Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I've only met one female professional athlete, it was either Rhonda Mapp or Sharon Manning that used to play for the Charlotte Sting (WNBA).  It was so long ago, I can't remember exactly.  But they would come into the grocery store I worked at late at night with a trainer and buy groceries.  

They were right at my height or just a tad taller (I'm 6'2") and I remember people that worked with me saying she was a professional BBall player.  Very nice and would shoot the **** with ya when she came around.  

Edit:  Yes, I had to go back and google the Sting rosters the two years I would have seen them to recognize the face/names.  

Serena Williams.

Or Rhonda Rousey.

Met Serena years ago.

Met Rousey yesterday. Good gracious she was diesel, would put Doc to shame, haha.

Dude she was with, a skinny guy with tats and long hair. Threw me off completely. Clearly not an athlete or body guard. He was a couple inches taller, but he was scrawny. Think Tommy Lee.

Might not have been her man though, just a friend.

Rousey looks like a chick that you just don't want to piss off, but I bet she's pretty damn nice.

Not letting that chick break my arm. haha. I'll just run rather than shoot her.

I'll be all, yes, no, please, thank you.

Hell, she is my size just in pristine condition ( I'm taller at 5'10"). Super laid back though.

I thought the madness would end after crazy uncle Vinny left town. Who knew things would get worse?

I don't hate Dan like everyone else, but I'm starting to hope that they uproot and move to California so we can reboot from scratch in 2-3 years.

This has to stop :( :( :(

All the threads in the Stadium exhaust me anymore. I've tapped out. Just going to let it play out. People aren't going to change their mind or bias.

Kind of works that way in many parts of life.

Sometimes you have to walk away, sometimes you have to make your point.

Doesn't always work as intended...but, you did what you felt was right.

End of the day, that is the only thing that matters.

I thought the madness would end after crazy uncle Vinny left town. Who knew things would get worse?

I don't hate Dan like everyone else, but I'm starting to hope that they uproot and move to California so we can reboot from scratch in 2-3 years.

This has to stop :( :( :(

Honestly, ive thought about this a lot, and I have to say, at this point, enduring this garbage year after tear, I wouldn't mind. At all.

There's losing and building towards something, then there's losing and repeated organizational dysfunction and ineptitude.

Best you can hope for at this point is something like what happened with the Clippers

Not letting that chick break my arm. haha. I'll just run rather than shoot her.

I'll be all, yes, no, please, thank you.

Hell, she is my size just in pristine condition ( I'm taller at 5'10"). Super laid back though.

Seems like the quintessential ladyfriend/potential relationship type. Real cool. And you don't need to worry about protecting her because she could probably crush Navy Seals

Doesn't really matter what other successes he's had. Joe Gibbs had at least one failed business. 

It's culture. Sometimes organizations can thrive for a while despite the culture. But this one is toxic, has been for years. In the free agent market we attract the wrong kind of people. No legit coach will even talk to us now. In the past, and in some ways in the present, we still put the wrong things ahead of developing a quality environment. 

For Danny, it's been about what he finds fun, not what is needed to run a quality organization. 

Gotta clean house. DS needs to hand over the keys and just sign checks and let, say, Mcglouhan run the show for a few years. Just show up in the owner's box. Clean out all the bad ju ju in the place—in personnel both football and non-football. Make the whole organization fan and community oriented. 

Doesn't really matter what other successes he's had. Joe Gibbs had at least one failed business. 

It's culture. Sometimes organizations can thrive for a while despite the culture. But this one is toxic, has been for years. In the free agent market we attract the wrong kind of people. No legit coach will even talk to us now. In the past, and in some ways in the present, we still put the wrong things ahead of developing a quality environment. 

For Danny, it's been about what he finds fun, not what is needed to run a quality organization. 

Gotta clean house. DS needs to hand over the keys and just sign checks and let, say, Mcglouhan run the show for a few years. Just show up in the owner's box. Clean out all the bad ju ju in the place—in personnel both football and non-football. Make the whole organization fan and community oriented. 

What you say definitely rings true. Something hit me during the first game while listening on the radio. It seems like everything is sponsored, while I understand that a franchise is here to make money it hit me as way over the top. I almost expected to hear "This Larry Michael fart is brought to you by febreze". I just said to myself this franchise does not care about the fans at all, only making money.

We don't even have a competent broadcast booth anymore. I think Scot might be our ONLY positive and that's just heartbreaking.

With each season that passes, my love for the Nationals grows stronger. The experience at the games is amazing, they have a person in charge who has a plan, they have a stout farm system and then the last thing. they win.   They might not win titles but they have been playing above .500 ball for 4 seasons in a row.  

Archived