Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Hugh increase in size of goalie equipment (and quality) and a growth of the overall size of goalies (athletically and skill wise). Additionally, there has been a large advancement of defensive tactics.

Is there something they can do to counter that and return to the style and ways of the 80's? Maybe make the goal bigger? Or do people prefer hockey today?

Weren't you around when all the Bullets/Wizards fans thought Gil could walk on water ?

I see some backpedaling going on these days. Some even defended the gun incident, the injuries, etc.

Priceless memories.

I was - back when we still used to the Wizards-specific forum to post gameday threads instead of the one-in-all thread in the Tailgate. Yes, he could walk on water, with a healthy knee. After is a very different story. I remember the term "jaded cripple" being tossed out around the forum. 

Is there something they can do to counter that and return to the style and ways of the 80's? Maybe make the goal bigger? Or do people prefer hockey today?

I really don't think so. I suspect we are stuck with the 3-2 games rather than the 7-5 games for the foreseeable future. Because, at what point can they reduce pad size and not inherently effect safety?

Making the goal bigger is an option, I guess. I don't know how good of an option it would be though.

I just don't get hockey. I don't get why Ovie is the first player and only player to score more than 60 goals in the 21st Century when it was done 25 times in the 80's and 90's. I asked a HUGE Caps fan I know (my Stepdad) why Gretzky almost scored 100 goals and now 50 is a big deal. He said back then the goalies wore **** for equipment, that they are so much better today. But last week, no lie, I was actually watching replays of Edmonton Finals games from the 80's on the NHL Network or whatever. Goalies didn't seem that much differently equipped then they are now. The game just seemed so much faster, so much smoother and fluid. If they played like that today, it would definitely be easier for me to get into hockey finally.

I've said this on numerous occasions. The NHL talks like it wants to get more fans and more casual viewers. Nobody who isn't a diehard wants to sit around and watch a 2-1 defensive hockey game where offensive skill players can't show their talent. The game needs to open up, not the point it was in the 80s, but at least to where it was in the mid-late 2000s. I mean the leading scorer this year had 87 points. That's not going to get any casual viewer excited. 

I'm glad they haven't decided to do what the NFL has and make garbage QBs throw for 4,000 yards but casual fans want to see skill guys do their thing, not be grabbed and interfered with.

I was - back when we still used to the Wizards-specific forum to post gameday threads instead of the one-in-all thread in the Tailgate.

Man those were the days. How many are still around from then? Me,you, Mboyd (Try the Beal!), Destino, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH, Vishal I think (No Excuses now--man me and him were tight as **** then. Went to a few Wiz and Nats games. Still not sure why he cut me off), skinfan2k (though he wasn't a Wiz fan then). Who am I sleeping on? I remember folks like hands11 and twenty-eight but I don't think they post anymore. I know hands doesn't.

Man those were the days. How many are still around from then? Me,you, Mboyd (Try the Beal!), Destino, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH, Vishal I think (No Excuses now--man me and him were tight as **** then. Went to a few Wiz and Nats games. Still not sure why he cut me off), skinfan2k (though he wasn't a Wiz fan then). Who am I sleeping on? I remember folks like hands11 and twenty-eight but I don't think they post anymore. I know hands doesn't.

Those were the days.  We used to try to beat each other to make the daily thread lol

Because you can't stand on skates ?

I love hockey. It's a great game and to me the most difficult physical sport there is.

I watch basketball and hockey - but I will say it's far more enjoyable to watch Ovechkin freight train his way through people than to watch Dwyane Wade cry murder after getting breathed on.

Ovechkin is a tank. This vid sums up why Ovechkin is awesome. Laughs off those weak ass cross checks and then goes Russian Machine mode. Start at 33 seconds in.

I want to look so bad to see if my whore aunt is on Ashley Madison. She already cheated on my uncle once, but they reconciled.

I don't think I'd be able to stand her presence for the rest of eternity. Should probably keep that between them. Finding out family/extended family business is pretty much opening pandora's box

Definitely looking good so far, -11 after 33 holes.

He's has to get over his Saturday blues though..and he has to win this week to keep playing this year.

I haven't seen this type of swagger in years from him.  Maybe i am getting old but Golf is becoming more and more exciting for me to watch.  

Archived