Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Anyone who plays keyboards or messes with beat machines have any idea what kind of synth sound that is @ 24 second mark? I figured out the chord but can't find the sound at all

Best guess is synth strings or choral synth with a ton of reverb and some delay. You could easily recreate it with a decent VST, AU, or RTAS plug in for your DAW.

Wouldn't say great. He was good. 20-27, 190, 1td 1 int, 0 sacks. He moved the ball and got first downs even when he was struggling. No three and outs that I can remember.

That INT was horrible though.  Purple jersey in front of WR to catch screen pass.......do not throw towards purple jersey......bad Kirk, bad.  

And the first TD, just pure luck on catching the deflection in the end zone.  But, with that said, heads up play by Crowder, exactly what you want to see.

Ok/good versus a good defense.  Poor tackling, horrible special teams play.  It was nice to see Reed play well last night.  It would have been nice to see Garcon get more targets and DJax suit up and play.  Get a better idea of our real starting receivers with Kirk.  Loving some Matt Jones right now.  

Why was Harbaugh not penalized for running across the field and going at Jay though?  To me, that should have been a flag, 3 on each team, offsetting.  I know it's just preseason, so I don't care that much, just seemed like it should have been a flag and was obvious.  

I guess I was watching another game in that first half because from what I saw from Kirk in that first half he was absolutely dreadful. If not for that lucky td catch people would be singing a different song.

It wasn't bad. He had a rough start for sure. He was pretty good at picking up blitzes and hanging in the pocket. His passes showed decent touch, although that could be construed as weak armed.

I think people are doing two things.

1: I think they are overrating Baltimore's defense.

2: I think they are overrating Cousins play against second teamers during the 2:00 drill.

It's something to build on. The ball moved better than with Griffin so that's a positive (for the team). It's still just a preseason game so I don't take much positive or negative from it. One would be foolish to draw any absolutes from a preseason game.

I guess I was watching another game in that first half because from what I saw from Kirk in that first half he was absolutely dreadful. If not for that lucky td catch people would be singing a different song.

I wouldn't say it was dreadful.  Just good/ok/average.  Still very streaky.  The INT and fumbling the snap was just sloppy football.  And while I liked the fluke TD based on a heads up play by Crowder, it could have easily just have been an incompletion and resulted in 3 points instead of a TD.

Not really praising Kirk at all.  Not slamming him either.  He played like Kirk has always played.  

I hate when I post something well thought out and analytical and then somebody else posts something and it turns out that my post was the last one on the page. Now nobody will ever read my genius.

Im like the poster child for that :(.

Its one thing I liked about the site changeover... There are more posts per page. Back in the day, depending on how fast a thread was moving, you'd never even be able to respond to anyone because the new pages kept being added.

So now, when you drop some serious knowledge or get your keyboard warrior on and massacre a poster, you can sit back and admire your handywork for a bit

Kirk looks so much more fluid and in command out there then he used to.

When he drops back I don't get that "oh **** please don't get blown up, fumble, or get hurt feeling". I actually think he may put the ball where it needs to go.

I never played QB at a high level (DI or higher) but I played enough to know who looks better as a QB. Not an athlete, a QB.

PS, you should probably read my post in the Jay Gruden thread if you want a good time.

Lol I gotta see the footage from that **** lol. I hate John Harbaugh, ever since that crap about taking over DC. Both Harbaughs were just born angry douches.

We're already seen as a retard franchise. Might as well deck someone when they try to punk you, so you at least be an idiot instead of an idiot and a wuss. At the very least try to get somebody to hold you back (and make it look convincing). That Hard Knocks clip of his seems ancient now that he's shown his true colors here.

I love the Stadium.  Love reading the posts defending the Kirk INT, praising the almighty Suggs (yes, he's awesome - not indicating he isn't) for making a great defensive play.  

I'm gonna break that play down to the simplest level I can, in here......with pictures!

Kirk drops back:

485769714-quarterback-kirk-cousins-of-th

Turns right and sees:

barney.jpg

Passes:

1387143825000-USP-NFL-Washington-Redskin

Pass results in:

Vintage-Barney-PVC-Figurine-Football-Pla

Archived