Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

While not technically over, I simply don't think that this team can come back from that, especially with the way the rest of the NFC East is playing. It's over.

Couldn't agree more.  Most likely Philly and the Boys are headed for a 10 win season, maybe 9-7.  We go down 1-4, there is no way I can see this team going 9-2 the remainder of the season to make it a race, much less 10-1 to clinch.  

Couldn't agree more. Most likely Philly and the Boys are headed for 10 win seasons, we go down 1-4, there is no way I can see this team going 9-2 the remainder of the season to make it a race, much less 10-1 to clinch.

Not to mention basically every other division is at least two deep with better teams that could make the playoffs right now

Sure are a lot of debbie downers around this week.

It's a game. Entertainment for us, not a paycheck.

Crazy. I am not just talking about football either.

Bunch of quitters. It's not even Monday yet.

I'm not giving up on them, never will.  But I'm a realist.  I think we should have won the Houston and Philly games.  We should be 3-1 right now.   But it didn't work out that way.  It's incredibly hard and takes an insanely talented team to pull off win streaks of that caliber in the NFL. 

We don't have the o-line or defense to pull that off, imo.  We have an offense with the potential to be high powered week in and week out, but we still lack a solid o-line.  Our secondary is still horrible and built to play with a lead.   

Toss in injuries to our star QB, TE, CB, etc.  In order to have a legit chance, this team was going to have to stay near 100% healthy, it didn't, so I don't like our chances if we start the season 1-4.  

Anyone have a quick tutorial to post gifs from a mobile device?

Find gif in separate tab, hold finger on pic/gif til you get a pop up. Select either "properties" and copy paste, or "copy image url."

Then manually type in ES pastelinkhere

Edit: silly Internet (or me lol), but my image codes aren't there

What are you talking about?

The Nats fans, the Terps fans, the Redskins fans...

How do you give up before it's over (many before the game has even started) ? It's pathetic. I am optimistic until there is clearly no chance. The Nationals still have a chance a slim chance, but a chance. Redskins have a chance the game has not even started yet. Terps are not expected to be great this year and still are in the games except this Saturday...unless you were optimistic enough to believe they were going to be in the playoffs.

I am not saying for people not to keep it real. I am saying for them not to be so damn dramatic as if it is some life changing moment.

How do you give up before it's over (many before the game has even started) ? It's pathetic. I am optimistic until there is clearly no chance. The Nationals still have a chance a slim chance, but a chance. Redskins have a chance the game has not even started yet. Terps are not expected to be great this year and still are in the games except this Saturday...unless you were optimistic enough to believe they were going to be in the playoffs.

I am not saying for people not to keep it real. I am saying for them not to be so damn dramatic as if it is some life changing moment.

Because we've all seen these stories before and it's best to prepare your mind for the reality you know is coming.

The Jests stink!!!

How do you give up before it's over (many before the game has even started) ? It's pathetic. I am optimistic until there is clearly no chance. The Nationals still have a chance a slim chance, but a chance. Redskins have a chance the game has not even started yet. Terps are not expected to be great this year and still are in the games except this Saturday...unless you were optimistic enough to believe they were going to be in the playoffs.

Oh, okay. I'll never give up on them, but sometimes you have to call it how you see it. So far they have not consistently shown themselves to be capable of getting out of their own way.

Seattle aint invincible. They are a mortal road team, and while they are still stingy, they aren't the defense they were a year ago. They can be beaten, but they have to play their best game of the season by far, across the board.

If they lose, they lose. They don't pay my bills. Won't be passed or bummed. Sack up, get guys healthy, try to fight for .500

All I ask is that at least once, we hit "Danger-Russ" so hard that it looks like he came out of an ACME cartoon

Sherman too. Punk passes. Death to Seattle

I'm not giving up on them, never will.  But I'm a realist.  I think we should have won the Houston and Philly games.  We should be 3-1 right now.   But it didn't work out that way.  It's incredibly hard and takes an insanely talented team to pull off win streaks of that caliber in the NFL. 

Were the last 2 teams that lost in the playoffs insanely talented ?

They had some runs during the season. That game when the knocked out Alexander...blown chance. They should have had that one easily.

Because we've all seen these stories before and it's best to prepare your mind for the reality you know is coming.

The Jests stink!!!

Quitter mentality. 

Were the last 2 teams that lost in the playoffs insanely talented ?

They had some runs during the season. That game when the knocked out Alexander...blown chance. They should have had that one easily.

Not insanely talented on both sides of the ball simultaneously, but in 2005 and 2007, we had top 10 defenses and a top 10 rushing attack in 2005, #12 in 2007.  That coupled with a solid offensive line.

Now 2012, while our defense sucked the first half of the season, we still had the #5 overall offense and #1 overall rushing attack.  While our o-line was not great, RGIII was healthy for the majority of the season and masked just how horrible our pass blocking was.  

That 7 win streak to take the division was awesome, but we don't have the team to pull off the run it will most likely take to make it in as a wild card.  Especially if we drop to 1-4, I think the chances are something like 12% to make the playoffs at that point.  Sure there is a chance, but after watching this team start out 7-1 and 6-2 and fail to make the playoffs in years past, I'm not betting on their chances lol.

Archived