting to come around about KC and accept the fact that he might be QB1 for a good while. Unless someone comes out and snatches him up.

Personally, we are in a bad position at QB, imo.  RGIII is done, he will be cut prior to the league start next year.  If the season ends and we win the division, we are picking #21 or lower (should we somehow win a playoff game) and if we don't make the playoffs, we are looking at #11-#20 (depending on how we close out the season).  

There are three QBs this draft (Lynch, Goff, Cook)  All three could be gone when we pick, most likely to the Browns, Rams, 49ers, or Texans (depending how they finish).  I'm not really sold on any of them either.

Kirk is going to get some offers in the off-season, most likely.  How much for how long?  Who knows.  But he would be stupid not to test free agency out.  There is no way we franchise tag him and pay him top 5 QB money.  And if another team offers more, it puts us in a potentially bad situation.

The FA class for QBs is basically looking like Kirk, Fitzpatrick.  And of course Kap, Foles, Johnny Football if those teams decide to part ways and go QB in the draft.  

I could totally see us in a position where we win the division, knocking us down too far to draft one of those QBs, Kirk gets a better offer than we can/want to give him here and we are stuck with Colt and lord knows who else.  I don't want us to overpay Kirk and I don't think that Scot will.  I also don't think we would move up in the draft to snag a QB either.

I still am convinced we build the lines first, regardless of what happens.  Go DL or OL in the first 2-3 picks, unless some stud falls into your laps.  Gonna be interesting depending on how things unfold the next few weeks.

It also lets me know that I could never be a father of a hot girl and not end up in prison for third degree murder. I'd be so paranoid and confrontational. Then she'd hate me and probably rebel, ending up in a Las Vegas tittie bar as a high end stripper.

Ha! My possible future.  Lil Enforcette goes to daycare part time.  Only a lil over 2, but I've I already got my eye on this kid Kyle.  He's always up in my daughters business and is sad when I pick her up.  So, it's mostly cute, but part of me is like, "uhh, slow your role son."

yeah, I flew out to vegas on a friday afternoon once for a trade show. Half the plane were what seemed to be strippers. 

Ha! My possible future. Lil Enforcette goes to daycare part time. Only a lil over 2, but I've I already got my eye on this kid Kyle. He's always up in my daughters business and is sad when I pick her up. So, it's mostly cute, but part of me is like, "uhh, slow your role son."

Being a guy and listening to guy stories during hs about how they snuck in the gf's house and got some just scares the living hell out of me.

If I were to see that I can easily imagine blacking out and coming to, soaked in blood.

Damn horny ass kid gonna try me in my OWN HOUSE?!?!?!

Oh no. Can't have that

I know this person has done a 180° on Cousins. I'm not saying I believe it..but some writer said he looks like/compares to a young Brees. If only.

Drool.

He's got a good arm on him for the long ball. This offseaon he learned to take what was given him and own the short route.

Imagine if he gets the same decision making with the medium and long balls next season.

Once this kid sees the entire field and is more comfortable seeing defensive formations/audibles, he's gonna be good.

Breaking Bad

seen it

He's got a good arm on him for the long ball. This offseaon he learned to take what was given him and own the short route.

Imagine if he gets the same decision making with the medium and long balls next season.

Once this kid sees the entire field and is more comfortable seeing defensive formations/audibles, he's gonna be good.

This is what I've been saying since he "took over". He takes what he can get, knows when to throw it away, can rush for the 1-yd TD or 1st down, and can hurry-up to the line if he needs to(meaning the rest of the offense moves when he says & respects him). Interceptions are down. Way down.

I don't see how we can ask for more right now. <Cue that sappy love song that I would've had played at my wedding if it hadn't been in the courthouse during recess of some serious felony trial.>

Being a guy and listening to guy stories during hs about how they snuck in the gf's house and got some just scares the living hell out of me.

If I were to see that I can easily imagine blacking out and coming to, soaked in blood.

Damn horny ass kid gonna try me in my OWN HOUSE?!?!?!

Oh no. Can't have that

Scary times as a father of a little girl.  One good thing I got going is working from home (hopefully forever, but when she gets to be a teenager too), no boys can be snuck in since I'm always here.  At night, I probably won't worry about it as much during the week.  Weekends, I'm usually up extremely late anyhow.  

Her room being on the second floor, across the hall from our room is comforting.  Also, 6 foot privacy fence around the back of the house.  Even if the little **** jumped the fence, he would have to find a way to climb up to her window, which there is nothing around on the house to do so.  Ladders would be secured in the garage, which would be closed/locked anyhow and is on the front of the house.  

I could toss in some motion detectors in the backyard to take care of that from happening.  The biggest security breach would be if she tried to sneak out after I fell asleep.  We have an alarm, but she will have to be given the security code for obvious reasons.  So she would be able to disarm it, then walk right out the front door.  

Garage makes way too much noise and if I have motion detectors in the back, it rules out the sliding glass doors to the backyard.  Problem would be the front door. 

Archived