Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I've become a big fan of Benedict Cumberbatch since watching all his BBC Sherlock Holmes episodes sometime back (Sherlock is one of my lifelong role models and most beloved fictional characters---also loved the 30's/40's films featuring Basil Rathbone--find them, watch them).

I was just listening to PBS/BBC radio and they had some English critics discussing how his recent portrayal of Hamlet is setting everyone to saying that it's among the best presentations of this---well, "classic" doesn't really cover it. Not bad.

Also loved hearing he was going to be Dr. Strange and, repeating myself, if you haven't seen The Imitation Game, you should.

Is he doing Hamlet on stage?  or in a movie?

You know. It's amazing how kids brains work. They are capable of thinking about simple things in abstract ways that I can't, or wouldn't, because I already have a lifetime of preconceived realities about how things "should be".

is this another statement about taking freebies from your parents??

You should E, it's hilarious.  Right now I think all the seasons are on Netflix, or all but the last one.

stop being nice to him.  He hasn't seen Old School?!  the ****?  I thought Elle was better than that.  :P

Admin should give him a day off from here, that'll give him time to watch the movie.   :lol:

is this another statement about taking freebies from your parents??

stage, I believe.  And I thought I read recently where he flipped out on some people in the audience for recording the play.  I don't blame him, dozens of red lights in the audience has to be distracting when you're live on stage.

He is doing a modern interpretation of it on stage.

Hoodie and all.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/26/us-theatre-britain-cumberbatch-idUSKCN0QV00Q20150826

BTW - I am convinced the wedding toast/best man speech that he does from Sherlock season 3 might be one of the best written and delivered speeches of all time on TV.

Guys, bubble soccer is coming to my city, they're starting a league this fall. We're trying to put a team of 5 together, $40 per person to join. I'm so looking forward to this. 

I don't know the first thing about actually playing soccer and our expected team has 0 combined experience outside of elementary school but we're not even concerned about that. This might be one of the few times that regardless of score, there are no losers. Everybody that plays legitimately wins. 

I'm so excited..

bubble-soccer-battle-balls-14122.jpg

i<edit>

Stage production. Some of the best actors of the isles are really heaping the praise on the guy---a fun thing about him if you've seen him in various media interviews or have read comments from people who've worked with him---he has a goofy/jokester (not pranks so much) side that comes out a lot---like a big kid.

People in Massachusetts are jerks.

Not a single person tried to help. The first two immediately turned around. They were quit to recognize the inconvenience.

Not for nothing, but what were they supposed to do? The truck looks like it kept going after it realized what happened.

Looks like an empty load. The debris you see is just the trailor smashed to smithereens. Probably went through there plenty of times...with a load. Skirt through with that weight in the back, otherwise the trailor bounces.

We did something similar in Park City, Utah one year.

http://www.parkcitymountain.com/summer/alpine-slide.aspx

You didn't invite PCS ? Geez man.

That looks cool too, and probably much safer. haha.

oh wow

i thought it was common courtesy to get out of your (already stopped) vehicle and ask the person in the vehicle that just got destroyed if they were OK before continuing down the road.

but i guess it's not lol.

Sure, but if that person is driving off, I think you can assume they must be okay.

The other day the wife and I were driving and saw an accident on the other side of the road. I immediately called 911. I'm not an EMT or anything, so making sure the proper people were on scene was my top priority. What was I gonna do? "You guys okay? Need me to call 911?" Or instead of that just call 911.

You didn't invite PCS ? Geez man.

That looks cool too, and probably much safer. haha.

That was in 2009 when we went to Utah.  We went to Hawaii for our 5th anniversary and stopped off in SLC to see my ex-wife's friend who lives there. She took us to Park City and they had some cool stuff to do in the spring.  I think I did let PCS know that we would be in his neck of the woods, but we never got together. We were only in Utah for about 3 days. 

You had to take a ski lift to the top of the track, which was about halfway up the mountain.  Another ride they had was a mini roller coaster that 1 person would sit in.  You would start at the bottom and the "car" you were in would take you up and then you would turn at the top and come back down.  You controlled how fast you go down as it had brakes.

It's the Apline Coaster that is on that page I put up.

Archived