Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I hate when people post stupid motivational or "truth" quotes on Facebook.

Why?

Personally I love quotes/proverbs. They help give you perspective/understanding, and can get you through a rough day, and also serve as motivation to improve every aspect of your life.

Went to grab a beer from the beer fridge in the garage and it's running hot......****ing gremlins.  Anyhow, on another note.  We buy blu-ray movies and some HD digital movies (on Vudu), yet I find my wife watching the same movies on regular TV with commercials, edited and sometimes on a non-HD channel.......WTF?

Why?

Personally I love quotes/proverbs. They help give you perspective/understanding, and can get you through a rough day, and also serve as motivation to improve every aspect of your life.

Because most of the time it is a false quote. For example someone posts a picture of the wife from the Cosby show with quotes "We didn't raise our kids to have $100 Jordans and other Swag" Please the Cosby show never mentioned "swag"

And I'm all for "conspiracy" theories but people posting nonsense like "In 1965 the US government found that Cannabis was a cure for cancer" with some BS "US official seal" on the piece of computer paper. Please you look like a damn fool.

Because most of the time it is a false quote. For example someone posts a picture of the wife from the Cosby show with quotes "We didn't raise our kids to have $100 Jordans and other Swag" Please the Cosby show never mentioned "swag"

And I'm all for "conspiracy" theories but people posting nonsense like "In 1965 the US government found that Cannabis was a cure for cancer" with some BS "US official seal" on the piece of computer paper. Please you look like a damn fool.

Lolwut

I wouldn't call those motivational lol. And I am instantly reminded of one of the reasons why I left FB

That first one would be classified as a meme. It's but that Clare said it, it's somebody else saying it but using get facial expression to compliment the saying...

That second one is stupidity. You can't fix that. Lol

That first one would be classified as a meme. It's but that Clare said it, it's somebody else saying it but using get facial expression to compliment the saying...

That second one is stupidity. You can't fix that. Lol

I would agree with you but memes are only memes if they are good and clever. That is not good. Therefore that is not a meme.

I hate when people come into the change the name thread, that obviously have not read through it.

Educate yourself...Many times they bring valid arguments. However most times they have already been discussed.

If you want people to agree or disagree with your take on the topic read through the thread and learn what has already been hashed over.

Then make a new point of discussion to add to it, not detract from it.

You know, I wonder why I even keep going back in there.

It's just one more member of this board bowing out of the conversation and admitting defeat. People admitting that asshats like UnWise Mike were right all along and we have been disparaging Natives for decades. I can't agree with that and I don't think that anything I say will change people's opinions.

I'll just continue to hold my opinion of the team and view those that are pro name change as weak willed.

These conspiracy talk reminds me, I was on campus and some dude handing out papers, I take some to be nice. I read it, starts about the government experiment on people and some stuff about Vietnam. I was thinking this is kinda interesting even though probably fake, I keep reading and at the bottom it says, remember we are just trying aware people of human experimentation. So, I'm thinking cool. Flip the page, and paper starts talking about how all these experiments on humans are to take our human rights away and specifically those wth the 2nd amendment and which is their explanation to all the school shootings. I just kinda loled.

You know, I wonder why I even keep going back in there.

It's just one more member of this board bowing out of the conversation and admitting defeat. People admitting that asshats like UnWise Mike were right all along and we have been disparaging Natives for decades. I can't agree with that and I don't think that anything I say will change people's opinions.

I'll just continue to hold my opinion of the team and view those that are pro name change as weak willed.

I keep going expecting a new talking point. It simply is not occurring. It's silly really.

I don't want to change the name or logo and it sickens me that one in particular seemingly looks forward to it and encourages it. Then others have fallen into the media hyperbole as well. Quite disgusting way to view our once proud and united fanbase. If the name was so horrid...why in the hell would you post on this website at all ?

Anyway. Thanks for letting me vent.

These conspiracy talk reminds me, I was on campus and some dude handing out papers, I take some to be nice. I read it, starts about the government experiment on people and some stuff about Vietnam. I was thinking this is kinda interesting even though probably fake, I keep reading and at the bottom it says, remember we are just trying aware people of human experimentation. So, I'm thinking cool. Flip the page, and paper starts talking about how all these experiments on humans are to take our human rights away and specifically those wth the 2nd amendment and which is their explanation to all the school shootings. I just kinda loled.

My theory on that type of stuff is that those people are really paid actors and no one is really that crazy. They get paid to yell about how we need to take up arms and go kill people to get our rights back and they are always yelling and seem belligerent and what they are really doing is being paid to discredit true alternative news. Thats what I think of Alex Jones. I think he is one of those people paid to act crazy so that when people think of alternative news they think of Alex Jones yelling and being belligerent and then they dismiss the idea as crazy before even thinking about it. God damn Alex Jones!!! :)

It always starts out relatively benign, but almost like a rollercoaster ride, they keep taking the conspiracy higher and higher up the chain, until you plunge into the abyss. I know, because I used to be one (sort of...... I was a UFO nut) until I woke up.

But there are people out there that have a conspiracy for everything. I know because I used to see them post on sites like Disclose.tv. Your jaw would drop at the **** they'd say. So much belief in their conspiracy theories that you have no idea what they do and how they do it on a day to day basis. These people legitimately believe with a straight face that the government is out to kill them, that it is controlled by a shadow gov't, and that said shadow gov't is controlled by Reptilians, who have infiltrated all secret societies and are responsible for all religions and other mumbo jumbo, and created humans as a slave race. Not to mention that the weather is controlled by he gov't, who will "Create" earthquakes, hurricanes, etc, to wipe out cities and usher the entire globe into the New World Order, wiping out a third of its population. And there's the whole tv brainwave manipulation theory, which sounds a lot like what the Navy Yard shooter was going on about.

One of my biggest gripes with how much society allows this crap, is whats stopping a person like that (who truly believes it) from doing something rash?

Seriously, they are told that nordic/reptilian alien beings have mated with humans to create hybrids that are seen out in public, and could be anyone. So whats to stop some paranoid retard who thinks that small group of children at the daycare are reptilians, or that family that just moved in down the street was planted there to monitor you by reptilians? That type of paranoia destroys whatever common sense/cognitive reasoning you originally had, and turns you into someone that is capable of anything.

Someone who truly believes that isn't going to do a peaceful protest Downtown. They're going to stock up on weapons, grow a beard, move into the wilderness, and start prepping for the end of the world, organizing a preemptive strike. Then they're going to recruit others from economically depressed areas (the most vulnerable) and brainwash them. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Pretty crazy to think about.

Archived