Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I think he's still upset that his Braves blew chunks this year

Maybe. :)

But seriously, they all will lose. I'm just calling it like I see it.

1. Maryland sucks.

2. Detroit isn't getting swept.

3. We aren't beating Seattle.

Edit: wtf is with Maryland's uniforms? That has got to be the ugliest helmet in CFB. Seriously, what were they thinking?!

Drafting a QB this year is a headscratcher. What you do is solidify both lines, and give your QB one final year to prove himself. They'll more than likely take up the fifth year option on his contract. Find a non project RT and 2 guards. Unless theres a safety on our radar that isnt a bum or a non tackling pussie, thats what I'd do

^^this 100%

Bringing in 2nd and 3rd stringers from other teams to start on our o-line baffles me.  People kept wanting to argue how Shanny did address the oline, sure, but outside of Trent, all those picks in late rounds don't mean ****.  

We need to bring in the best RT in FA and draft the best LG we can and RG either draft of FA.  I'd take a Center over a RG if it came down to it.  At least RGIII or Kirk's blind side would be best protected and one entire side would be protected.  Football starts in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

But we probably will probably move down for more picks and waste them on project players and miss on our first round pick too.  Probably will take a guy that would have fallen to the second.

This seems like the most logical approach. Too bad we rwill probably end up doing something crazy instead like taking the Jimmy Winston guy.

I agree. This is not the year to be drafting a QB. There is no franchise QB in this draft.

Like Sin stated, we need to shore up other areas of the team and give Griffin one last shot to prove himself.

Baseball sucks

It is hard to get into. I dont watch anywhere near as much as I used to, back when I rooted for the Marlins, but I do watch when there are good matchups and high stakes.

Football has been losing me for about 3 years straight though. Been watching more tennis, NBA, and even baseball combined then I can ever remember

Drafting a QB this year is a headscratcher. What you do is solidify both lines, and give your QB one final year to prove himself. They'll more than likely take up the fifth year option on his contract. Find a non project RT and 2 guards. Unless theres a safety on our radar that isnt a bum or a non tackling pussie, thats what I'd do

oh I agree wholeheartedly. But doing the logical thing in the draft isn't what this club is known for, sadly. How many years have we needed to address the line(s) in the draft?

It is hard to get into. I dont watch anywhere near as much as I used to, back when I rooted for the Marlins, but I do watch when there are good matchups and high stakes.

Football has been losing me for about 3 years straight though. Been watching more tennis, NBA, and even baseball combined then I can ever remember

I really don't understand how people are losing interest in the NFL. Goodell sucking isn't ever going to make me lose interest. Neither is my team sucking. I love my team too much. Plus there is fantasy FB.

Now CFB? I've totally lost interest. But the new playoff system could slowly win me back.

oh I agree wholeheartedly. But doing the logical thing in the draft isn't what this club is known for, sadly. How many years have we needed to address the line(s) in the draft?

It eventually pays off. Just look at Dallas. Their OL is nasty.

I really don't understand how people are losing interest in the NFL. Goodell sucking isn't ever going to make me lose interest. Neither is my team sucking. I love my team too much. Plus there is fantasy FB.

Now CFB? I've totally lost interest. But the new playoff system could slowly win me back.

Speaking of which, wings are in the oven and should be ready in time to eat while watching my Noles stomp a mud hole in Wake Forest.  

Well, I almost made it six years at the job without an injury. Today, I finally got one. Lifting up items from the ground, I sliced my head on a plastic water bottle holder for the pups. People think, "oh, puppy store, easy job." Nah dude, they are filthy little creatures, and we are always working hard and fast to keep it sanitary. Didn't hurt, didn't bleed much at all, I was just really angry at myself. 11 stitches.

1235892_10154650053235290_85976544933268

10178095_10154650053320290_6212366714717

10659450_10154650053280290_5543152624034

There's a lot of things to it.

The main reason for me is that the refs can more-or-less determine the outcome of the game. The penalties get out of hand and takes the flow out of the game. Teams regularly get "gifted" scores because of penalties. Teams regularly lose a possession because of penalties. I'm not if favor of taking penalties out of the game but they determine the score of games more than something like "we played without discipline".

In relation to penalties I think that the consequences don't always match the penalty. 10 yard for holding? Aside from killing a play it usually also costs a drive. Pass interference at the spot of the foul? Sure why not give someone 40 yards just like that! I think holding should be 5 yards and PI should have a yardage cap, maybe 15 yards at most.

Then there are the players themselves. The vast majority of the players are in it for the money. They have no allegiance to the team they play for. They are trying to make the most amount of money, sustaining the least amount of injury, in the shortest amount of time. Very few players show a true love of the game (compared to years gone by). I understand that this whole statement is completely subjective.

The excessive celebration and the general culture of the league.

I suggested someone started a thread about this subject but it never materialized.

Damn... stroker looks like he caught a hat slice from Kung Lao.

FLAWLESS VICTORY

Jk. I remember slicing the heel of my foot similar to that many years ago, and how much of a **** it was to keep it clean

Lmao! Kung Lao's hat slice! Gotta pop in Mortal Kombat II now! ****! Bouta' break every one of those things that cut me with a Liu Kang Bicycle kick. Damn.

Hahahaha, I love yall man. God damn the girls I work with on the weekends are great. As I was leaving I said, "well no more chicks for me!" One of 'em responded "chicks dig scars!" Then I made a motion to my face as if I were slicing it up. They were like nooooo not that many! Then I thought to myself mmhmm I'm gonna be sexay now. Bigass scar. Chyeah!

Not to mention commercial breaks after every other play, seemingly. Say what you will about sports like baseball and hockey and even soccer, when you're watching them on TV, the commercial breaks are spread out much more and are much less obnoxious. 

This. The commercials are killing me these days. 

Wait are you a bot ? With a baby now ??? Mind blown !!!

Baby making bot. Me and mini me. It's crazy Austin Powers type ****.

Seems like on days that I'm active in the RTT the thread can push 3 pages a day easily. On days when I'm not this thread might get 10 posts

I am the engine!

Stop being a dweeb.

Archived