Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I'm going to go Samuel L. Jackson on the next person that asks me if I want to get a rewards card at the store. Every damn store does this now. It's so irritating, especially when they persist. If I really want your monkeyfighting rewards card, I'll either ask for it at the register, or at your Monday to Friday customer service counter.

It's either that, or I 'm just going to interrupt them and say "No" before they even finish their sentence.

I'm going to go Samuel L. Jackson on the next person that asks me if I want to get a rewards card at the store. Every damn store does this now. It's so irritating, especially when they persist. If I really want your monkeyfighting rewards card, I'll either ask for it at the register, or at your Monday to Friday customer service counter.

It's either that, or I 'm just going to interrupt them and say "No" before they even finish their sentence.

While I understand the sentiment, there's no point in going off on the cashier.  He or she is just doing a job.  They're required to ask every single customer every single time.

While I understand the sentiment, there's no point in going off on the cashier. 

On second thought, I might not stop there... I may just burn the entire building down while I'm at it...  :)

He or she is just doing a job.  They're required to ask every single customer every single time.

Are they required to ask again, after they've been declined?

I'm not sure what you're saying.  If you mean they ask a second time immediately after you've said no, obviously that's silly.

If you mean they ask again the next time you come in, yes, they're required to do that.  I take it you haven't worked in chain retail, at least not lately?

Kohls is the worst. 

I start shaking my head "no" as I'm approaching the cashier, and say, "Don't even ask..." (while smiling), "...I'm on the 'cash only' train" and they usually laugh it off and understand!  (I only drop the smile if they persist with the "but you get 20% off today's purchases" line.)  That's when they get advanced education on interest rates & such. 

Pretty much kills it for everyone behind me in line too. :lol:

I graduated from Kempsville High School 20 years ago to the day.

What the ****?

*Can someone help this old man across the street?*

We're gettin' old man.  I graduated from Air Force bootcamp 12 years ago tomorrow.  :)

"Tell me, what is a 322nd trainee!  Sir, a 322nd trainee is hard working, motivated, trustworthy, dedicated....Never ever be outdone, that's because were second to none!  hoo rah hoo!!!"

322%20TS001.jpg

I hate cvs. I was trying to get water outside at those water stations and it was raining so I was in a hurry. The machine not taking my dollar, so I go inside. Ask the cashier for change for a dollar. She refused. She said I have to ask to ask my manager, I yelled then ask him. She then gave me my change. She mean mugged me as I left.

I know some of you are going to laugh at the following question but here goes it.  I am planning a vacation with my friends to hawaii during superbowl weekend and they want to leave that saturday before.  A) Should i go that day and avoid any thoughts of the skins going to the supebowl which i would go B) go to hawaii and just watch the game there!

I know some of you are going to laugh at the following question but here goes it.  I am planning a vacation with my friends to hawaii during superbowl weekend and they want to leave that saturday before.  A) Should i go that day and avoid any thoughts of the skins going to the supebowl which i would go B) go to hawaii and just watch the game there!

What island?

;)

RIP Vince Flynn. I never read your books, but I know a lot of people who have. 47 is way to early for anyone to go.

After all your years of following the Redskins through all that suckage I wouldn't take the chance.  I'd just make a flight out Monday and meet them in HI.  On the miniscule chance they make the Super Bowl, no way I would miss it. Or you could pay a little more and get a ticket you can change.

I think I am starting to feel the effects of stay up late during the ga..wgpfa

fdb

dfbs

zzzzzzzz

That's an advantage of living in California. The game was over (as are all east coast timed events) way before bed.

Even MNF ends by 9-9:30PM usually.

+1 on that.  Mountain time here, its pretty nice.  Prime time evening shows start at 7 instead of 8.  The nightly news here is on at 10 instead of 11.  :)

Archived