Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Kind of works that way in many parts of life.

Sometimes you have to walk away, sometimes you have to make your point.

Doesn't always work as intended...but, you did what you felt was right.

End of the day, that is the only thing that matters.

At this point, there are just too many threads to follow along making the same points.

A brief summary?

Basically saying Dan is right in wanting to give Robert one more year, but how could you hire a coach who made it clear that he can't stand your franchise quarterback. Pretty much saying this entire situation is a franchise failure which it is.

I'm still laughing that people want Griffin gone because they think the circus will end. It's like they became fans when Griffin was drafted, and don't know how this team was treated for years.

Yeah.

I mean you know its bad when the Cardinals... the ****ing Cardinals, have all the makings of a top organization, and you are still playing with yourself a decade and a half later.

Ic the Browns and Raiders ever get their **** together we. are. ****ed.

With each season that passes, my love for the Nationals grows stronger. The experience at the games is amazing, they have a person in charge who has a plan, they have a stout farm system and then the last thing. they win.   They might not win titles but they have been playing above .500 ball for 4 seasons in a row.  

I'm a bit unplugged from DC Sports nowadays being out of the area. But it seems like, despite frustrations with how seasons end, the Caps, Nats, and Wiz all seem to be doing fine?

Basically saying Dan is right in wanting to give Robert one more year, but how could you hire a coach who made it clear that he can't stand your franchise quarterback. Pretty much saying this entire situation is a franchise failure which it is.

That we hired an offensive coordinator once before a HC wasn't the smoking gun? haha.

Somebody in Springfield got a visit from the rage fairy.  Saw a car while driving through that was clearly worked over by a angry person and a blunt object.  Took their time too.  All the windows smashed, windshield had some big holes in it, rear window smashed out, trunk dented badly, tail lights out, hood smashed and open, dents all along the sides.  That much damage takes a real grudge because that isn't quiet work and the police station is about a mile away.  

When I see a car like that I'm always burning with curiosity to know what inspired it.  It has to be embarrassing because you're neighbors are going to be giving you that judgmental look for a while.  

Somebody in Springfield got a visit from the rage fairy. Saw a car while driving through that was clearly worked over by a angry person and a blunt object. Took their time too. All the windows smashed, windshield had some big holes in it, rear window smashed out, trunk dented badly, tail lights out, hood smashed and open, dents all along the sides. That much damage takes a real grudge because that isn't quiet work and the police station is about a mile away.

When I see a car like that I'm always burning with curiosity to know what inspired it. It has to be embarrassing because you're neighbors are going to be giving you that judgmental look for a while.

Unless you are padded walls talks to Jesus and Mary cray cray, usually only a man or woman (or both) can make someone that pissed

Reminds me of awhile back when one of my supervisors was going through a messy divorce (cheated). Guy had a Porsche, then he's off for a couple days and comes back with a bad eye, driving his beater.

Love hurts

I went to high school with Kara Lawson (WNBA), Joe Saunders (MLB) and Brian Carroll (MLS). Wasn't friends with any of them at all. Maybe brief conversations at some point in time but that's about it.

Heh... in peewee I pulled down Kara Lawson by her pigtails... she was a star RB for Franconia... we beat them in regular season, but they killed us in playoffs (or we never met and they won championship).

Saunders was filthy to face in Little League... I think he struck out everyone and you were happy just hitting a dribbler down first base.

Ahhh... I spent a lot of time at that sports park off of Old Keene Mill... the best thing ever was getting a snack bar ticket after the game and ordering a "suicide" snow cone.

Still don't get the blame for Snyder. It's his fault RG3 hasn't developed? The roster lacked talent? The coaches were horrible (Spurrier success would have made him Chip Kelly-like).

What ties teams like Washington, Raiders, and the Browns together (and Bills and Jets and Jaguars and Bears) is horrible personnel choices at the most important position. NFL QUARTERBACK.

Yet somehow those owners don't get the same contempt because they are not Dan Snyder, the unlikeable Dan Snyder.

So, the best we hope for this year is a magic bean jump for the QB... next is an amazing defense that carries the team. But somehow the narrative is about a meddling owner who deserves the scorn and contempt... I even heard some national radio guy going off on the name.

Anyway - if you are a coach or GM who fails to perform here, its easy to blame the owner (and honestly we got screwed even with Gibbs leaving). I would like to see more stories of Snyder driving the football train post Gibbs.. it just appears his hirings haven't worked long term.

I really can't help someone that doesn't see the common denominator in the 15 years this team has eroded in every facet.

You can't tell me with a straight face that the problem with this organization has just been lack of a good quarterback. You can't

The QB situation is nothing but a symptom of the much larger issue. That. Is. Snyder.

Its the lack of knowledge on how to help build a consistently winning football team. Its the lack of knowledge in hiring the right people to run said football team. Its the lack of knowledge on proper conduct between owner/player/HC. Its the lack of knowledge on how to make sure there is a unifying front between owner/HC/GM. Its facilities. Its PR. Its hiring coaches. Its everything. And he has shown to be a complete nimrod at pretty much all of it. And it all creates a trickle down effect throughout the organization, ann down to the players. Hopefully McCloughan can change some of this in time, but right now, this is where we stand.

I had to cut off the little bit of a mustache that I had because my barber made my facial hair shape up looked like some crazy Johnny Depp looking style.

I am beyond pissed because I look 17 without facial hair and it takes forever for mine to grow back.

Great day today. Our PS4 Madden league did our opening fantasy draft. 3:40 long but well worth it. Lots of laughs and fun were had in the party chat.

Later went over to a friends house and kicked off my first ever offline fantasy draft. 13 guys in the room, huge big board poster taped to the wall, name plates for 300+ players and we went 16 rounds through. Pizza and red cups everywhere at the end. Tons of fun. I don't even want to do online drafts anymore. So lame comparatively.

Still don't get the blame for Snyder. It's his fault RG3 hasn't developed? The roster lacked talent? The coaches were horrible (Spurrier success would have made him Chip Kelly-like).

I think Snyder can take partial blame for RG3 not developing. When the front office isn't being ran properly, that can affect player development. If Shanahan is to be believed, Snyder allowed Griffin to believe he didn't need to listen to the Shanahans in regards to his development. Granted, Mike and Kyle's lack of communication and downright stupid playcalling at times in 2012 contributed, but overall, Griffin wouldn't have dared to tell Mike what plays he wouldn't be running if he didn't have Snyder's blessing that he wasn't going into the doghouse. 

Now in regards to the coaches. Why did we get stuck with Zorn? Because Snyder hadn't hired a GM to hire a new HC, like a real NFL organization, and every single coach except desperate Fassel was steering clear of us. He ran off Marty, who actually had this team turned around and on the rise in just one season. Need I go on? The horrible coaches? Half of them (Spurrier and Zorn) should've never been hired to begin with. The good ones? Ran off or neutered to ineffectiveness. 

So, the best we hope for this year is a magic bean jump for the QB... next is an amazing defense that carries the team. But somehow the narrative is about a meddling owner who deserves the scorn and contempt... I even heard some national radio guy going off on the name.

I watched a video last week of Snyder bowling with RG3 and his wife. The video was dated as April 2014. IMO, an NFL owner shouldn't be that close to his players. I'm not alone in that opinion, and Snyder has been doing that for a long time.(Lavar, Portis, etc,.) 

Thing about the Redskins a lot of people seem to forget. Outside of the Baugh, Allen, and Gibbs eras they've historically sucked. I truly hope they''ll be consistently competitive again, but I've been saying that for twenty three years. :(

I feel ya. 

I was learning to write cursive when I started liking the Redskins. 

And they've decided to stop teaching cursive writing in schools.  Should this tell me something?

G'mornin', y'all.  Hope you can hold your heads up high today...RAVENS WENT DOWN!  (I hate that team so much.)

Archived