Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

thats awesome ecu..thats such a cool story.

Thanks Mike.

I mean I know that a lot of stuff can happen in the world overnight...but yet my son thinks that everything is going to be okay and we will see each other in the morning....that little boy is priceless.

Well the Spelling bee is supposedly over. Good riddance. I'm telling you, that stuff is useless in this age. No one needs to show off their ability to spell anymore, in this age of computers and fix-it spell-check.

1. Spell-check isn't always available OR accurate

2. Personally, I think people who can't spell for **** seem like idiots. I see a lot of it in the Tailgate :paranoid: and I know I'm not the only one bothered by it.

1. Spell-check isn't always available OR accurate

2. Personally, I think people who can't spell for **** seem like idiots. I see a lot of it in the Tailgate :paranoid: and I know I'm not the only one bothered by it.

Fine. I'll give you that.

Out of these three contests though (Geography, Math contest, spelling bee) I think the Spelling bee is the least practical. I'm a bigger fan of the geography and math contests, because those have better real-life applications. If you're a math or geo-whiz as a kid you got a good future. Except for me when I was a math whiz and failed miserably in college. But that's another story. :hysterical:

Fine. I'll give you that.

Out of these three contests though (Geography, Math contest, spelling bee) I think the Spelling bee is the least practical. I'm a bigger fan of the geography and math contests, because those have better real-life applications. If you're a math or geo-whiz as a kid you got a good future. Except for me when I was a math whiz and failed miserably in college. But that's another story. :hysterical:

See, I've never seen a Math contest, but I would assume it has lots of those weird formulas and stuff. Spelling is way more important to me than that, but perhaps it's because I'm a word nerd. I know if I were interviewing someone for a job, a spelling error would make me cringe and definitely think twice about hiring him/her.

I applied for that school, but it was proposed as a school for ant's, and needed to be at least as twice big as proposed...

:)

Hehehe.... ant's... I hope that was done on purpose :paranoid:

On another note - can someone tell me if there's a "cooking question" thread or something similar? I can't seem to find one, but don't want to get in trouble... :cool:

Back when I used to watch NBC4's It's Academic they used to pull out a bunch of high schoolers from local DC schools and ask them questions. I remember they would have them find out formulas in like 5 seconds and I was like DAMN THESE GUYS ARE SMART. It's like Find the integral of this function and they found it out so fast...I loved that show.

I was actually part of the high school's It's Academic team but I didn't do too well. I probably would do better now, I love that trivia stuff. I'm rusty in math though, haven't done math in over 5 years.

On another note - can someone tell me if there's a "cooking question" thread or something similar? I can't seem to find one, but don't want to get in trouble... :cool:

There have been all kinds of specific food threads. Advice on cooking wings,salmon,deep fried turkey,ect. Have a barbecue thread and a couple what you're eating for dinner or lunch threads,but I'm not certain there is an all things cooking thread out there. Well,not recently anyway.

Back when I used to watch NBC4's It's Academic they used to pull out a bunch of high schoolers from local DC schools and ask them questions. I remember they would have them find out formulas in like 5 seconds and I was like DAMN THESE GUYS ARE SMART. It's like Find the integral of this function and they found it out so fast...I loved that show.

I was actually part of the high school's It's Academic team but I didn't do too well. I probably would do better now, I love that trivia stuff. I'm rusty in math though, haven't done math in over 5 years.

Not as prestigious, but my sister was "on" It's Academic because she was a cheerleader. :silly:

There have been all kinds of specific food threads. Advice on cooking wings,salmon,deep fried turkey,ect. Have a barbecue thread and a couple what you're eating for dinner or lunch threads,but I'm not certain there is an all things cooking thread out there. Well,not recently anyway.

So I haz the okay to make one? :)

Archived