Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Because of my insane blood pressure...there is not a realistic option for good cardio besides the walking that I do all the time, or an elliptical.

what do you mean by that?  don't you NEED good cardio to help control BP? 

Also one thing I've learned from years earlier is that so many kids fail out of law school. And its just funny to sit in the Law library and listen to a lot of people talk really really highly of themselves and probably 40-50% of them won't finish.

Laugh at them if you ever get to their level of intelligence.

I'm in the same boat Taze I guess. If I can get to 280 in the next 4 years, that's gravy. After that, it's all about taking small bits out at a time.

I got a plan to drop these pounds, I just can't do it. Can't wait to finish school. I think that's why I can't seem to drop it all. From exercising to eating right, when school starts I mess up.  

Yeah, its tough in college to maintain routines.  Once you get out and can keep a steady schedule, with less stress/worrying, you will get on track.

I've been taking Adderall since like 8th grade.

Maybe I need it so it effects me differently than other people. But the one side effect that it gives me is that it kills any appetite. You basically eat the bare minimum needed to survive. And you need to force yourself to eat to. Its not uncommon to lose 7lbs a week when you first start it up again. (I went like a year without taking Adderall on 2 separate occasions) Both times I lost about 20 pounds the first month then it usually fell to about 13-15 pounds the 2nd month and then after that it gets pretty slow unless you actually work out. Gets down to maybe 5-8 per month.

When I was going ham my diet was

1 glass of milk for breakfast 

3 glasses of water and 2 cups of peanuts for lunch

1 pound of spinach and 8 ounces of fish for dinner

that was my diet 5-6 days a week for 6 months.

If you can afford it switch the a fish only diet. That will do wonders. A army recruiter told me about it I tried it and it worked like a charm. 

Take the adderall everyday to concentrate on school and a bonus side effect is that I won't pig out on fast food 2 meals a day 7 days a week. I'll just consume about 900-1000 calories a day.

Obviously if you are going to work out you need more calories. But if you're not going to work out then only consuming 1000 calories is not that bad.

One time I tried a medical diet and the plan for me was 900 calories a day I just had to take vitamins to make up for the lack of stuff. and go in once a week for a blood test to make sure I was not dying lol but thats the plan the doctors gave me. I only did that one for like 2 months because I had to go into foggy bottom every week and it was a pain in the ass so  I stopped. But in reality I'm just kind of continuing the basic premise of that diet and what they told me without going to the doctor. I haven't died yet so so far so good

Laugh at them if you ever get to their level of intelligence.

I'd say I already passed it. I'm self aware to know that spending many hours a day reading is my biggest weakness and I'd only be wasting my time and money if I attempted it. Only do something if you know you're going to finish it. Too many people go to law school just to go to law school then get their asses kicked. People have no idea at all what they are getting into when they sign up for law school 0. Just think "Oh I'm going to go to school and learn how to be a lawyer" But the reality is that law school does not teach you how to be a good lawyer it doesn't teach you how to be a lawyer at all. Its just lots and lots of readings learning the laws, court cases and procedures. Too many TV shows that show a fake portrayal of law school. Lots of lectures and then going straight to mock trials. When in reality you spend only a little time in lectures and spend like 8 hours a day in the library and spend months and months preparing for mock trials but thats not fun to think about so people forget about that.

i'm gonna put in my yearly plug for biking to work... it kicks ass.

i stopped biking at the end of October, and put on about 20 pounds... but started biking again on Monday.  (my ass muscles and back are sore!)

if past history holds true, I'll put on another 5+ pounds in the next week or two (I guess as some fat is turned back to muscle?)  and then will gradually lose weight all spring and early summer... and by July will be back <about> where i was last year.  

it is FREE exercise.  Meaning, you don't have to find time in your schedule to do it, and once you get going , you don;t really need to keep up motivation to keep making it to the gym..... you have to commute anyway, right?

seriously, I eat like crap.  and lately have been having snacks and two bourbon and cokes every night.  

(and ... ice cream .. if i could drop just THAT.. things would be pretty sanguine!)

my bike commute (around 25 miles round trip, with some pain in my ass hills on the McLean side) burns a LOT of calories, and really build up my legs, ass, and, some back muscles.. it makes my diet pretty damned forgiving.

Having listed to both Blurred Lines and Marvin Gaye's Got to Give it Up, I'm stunned that the jury sided with Gaye's family on that ruling.

I think a new dangerous precedent has been set.

I'm pissed. I'm so scared to make any beat now, sampling or not. How the hell can somebody sue me and win because our "vibe" sounds the same? What in the world?

Speaking of world... Can't believe Jason Worldis retired. That's the most shocking thing so far to me this off-season. 

My "daycare" when I had no school but parents had work from the ages of like 6-11 was sitting in the back of the classroom of my dads law courses then sitting in his office in the corner during office hours or grading papers grumbling about why someone must not be paying attention

Before I worked here I knew just how hard law school was just from hearing conversations about how many people don't make it. But working here and seeing that people have to read usually more than 100-150 pages per day of boring case study crap. I now realize that a lot of people probably have no idea in hell what they get themselves into.

Well these doctors didn't think 900 calorie diets were bad. I mean I trust a doctor more than a nutritionist. Nutritionists think its reasonable to lose 1-2 lbs a week. If you were like me and 60-70 lbs over weight you would be looking at 2 years of time required to lose weight if nothing went wrong. But if I took the extreme route and a doctor had said "Okay to this diet" as long as I was taking a certain list of vitamins and supplements that they gave me and I still had then I could cut that time from 2 years to 6 months.

My Army walk around weight was 235.

When I started working out again, I was 324.  (6'1")

6 weeks into it, I'm at 332. 

I'm building muscle like a beast.

I'll be BIG GOON again, and not because I eat too much.

Its awesome.  I feel like crap today because I'm sick and my body misses the gym.  Might go try and burn this cold out of me tonight.

Leg super sets.  Whooooooooooooo!

And yes, Doc, I have plenty of ice.

Honestly I just said **** being fat. Not going to do it anymore. Going to the extreme. No BS. No 1 lb a week. Not going to take having to put up with looking gross anymore. Tired of no girls tired of not being able to wear clothes I want, tired of spilling food on my shirt, tired of being a slob tired of all that. I was going to change my life. But after being fat for so long being told it would take 2 years to change everything that was unacceptable. I had already been so damn fat for like 3 years that I was not going to wait that  long for results. Spent 6 months losing the weight now i'm working out to turn that loose stuff into muscle and getting in shape. At least now my stomach doesn't bulge out of my shirt when I sit down. and people don't really think I'm that fat until I take my shirt off which I almost never do. Hopefully 3 months from now I'll be complete and I'll have saved about a year of time.

loving all this fitness stuff. I'm down 13 pounds since January.  Currently at 241 (I'm 6'2).  been doing nothing but calorie counting, running on the treadmill, and push ups/situps.   I'll start with weights once I hit 235.  My goal is "Chris Evans" big, aka "controlled swole."  Not all veiny forehead diesel like Doc Do itch.  dude has veins in his butt cheeks

I'm not concerned with bulging muscles.

My bone structure isn't really conducive to having big muscles.

Just want to be tone, and have MrsGoon happy.

That, and live long enough to meet my grandbabies.

If I go to the club, I'm bringing Big Goon with me. Yeah, I'm big, but this dude just said he'll be big and not because he's eating too much. Ain't nobody going to mess with me if I'm with him lol

I got your six MLS.

My Army walk around weight was 235.

When I started working out again, I was 324. (6'1")

6 weeks into it, I'm at 332.

I'm building muscle like a beast.

I'll be BIG GOON again, and not because I eat too much.

Its awesome. I feel like crap today because I'm sick and my body misses the gym. Might go try and burn this cold out of me tonight.

Leg super sets. Whooooooooooooo!

And yes, Doc, I have plenty of ice.

ML and Goon

MarkHenryvs.BigShow_crop_exact.jpg?w=650

Moco, the 1-2 lbs a week loss is what is healthy and strictly through diet for the most part.  Really, more caloric intake than anything.  I mean, I could drink my 2300 calories and not eat, but that would not be healthy.

You have to look at that for what it actually is.  Also, everyone's body is different, metabolism is different, etc. etc.   For me to lose the 23 lbs, it has me hitting that in 3 months, based only on the caloric intake.  

I've lost 4 lbs in two days.  Most likely, after two weeks of this diet, I'll have lost close to half (10-12lbs).  Which then, the 1-2 lbs a week loss will come into play more as it will start becoming harder to burn off.  Once I mix in the cardio and start doing some light weights again, I'll start building muscle mass to replace the fat.  Which I'm fine with, but it will appear that my weight loss has slowed, but I'll be getting trimmer and fit.  

Gradual weight loss doesn't shock your body either.  

loving all this fitness stuff. I'm down 13 pounds since January.  Currently at 241 (I'm 6'2).  been doing nothing but calorie counting, running on the treadmill, and push ups/situps.   I'll start with weights once I hit 235.  My goal is "Chris Evans" big, aka "controlled swole."  Not all veiny forehead diesel like Doc Do itch.  dude has veins in his butt cheeks

Awesome Chew.  See, you tipped the scale round what I thought I was gonna be tippin (254-255 range).  Hell, I had weighed 248-254, pretty much all of 2014.  I never in a million years thought I'd hit 263.  

Then you start thinking back about all those late night fatty snacks (ice cream, girl scout cookies, etc.), and splurging on some bad foods, too many times during the week (wings, ranch dressing, outback, ribs, brats, etc.) the past 3 months or so and it hits you like a bag of bricks.

I walked into the bathroom Monday morning thinking, ok, gonna be 250-255, I'll drop down to 235 pretty easy.......then bam!  Gotta add 8 ****ing more pounds to lose.

ML and Goon

No use fighting dudes like that, you'll just end up on the wrong end of a youtube "street knockouts" compilation.

Better off just shooting them. I recommend revolvers as they don't leave shell casings.

Archived