Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Anyone know anything about cowbirds? Found a bluebird nest on the front porch. Couple of bluebird eggs in it...along with a couple of cowbird eggs. Technically illegal for me to remove but whatever. I just want to know if it's worth it. Seeing some things saying cowbirds check up on things and sometimes destroy the entire nest if their eggs are evicted. Don't want that. Can't figure out how likely that is though

Anyone know anything about cowbirds? Found a bluebird nest on the front porch. Couple of bluebird eggs in it...along with a couple of cowbird eggs. Technically illegal for me to remove but whatever. I just want to know if it's worth it. Seeing some things saying cowbirds check up on things and sometimes destroy the entire nest if their eggs are evicted. Don't want that. Can't figure out how likely that is though

How is it illegal for you to remove?  

Edit:  They don't appear to be endangered.  

Anyone know anything about cowbirds? Found a bluebird nest on the front porch. Couple of bluebird eggs in it...along with a couple of cowbird eggs. Technically illegal for me to remove but whatever

No one will notice  :)

Lower the boom on that m'fer quicklike.

Back when my dad put up birdhouses every other week he would take them down and clean out the cowbird eggs

I'm looking into getting a fan of some type for my room. I've already gone on record as saying that the house I'm in is a piece of ****. Air only circulates in 1 level. We keep downstairs cool for company, and since there's actually cable down there (no cable in any of the upstairs rooms or the basement) and since thats where we generally chill.

But upstairs can get really muggy, even when its relatively pleasant outside like it is today. One of those elaborate portable $500 AC units are a little too rich for my blood (don't want to shell out that kind of money if I can help it) but I at least want something thats better than the average fan. Any ideas?

I'm looking into getting a fan of some type for my room. I've already gone on record as saying that the house I'm in is a piece of ****. Air only circulates in 1 level. We keep downstairs cool for company, and since there's actually cable down there (no cable in any of the upstairs rooms or the basement) and since thats where we generally chill.

But upstairs can get really muggy, even when its relatively pleasant outside like it is today. One of those elaborate portable $500 AC units are a little too rich for my blood (don't want to shell out that kind of money if I can help it) but I at least want something thats better than the average fan. Any ideas?

Just get one of those box fans they sell at Walgreens. Think I paid about $20 for mine. I keep my house cool, so I don't need it blowing on me when I'm sleeping. I bought it for the sound. Helps me sleep better.

Reflect heat somehow?

Place where I'm currently living has free electricity and water. It a cool 68 degrees.

I have zero knowledge of stuff like that beyond blinds ( that don't work), because my room is like ground zero when the sun is out. Beats down right on it. My brother sleeps on the opposite side of the house, and my friend sleeps in the basement. I am left to face the wrath  of Ra....

Besides, we're renting. Don't think anything you're talking about would even be allowed, especially with our ridiculous homeowners

Just get one of those box fans they sell at Walgreens. Think I paid about $20 for mine. I keep my house cool, so I don't need it blowing on me when I'm sleeping. I bought it for the sound. Helps me sleep better.

That one of those things that you can put ice in?

No. It's just a cheap fan they sell practically anywhere. Probably all you need. Especially if your room isn't that big. One of those fans with 3 speeds.

Meh, I'm willing to pay more for something that might be a little better. I have an old Holmes revolving (or whatever you call it) fan that isn't getting the job done. Not sure if a box fan would be all that much better.

Been looking at these "Air cooler" things. But some pics brought me to this site called aliexpress.com. Never ordered anything from there before. Don't know if I want to.

Just tired of tossing and turning because of the indoor temps.

I remember buying a small AC unit from Home Depot for around 150. It cooled the entire apartment. You just had to fit it into a window. It was great.

This was around 5 years ago.

Yeah that sounds pretty good. $150 just so happens to be my tipping point. I still want to look into these air coolers though. People around here will probably look down on an ac unit  sitting in a window (snooty ****es), pus the homeowners, so that is probably a last resort

One million Dollhairs to whoever can tell me what this list is...

Sam 17 years, 53 days 1

Tip 9 years, 350 days 2

John W. 8 years, 344 days 3

Dennis 7 years, 359 days 4

Champ 6 years, 357 days 5

Henry 6 years, 231 days 6

Carl 5 years, 337 days 7

Joseph Gurney 5 years, 285 days 8

Tom 5 years, 209 days 9

James G. 5 years, 93 days 10

Frederick H. 4 years, 341 days 11

Schuyler 4 years, 176 days 12

Thomas Brackett 4 years, 172 days 13

Nicholas 4 years, 133 days 14

William B. 4 years, 102 days 15

Andrew 4 years, 83 days 16

Joseph William, Jr. 4 years 17

Nancy 3 years, 363 days 18

Newt 3 years, 361 days 19

Nathaniel 3 years, 317 days 20

John G. 3 years, 267 days 21

Samuel J. 3 years, 215 days 22

John 3 years, 153 days 23

Frederick 3 years, 64 days 24

Joseph Bradley 3 years, 49 days 25

Jonathan 3 years, 14 days 26

Charles Frederick 2 years, 295 days 27

James K. 2 years, 268 days 28

Linn 2 years, 182 days 29

David B. 2 years, 182 days 30

Jim 2 years, 151 days 31

John 1 year, 277 days 32

Galusha A. 1 year, 243 days 33

John W. 1 year, 198 days 34

Henry Thomas 1 year, 163 days 35

Joseph Sr. 1 year, 153 days 36

Jonathan Jr. 1 year, 131 days 37

John Wesley 1 year, 93 days 38

Theodore 1 year, 92 days 39

Philip Pendleton 1 year, 90 days 40

John Winston 1 year, 90 days 41

J. Warren 1 year, 89 days 42

Robert Charles 1 year, 88 days 43

James Lawrence 1 year, 87 days 44

John Nance 1 year, 87 days 45

Robert M. T. 1 year, 78 days 46

Howell 1 year, 72 days 47

Langdon 1 year, 44 days 48

William 1 year, 31 days

Nathaniel 1 year, 30 days

John 275 days

Michael 257 days

Lol there is no way in hell I am going to do that around here. I'd probably do that, go to sleep, and wake up woosy in a dumpster in New Mexico

If you got a window go ahead and get you a window AC. We don't have central air, so we relied on window ACs for years. Just brought one from The Depot. It's very good.

That combined with a fan will have you feeling like you're in Antarctica...

One million Dollhairs to whoever can tell me what this list is...

Sam 17 years, 53 days 1

Tip 9 years, 350 days 2

John W. 8 years, 344 days 3

Dennis 7 years, 359 days 4

Champ 6 years, 357 days 5

Henry 6 years, 231 days 6

Carl 5 years, 337 days 7

Joseph Gurney 5 years, 285 days 8

Tom 5 years, 209 days 9

James G. 5 years, 93 days 10

Frederick H. 4 years, 341 days 11

Schuyler 4 years, 176 days 12

Thomas Brackett 4 years, 172 days 13

Nicholas 4 years, 133 days 14

William B. 4 years, 102 days 15

Andrew 4 years, 83 days 16

Joseph William, Jr. 4 years 17

Nancy 3 years, 363 days 18

Newt 3 years, 361 days 19

Nathaniel 3 years, 317 days 20

John G. 3 years, 267 days 21

Samuel J. 3 years, 215 days 22

John 3 years, 153 days 23

Frederick 3 years, 64 days 24

Joseph Bradley 3 years, 49 days 25

Jonathan 3 years, 14 days 26

Charles Frederick 2 years, 295 days 27

James K. 2 years, 268 days 28

Linn 2 years, 182 days 29

David B. 2 years, 182 days 30

Jim 2 years, 151 days 31

John 1 year, 277 days 32

Galusha A. 1 year, 243 days 33

John W. 1 year, 198 days 34

Henry Thomas 1 year, 163 days 35

Joseph Sr. 1 year, 153 days 36

Jonathan Jr. 1 year, 131 days 37

John Wesley 1 year, 93 days 38

Theodore 1 year, 92 days 39

Philip Pendleton 1 year, 90 days 40

John Winston 1 year, 90 days 41

J. Warren 1 year, 89 days 42

Robert Charles 1 year, 88 days 43

James Lawrence 1 year, 87 days 44

John Nance 1 year, 87 days 45

Robert M. T. 1 year, 78 days 46

Howell 1 year, 72 days 47

Langdon 1 year, 44 days 48

William 1 year, 31 days

Nathaniel 1 year, 30 days

John 275 days

Michael 257 days

What is people with progeria for 1 million Alex?

If you got a window go ahead and get you a window AC. We don't have central air, so we relied on window ACs for years. Just brought one from The Depot. It's very good.

That combined with a fan will have you feeling like you're in Antarctica...

Yeah I think I will go ahead and take you and Vishal's (still feels weird calling him No Excuses) advice. Wanted to take care of this before  we get to high 80's-90's and above on the regular, with strangling humidity.

Do foil man, the struggle is real. Or a blanket. Better yet foil and blanket.

Bro I'm tellin' you. You would never ear from me again. Homeowner lady and her husband that talks like one of those stern sensei's in kung fu movies would practically teleport to my room.

What is people with progeria for 1 million Alex?

The correct response was "What is the result of 8 beers and an ambien that I didn't remember posting until logging on just now."

I believe that is a list of Speakers of the House of Representatives with last names deleted and time in office. I really have no idea what planet my brain was on when I posted that... yeesh.

Archived