Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So this week I turned 50.

I usually don't have problems with birthdays, but this one was sort of bumming me out.

Not for getting older, but because my 50th was no different than my 34th, or my 28th or my 42nd. It was just sort of there.

My wife threw me a surprise party, and it totally caught me off guard today. More people than I'd ever have expected, some from great distance. It blew me away. 

I am one of the happiest people on earth tonight, and I have the most wonderful wife in the world.

~Bang

J, I hate surprise parties... but that makes your wife pretty thoughtful.

The part I would hate is going home or to a restaurant, thinking that I am going to have that private time that I love, with that special person.

Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with my friends, but birthdays aren't that big of a deal to me.

i need a roommate!

Where are you planning on moving to? Unless your splitting a one bedroom, the split difference in most DC neighboring areas like Arlington is the same for a 2 BR (if you share) or a studio (if you live alone).

Or better yet, find a girlfriend and split a 1 BR with her lol. That's what I'm doing now; cost efficient while being in the heart of all the fun.

If you need help finding a place in Arlington, let me know.

Where are you planning on moving to? Unless your splitting a one bedroom, the split difference in most DC neighboring areas like Arlington is the same for a 2 BR (if you share) or a studio (if you live alone).

Or better yet, find a girlfriend and split a 1 BR with her lol. That's what I'm doing now; cost efficient while being in the heart of all the fun.

If you need help finding a place in Arlington, let me know.

i'm looking in bethesda but the low class apts are around 1000 but the nice ones are near 1500-1600.  but if i find a roommate and go in a 2 bedroom 2 bath they are only 2700.  arlington is a little far from my work but i know people do that.  most of my friends and my hobbies are in bethesda thats why i want to move there

i'm looking in bethesda but the low class apts are around 1000 but the nice ones are near 1500-1600.  but if i find a roommate and go in a 2 bedroom 2 bath they are only 2700.  arlington is a little far from my work but i know people do that.  most of my friends and my hobbies are in bethesda thats why i want to move there

There's nothing in between? In Arlington, studios go from 1100 all the way up to 1600 and there's always stuff in between. If you're willing to pay 1350 as is, then I think you may be able to find solo living in the case.

Bethesda is more expensive than Arlington though. I looked into living there during my undergrad because my work fell on the red line but it was a lot more than Arlington. 

There's nothing in between? In Arlington, studios go from 1100 all the way up to 1600 and there's always stuff in between. If you're willing to pay 1350 as is, then I think you may be able to find solo living in the case.

Bethesda is more expensive than Arlington though. I looked into living there during my undergrad because my work fell on the red line but it was a lot more than Arlington. 

i haven't found any in the last month of so. its either expensive singles or good prices for 2 bedrooms.  i can pay 1350 that's not the issue. 

I just got over $1900 in Aflac checks for dental work I had done over the last few years. It was a lot more than I expected because I didn't think they'd pay out for stuff I had done a couple of years ago but they did. Coupled with my dental insurance, I got paid more for my dental work than I had to pay out of pocket. (Paycheck deductions for dental insurance and Aflac not withstanding)

Very cool.

I'm so sick of Holden and Danny being on Andrew Luck's nether regions....

Ugh

I was thinking about this the other day. After all the hoopla from last year (in which you couldn't wait to not hear about the contrast/comparison with Griffin/Luck/Wilson ever again), you tend to forget that every QB class is eternally linked, and in this day and age of social media, all 3 fanbases will be as well.

So in the future, every time a discussion for Pro Bowls, All Pro's, MVP's, Conference Player Of The Week, and pretty much everything else in between gets discussed, expect to hear **** from both fanbases. And that's if Tannehill doesn't make headlines this year, because then you'll have three fanbases that probably wouldn't mind Griffin getting kidnapped and chopped up into 30 pieces.

The weirdest part about all of this is that it seems like our division rivals have more respect and human decency for him than fans in other freaking conferences. It's the weirdest **** ever.

Jett Jackson committed suicide :(

Lee Thompson Young -- who played the main character on Disney's "The Famous Jett Jackson" -- has died after what officials believe is a suicide ... TMZ has learned.  He was 29.

Sources tell us Young's body was discovered with a gunshot wound that appears to be self-inflicted.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/19/lee-thompson-young-dead-disney-dies-friday-night-lights-the-famous-jett-jackson-rizzoli-and-isles/#ixzz2cRSArBhO

First thing I thought of when I heard about the news. It was a sad moment in that very short show, and this was a sad moment to end a very short life.

I just wish mental health was taken more seriously in this country. He was only discovered because he didn't show up to work (filming) this morning.

So damn sad. 

I just wish mental health was taken more seriously in this country. He was only discovered because he didn't show up to work (filming) this morning.

So damn sad. 

Unfortunately you still have the "He/she took the easy way out" part of society when it comes to stuff like that. You have to be damaged enough to the point where you're dangerous to yourself and everyone else around you to be taken seriously (which at that point, may cause them to just throw you in a hole and leave you to your own devices), otherwise you'll just be told to "Toughen up champ" and be sent on your way, which only pushes people farther away, until they feel like they're completely alone..

Archived