Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

My boss is getting laid off. "Company restructuring and cutting of overhead". Sounds more to me like, hey we don't like you because you don't play golf with us.

10 minutes later, my manager had a discussion with me. They want me to take over his job without a raise or other compensation. Thing is, I applied for that job last year and I (in the words of our HR) "didn't qualify".

But I qualify to do the job with no compensation....weak. Nice to be recognized, but just weak.

I think we've all heard the "Pain is weakness leaving the body" quote, but I just saw the full quotation and man is it powerful.

"Pain is simply weakness leaving the body.

The question is never how much more can I take.

The question is how much more can I give.

When the body cries out, "I am finished,"

The heart, will and spirit demand him to push harder.

He listens and senses an inner peace that was not there before

And he suddenly discovers he no longer feels the pain.

He feels only the achievement of victory.

Expect pain.

Endure pain.

Conquer pain.

So now you can cause pain."

<@ixcuincle2> %%Weather 20850

<@driiive> Rockville, MD US; Temperature: 64.3°F / 17.9°C | Humidity: 56% | Pressure: 30.11in / 1020hPa (Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SSW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph / 0.0km/h ; Tuesday - Partly cloudy. Fog early. High of 72F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph.; Tuesday Night - Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. Low of 52F. Winds from the SSW at 10 to 15 mph shifting to the West after midnight. (1 more message)

So I can wear 4 layers now instead of 6!

Congrats, bro.

Congrats! Now, ready for more hard work? lol...good job.

---------- Post added December-4th-2012 at 06:56 PM ----------

<@ixcuincle2> %%Weather 20850

<@driiive> Rockville, MD US; Temperature: 64.3°F / 17.9°C | Humidity: 56% | Pressure: 30.11in / 1020hPa (Falling) | Conditions: Clear | Wind Direction: SSW | Wind Speed: 0.0mph / 0.0km/h ; Tuesday - Partly cloudy. Fog early. High of 72F. Winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph.; Tuesday Night - Mostly cloudy with a chance of rain. Low of 52F. Winds from the SSW at 10 to 15 mph shifting to the West after midnight. (1 more message)

So I can wear 4 layers now instead of 6!

We had our patio doors open at work today, nobody believing it was 70-something. GA...if you don't like the weather, hang around a day or two, it'll change.

Archived