Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Also, if he put in his notice 2 weeks just a couple of months ago, he most likely has a job lined up if he wants it.  If he didn't, then that probably wasn't the best decision he was going to make.  On the other hand, he will be eligible to draw unemployment, where he wouldn't have gotten to if he worked a notice with no job lined up.

At least take solace in the fact that you are making the right decision. Can't have dudes ****ing with your bottom line, friendship or no friendship. Keeping him around wouldve shredded your credibility with the rest of your staff. He is the one who should've acted like an adult.

He probably won't want to talk to you for a minute. But eventually im sure he'll see the error of his ways and come around

I don't expect to really ever hear from him again.

Not sure how he's going to take the news.  Part of me thinks he might break down.  Part of me thinks he might get loud/violent/etc.  I'm pretty sure he will hold me responsible and he is definitely the type of person to hold a grudge.

Also, if he put in his notice 2 weeks just a couple of months ago, he most likely has a job lined up if he wants it.  If he didn't, then that probably wasn't the best decision he was going to make.  On the other hand, he will be eligible to draw unemployment, where he wouldn't have gotten to if he worked a notice with no job lined up.

We are ready to have to pay unemployment.

The way I see it; is that if you put in your two weeks, out of emotion or logic, you are then a dead employee.  It's like a girlfriend who cheats on you.  It's not the same after that.

I'd assume that he tested the waters when he put in his two weeks and couldn't find anything better.  Just my thought.

Not really on either accounts.

We have a small business, 20-30 employees.  I manage all of them except the owner and general manager.  I'm as closer than many of them than I am with my best friends.  I spend 10 hours a day with these people, several of them 5-6 days a week.  I know their wives, girlfriends, kids, etc.  It's like family.

It's a part of my job.  I've hired and fired more people than I can remember.  It's not very often that I have to let someone go that I've worked with for so long.

Yeah, its tough man.  Question, if he had already developed a bad rep, etc.  why did the owner talk him out of working his two week notice?  I understand that it might have been a second chance so to speak, and he is a kind owner, but if his performance wasn't good, etc. I would think it would be relieving that he wouldn't have to fire the guy and let him walk away.

I don't expect to really ever hear from him again.

Not sure how he's going to take the news.  Part of me thinks he might break down.  Part of me thinks he might get loud/violent/etc.  I'm pretty sure he will hold me responsible and he is definitely the type of person to hold a grudge.

We are ready to have to pay unemployment.

The way I see it; is that if you put in your two weeks, out of emotion or logic, you are then a dead employee.  It's like a girlfriend who cheats on you.  It's not the same after that.

I'd assume that he tested the waters when he put in his two weeks and couldn't find anything better.  Just my thought.

no doubt, if you have started looking or gotten to the point you have put in a notice (even if its out of frustration) you have most likely mentally checked out, even if you hang around.

Yeah, its tough man.  Question, if he had already developed a bad rep, etc.  why did the owner talk him out of working his two week notice?  I understand that it might have been a second chance so to speak, and he is a kind owner, but if his performance wasn't good, etc. I would think it would be relieving that he wouldn't have to fire the guy and let him walk away.

no doubt, if you have started looking or gotten to the point you have put in a notice (even if its out of frustration) you have most likely mentally checked out, even if you hang around.

Well, the owner doesn't like confrontation (although he ultimately created a larger confrontation this way).  I think he's a bit of a **** when it comes to things like this.  His performance wasn't poor, it was his work ethic and attitude.  This will hurt our business in the short term but should help it in the long run.  I'm thinking future here.

He sounds like an asshole.

He fired himself. I would certainly let him know that. You shouldn't have to feel guilty for anything and I sure as hell wouldn't let him throw it on me either. You could only hold his hand for so long

He's a nice guy outside of work and I generally like him.  It's the working relationship that is strained.

As far as I know, it will only be known that we are severing ties and not listing any specific reasons.  I think that is the most professional way to ensure that it ends amicably on both ends.

People don't play Madden because it's not that good. Peyton Manning has 12 touchdowns in a simmed season. The logic is buggy. 

It doesn't matter if it's against the computer it's still fun. Only in NBA 2k15 would the Sixers be 2-2 and 3rd place in the division. It's a fun fantasy which is a lot better than the real deal. You can actually make trades to improve the team. And there is no way I'm tanking the Sixers. The offense revolves around MCW and Mbah A Moute and Alexey Shvod. Shvod just bombing away from downtown lol 

People don't play Madden because it's not that good. Peyton Manning has 12 touchdowns in a simmed season. The logic is buggy. 

It doesn't matter if it's against the computer it's still fun. Only in NBA 2k15 would the Sixers be 2-2 and 3rd place in the division. It's a fun fantasy which is a lot better than the real deal. You can actually make trades to improve the team. And there is no way I'm tanking the Sixers. The offense revolves around MCW and Mbah A Moute and Alexey Shvod. Shvod just bombing away from downtown lol 

I dunno, to each their own bro.  For me, it's about the online, multiplayer, mano vs mano experience.  Or even playing against friends over at the house drinking some beers.  I like the chess match, trying to figure what the other person is doing, stopping them and their game plan.  Adjusting my game plan to something that works. 

I don't get the same "rush" (if you can call it that) playing against the AI of the CPU.  That goes for just about every game I play.  Sure I don't mind playing the CPU here and there or PvE in the mmorpgs etc. but I prefer the end game of PvP.  

It boils down to my competitive nature that runs through my veins.  Everyone on my dads side of the family has it, including the girls (my daughter and cousins daughters).  

Again, I also suck horribly at the NBA games, so even playing the CPU wasn't fun for me, it was actually frustrating.  Madden is the only NFL game we get, so as a diehard Redskins/NFL fan, I play it and work around/ignore the flaws/cheese.  I actually think the game play is fine, at least from an online head to head/connected franchise perspective.  

But the fun in the game is making a bad team good and doing what idiot owners wouldn't do in real life. You can't be a NBA GM in real life. You can't make trades. But you can in-game. And you can make your own team and coach them to a championship. And you can't do that online. 

Been heavily involved in franchise building and championship winning for decades now, the thrill of a playoff series, even if it's a video game...it's amazing. 

So, on Friday I am going to have to let a long time coworker go.  

There is all the reason in the world that this employee should be terminated.

I agree with Sin and have always told people... I have never fired an employee. They fire themselves.

Guidelines, rules, accountability, professionalism, responsibility, talent, etc., are all taken into account.

You are in a situation where you are doing what you have to do, because he forced your hand. If you don't fire the guy he will feel invincible and untouchable. Then it will trickle down to the rest of the staff, and that's the last thing you want.

Not saying you are trying to make an example of the guy, but again...when you have no choice. That's that.

It. **** he so mad but whatever. We in the age where we have to be honest with one another.

Drinking tonight Doc ?

Learn this word. Bammas. It does not refer to race or any religion...just phony, punk, fake...bammas.

Yeah bro. I wouldn't have gone that hard until he went into some bs about his major. All the gloves went off. Honestly, I don't regret it. Its the truth and regardless of how it leaves our relationship, he needed to hear it.

So you are drunk.

Take your flexible ankles to bed looking ass.

Edit that post though.

Don't pull a Slacky.

It. **** he so mad but whatever. We in the age where we have to be honest with one another.
Yeah bro. I wouldn't have gone that hard until he went into some bs about his major. All the gloves went off. Honestly, I don't regret it. Its the truth and regardless of how it leaves our relationship, he needed to hear it.

Nothing wrong with calling it like it is.

Sober up and we can talk about this crap later. I have to be up by 5 your time.

Sup, Ankles.

Oh, God...nearly had a bust-out laughing moment waaayyy toooo early for hubby...holy...too

Stroker and Springy......all the talk last night about music got me thinking about ****.  Just growing up, listening to the radio as a young Taze on a radio alarm clock going to bed.  

Moving the antenna around, trying to pick up "that station" even though a lot wouldn't come in clear, especially living in the foothills/mountains of NC.  I think I may have brought this up in here before (a while back), but Tazette hasn't had that experience and I was going to buy her one for Christmas, but honestly never got around to it (considering we had bought her a ton of stuff already).

I'm gonna pull the trigger.  Every kid should have a radio to go to sleep to and listen to tunes, find themselves.  Hell, I'm gonna buy one for myself too.  

I very vividly remember those days.  I remember in 7th grade when I got the radio/cassette recorder thingy...I recorded an Eagles interview from "The Long Run" album that was epic, Joe Walsh was actually thinking of running for POTUS, lol...there's writing on the vinyl part of the album next to the label that was explained...and an interview with Van Halen from "Women & Children First", when Eddie declared that if you can't come out on stage in boxer shorts with one white light bulb & be able to knock people off their feet, you're nothing.  (Both of these were in the middle of the night, I'd wake up & just hit the "record" button, and the gems I got!)

I don't even think I have those tapes anymore, but I remember the conversations, and that was damn near 40 years ago. 

Archived