Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Just saw an unplanned movie that's hard to evaluate..."Red State"...thought it was going to be some cheap/bad thriller/horror right-to-dvd flick and it basically is most of that (without the horror element I imagined)...but has a lot of familiar actors (including John Goodman)...and a familiar theme (crazy fundy religious group/cult gets caught up with feds in Waco type event)...the weird thing is there's good production values (though a small scale film) and good acting.....and as cliche and one-dimensional as it is, the dialogue's fine and the action/plot is done well enough...it's sort of like a movie that doesn't stand out in any way, bad or good....but hovers on the edges of both in every aspect of its content lol..just kinda weird..

Yeah, it's a good movie but almost unclassifiable. Part horror/part comedy/part something else.

Without spoiling too much: When there was that particular "sound" near the end, I thought the movie was going to take an even stranger direction

Yeah, it's a good movie but almost unclassifiable. Part horror/part comedy/part something else.

Without spoiling too much: When there was that particular "sound" near the end, I thought the movie was going to take an even stranger direction

With you all the way, didn't post on it in case someone wants to see it and don't want to give anything away. The word "inter sting" will be the best description for that movie to me. I'd say it was worth the time.

It's hilarious during the Wizards losing streak to hear Tony Kornheiser the next day bash the local media for thinking this was an improved or "good" team

Every day after a Wizards loss Kornheiser would just go off and say they'd go 9-20, became a running joke that the team would finish worse than that through 29 games

It will certainly be sad tomorrow when Kornheiser comes on air. "THEY WON. THE WIZARDS WON!" in disbelief :ols:

Don't ya just love it when justice is served??

On the way to work this morning, I was in a train of cars in the fast lane doing 80 in a 65. Apparently, 15 over the limit wasn't fast enough for this one jerk. So he decides to pass us all in the slow lane and hit warp speed. He must've been doing 90 easily.

About 3 minutes down the road, we passed him as he was pulled over by a statie. :)

I'm still not feeling the decision to go with Kaepernick. He hasn't really been tTHAT impressive to where I'd bench Alex Smith, who is 18-5 since last year, and in his last 2 games before getting injured had thrown 5 TDs and just 1 INT.

Big win against the Saints last week, but 14 of the 31 points they scored were defensive TDs. Kaepernick was a modest 16/25, 1 TD, 1 INT. The game before that, he beat a Jay Cutler'less Bears team where the defense did most of the work, and the game was never close.

Not hating on the guy, hell I actually like Colin Kaepernick. But if it ain't broke, why fix it? 49ers were steam-rolling through this season with Alex Smith...

Looking to buy a women's Redskins jersey with a custom nameplate sometime before Christmas. Been looking online but I don't know what a good price is, or which places are reputable.

Can anyone recommend a good place to order one?

I mean, if you want a real one:

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13114706&cp=15496126.2241739&pageType=family&parentPage=family

They're not cheap, but the knock offs are usually not worth it. Find Mark The Homer's Jersey thread in the Stadium for more info, or PM him. He knows his jerseys.

I'm still not feeling the decision to go with Kaepernick. He hasn't really been tTHAT impressive to where I'd bench Alex Smith, who is 18-5 since last year, and in his last 2 games before getting injured had thrown 5 TDs and just 1 INT.

Big win against the Saints last week, but 14 of the 31 points they scored were defensive TDs. Kaepernick was a modest 16/25, 1 TD, 1 INT. The game before that, he beat a Jay Cutler'less Bears team where the defense did most of the work, and the game was never close.

Not hating on the guy, hell I actually like Colin Kaepernick. But if it ain't broke, why fix it? 49ers were steam-rolling through this season with Alex Smith...

agree. I don't dislike Kaepernick, but there's no reason to bench Smith. Alex should be pissed.

Okay. When they give a Wind Advisory out here,they ain't kiddin'.

* WINDS: SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 70 MPH.

* GUSTS EXCEEDING 80 MPH ARE LIKELY IN WIND PRONE AREAS... WITH RIDGE GUSTS UP TO 125 MPH.

Good coverage here at the house,but it's still at about 20-25mph sustained. Played hell with some of the Christmas decorations. Most tied off and really staked down now.

agree. I don't dislike Kaepernick, but there's no reason to bench Smith. Alex should be pissed.

Concur. Alex Smith was having his best season as a starter despite the Niners trying to ditch him for Peyton Manning in the offseason...

...and you essentially fire him when he gets injured? After signing an extension?

What does that say about the Niners' organization?

I would've done exactly what Harbaugh did. We've seen Alex Smith. He's hit his ceiling. I got swept up in the game he had against the Saints, but right after that, he returned to Game Manager Alex Smith, and hasn't changed. I don't think he can help lead his team to a Super Bowl. So maybe Kaepernick can't do it this year either, but in his two starts, he's already shown that he is capable of doing a lot more. They've opened up the offense.

Now I know that starting a 2nd year guy over a proven vet this late in the season, with a winning team, could potentially be a recipe for disaster, but they traded up to get him anyway. They were going to start him sooner rather than later. They were not going to keep Smith after this year. They even tried to replace him over the offseason. If they manage to take a step back, so what? They're a fairly young team. They will be around for awhile, and Kaepernick will have gotten a good number of starts under his belt. I liked the move, and give Harbaugh credit for having the balls to make it, and having a good feel for the pulse of his team, and who they felt more confident in under center. But yeah, it does suck that we won't get to see Smith throw to Delaney Walker and Vernon Davis 20 times a game anymore...

They're more versatile now, and can add in a few wrinkles that defenses have yet to see, on top of having a very good defense and a dominant running game.

It could just be that Harbaugh thinks Smith got them as far as they could go last year. That, and he drafted Kaepernick. So that's his guy.

You hate to see a guy lose his starting job, due to injury though. And, like you said, especially when a guy was producing, like Smith was.

It's probably not the last we've seen of Smith. I'm sure if Kaepernick struggles, Harbaugh isn't gonna hestitate to run Smith back out there. If not, he'll probably land in Arizona or Kansas City next year.

Neither QB is all that and a bag of chips. The current 49ers could win games with any QB better than John Beck. Hell, Beck would probably have them at .500

Alex Smith will be an Arizona Cardinal next year, and will suddenly suck again. Book it.

I mean, if you want a real one:

http://www.nflshop.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13114706&cp=15496126.2241739&pageType=family&parentPage=family

They're not cheap, but the knock offs are usually not worth it. Find Mark The Homer's Jersey thread in the Stadium for more info, or PM him. He knows his jerseys.

Thanks. I'm gonna keep looking around a bit. Doesn't have to be an authentic jersey or anything so I'm mostly looking for a good deal. MTH's thread is a wealth of information...almost too much.

I already see one drawback to moving to Germantown, excluding the ridiculous traffic that I was already expecting. I can no longer get 980 on the radio. All I can get for my sports fix is The Junkies on the way to work, and Lavar aand Dukes on the way from work, where I have to listen to Chad tell the world that he has a little dick, jokingly referring to it as "The Blistex Cap." It's either that, WTOP, 99.5, 95.5, or my CD's. Sucks.

Dude, are you serious?!?! :ols:

Yes. I was listening for a few minutes yesterday, and they were talking about the lady who put up the Christmas decorations that resembled a middle finger, and then got to talking about certain acts on your property that could get you put in jail. I think Lavar brough up flipping off a police officer, and then Chad said something about dancing butt ass naked, which prompted Lavar to say something like "Yeah, you're going to show 'em the dingleberries huh?" And then Chad says "Yep, I'm pulling out the Blistex Cap. Best Blistex Cap in the world."

Something along those lines.

Archived