stevenaa

Random Thought Thread

That Conan vid was great, ST, thanks for posting it.  :lol:

I love Lynch---bet Joe Gibbs would have, too. 

• Like 1

Rant on:  So help me,if someone else in my age group post one more dumb **** statement about how "we were this,we were that" and that's why we were better kids than today's kids,I'm going to blow Facebook up with some immature,nasty,but needed vent/rant. Cripes. Just because our parents did certain things,we did certain things,doesn't make them right or cool or whatever. 

I still reserve the right to be a curmudgeon though. ;) 

• Like 4

Back in action after spending yesterday home sick...yuck. Back at about 90%.

In regards to boxing, only being 27 takes my early memories to watching the big PPV fights with my dad in the early to mid 90s. A lot of Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, Tyson, Morrison, the end of Foreman's career. It was my excuse to stay up late as a kid lol. After the first couple I started to really enjoy the sport though. But I've always hated the PPV aspect. I mean hey, make your money, I understand. But I hate it as a fan. I never got to experience what it was like to watch a true heavyweight championship bout on network TV. It's easy for folks to forget that there was a time when boxing was king not just in America but all over the globe. I like the way that UFC is putting out more worthwhile content outside of the PPV realm. And no, I'm not saying that there isn't ever any good boxing on TV outside of PPVs. I'm well aware that it's where you see the real up and coming talent.

Rant on:  So help me,if someone else in my age group post one more dumb **** statement about how "we were this,we were that" and that's why we were better kids than today's kids,I'm going to blow Facebook up with some immature,nasty,but needed vent/rant. Cripes. Just because our parents did certain things,we did certain things,doesn't make them right or cool or whatever. 

I still reserve the right to be a curmudgeon though. ;)

It's kinda the same way I continuously see folks in my age range posting stuff about how "If you watched this, played with this, had one of these blah blah blah you had an awesome childhood." Or how people can't seem to differentiate going through childhood/adolescence and their experiences and things they did and liked and the time that they did it in. It's not awesome because of the decade that it happened in. It's awesome because it was happening to you when you were a kid. It's called nostalgia. And it hits everyone for one reason or another. Like the 90s weren't awesome to you because of the programming, toys, and events specifically coming out in the 90s. They were awesome to you because you were experiencing them as a kid and it just happened to be happening in the 90s. That **** is so annoying lol.

• Like 2

I remember having a blast watching Tuesday Night fights on USA back in the early and mid 80's. That and some boxing on ESPN. Up and comers,some never destined to be,and few soon to be superstars all on that show. It was a blast to watch. 

• Like 2

You guys see this last night? Too funny!

That was freaking awesome!  Conan can come up with some funny arse bits!

HTTR!

Edited by arftech
  • Like 1

If someones breast implant was to pop would that also be deflategate? 

Lol You are aware that implants aren't just boob balloons inflated with air right?

Lol You are aware that implants aren't just boob balloons inflated with air right?

You just blew his mind.

I heard a story on the news about how local girls would go to this guy who would put in butt implants... at a hotel. Like how ****ing stupid can you be?

Got turkey chili in the crockpot and a protein peanut butter chocolate cheesecake cooling in the fridge. The wife better at least pay out with an old fashioned or something tonight haha

• Like 1

They were awesome to you because you were experiencing them as a kid and it just happened to be happening in the 90s. That **** is so annoying lol.

Pretty much covers a lot if it. No matter what the decade.  The latest one to just about send me over the edge was another of those spanking ones. "My parents spanking me led to a condition. It's called Respect for others."  How stupid is that? Spanking did no such thing. It may have prevented an overt showing of disrespect,but it certainly didn't teach it. Yeeeeeeeeeesh. It's like some other stuff they post. "Holy ****. Man it's a good thing we didn't do stupid **** like __________ when we were kids."  Then promptly brag about how they jumped bikes without a helmet and slid on hot metal slide when they were kids. Doh. 

• Like 2

Every generation is/was full of stupid. It's just the mode of executing that stupid and how we have access to it has changed. I wouldn't light myself on fire and post it on YouTube, yet slid down an icy hill on an old car hood. If I we're to guess id say the dumbass ratings we're about the same.

Lol curmudgeon.

Edited by DaGoonie55
  • Like 1

Lol You are aware that implants aren't just boob balloons inflated with air right?

$ to donuts he's the guy who says they feel like bags of sand.

am I the only one who hated watching Lennox Lewis fight. That was some boring ass boxing most of the time.

Anyone else remember a boxer named Prince Naseem Hamed

Greatest entrances in boxing history. Look them up on youtube. He wasn't a bad boxer. But watching him fight was maddening. He ran away 1/2 the time, but landed his punches and won.

Edited by rictus58

The generalizations get annoying too. I was on another board a couple weeks ago that I've noticed has less folks my age or near it. Most of them tend to be about a generation older or more. A topic came up about "Millenials". Oh my god, that place lit up like a Christmas tree with post after post just bashing the **** out of anyone born in the 80s and after based on a couple run ins with a few lazy nimrods who couldn't put their cell phones down.

Meanwhile, you don't hear a peep of any of that crap when something goes wrong with their computer. Or if their cell phone does something they didn't expect.

This morning I bought tickets to see Faith No More in May. Somehow I was lucky enough to secure them in the 45 seconds before scalpers hoarded them all for resale. I've been wanting to see them since I was in middle school. I've seen every other Mike Patton project live but I never thought they'd get back together.

Moco probanly shouldn't speak on anything other than super-underground horror rap.

*laughs nervously while glancing at the Gravediggaz vinyl sitting on my shelf*

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy
  • Like 2

This morning I bought tickets to see Faith No More in May. Somehow I was lucky enough to secure them in the 45 seconds before scalpers hoarded them all for resale. I've been wanting to see them since I was in middle school. I've seen every other Mike Patton project live but I never thought they'd get back together.

Is Jim Martin back in the fold? If not, Blah.

Angel Dust is my favorite album, but I honestly would rather listen to King For A Day... or Album of the Year before Introduce Yourself*. Martin was never the major selling point of that band for me.

*Except Woodpeckers From Mars, one of my favorite instrumental metal tracks ever.

The generalizations get annoying too. I was on another board a couple weeks ago that I've noticed has less folks my age or near it. Most of them tend to be about a generation older or more. A topic came up about "Millenials". Oh my god, that place lit up like a Christmas tree with post after post just bashing the **** out of anyone born in the 80s and after based on a couple run ins with a few lazy nimrods who couldn't put their cell phones down.

Meanwhile, you don't hear a peep of any of that crap when something goes wrong with their computer. Or if their cell phone does something they didn't expect.

Yep. Know that one too. Like you said,the generalizations get old. Since I'm on a roll ;)   another recent one that popped up amongst those in my age group. "I was taught to never throw the first punch,but you can damn well be sure I'll take the last one."   :huh:   . I responded with "I learned to consolidate. I throw the first and last one."  That went over well.  :lol:

• Like 1

Angel Dust is my favorite album, but I honestly would rather listen to King For A Day... or Album of the Year before Introduce Yourself*. Martin was never the major selling point of that band for me.

*Except Woodpeckers From Mars, one of my favorite instrumental metal tracks ever.

Angel dust was ahead of its time.

Personally, I couldn't get into King for a Day for some reason. Can't put my finger on why exactly.

I do love me some Mr. Bungle though.

I do love me some Mr. Bungle though.

Somehow I managed to catch Mr. Bungle live without ever seeing FNM. I've always found that bizarre.

As a Mr. Bungle fan though, might I recommend you check out the band Man Man? They've been putting out some of my favorite records this past decade and are definitely very influenced by the band. Particularly their older albums. Phenomenal music and great live shows, particularly when they do double headliner shows with Gogol Bordello.

Things get weird.

• Like 1