Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Hmm, starting to think the 14 clementines I just devoured weren't the wisest pre-bed snack...

14? Impressive. Clementines are delish though :)

The first draft of my paper was supposed to be 7-8 pages, mine ended up being 10. My professor then wrote 8 suggestions of what I should add to it...it's gonna end up being 15-16 pages at least and it only needs to be 12. So much extra work I have to do now. Oh well, guess it can't hurt to have another over-achieved, well-written Lit paper...I guess. I like when I use terrible grammar/punctuation when talking about Lit papers. They really are much better than my internet speak :silly:

And now that sounds so shallow compared to what you are going through G.A.C.O.L.B - I am so sorry about your Grandma. My Grandpa passed from it too...just so terrible/difficult that they suffer so much, as well as everyone who has to watch the disease take over (I mean that in a non-selfish way, but we are left so helpless). It's just awful. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Grandma just passed. Is there a worse disease than Alzheimer's? I mean really. And the thing that scares me so much is that my great-grandmother had, my grandmother had it, so what's the chance my mom is going to get it? Seems pretty likely no? I don't know if I can handle that. And these anti-stem cell research nuts are absolutely despicable human beings. I hope they burn in hell.

I'm sorry you are having to go through that, G.A.C.O.L.B. That really is a terrible illness to deal with. My grandfather passed away with Alzheimer's and the last 5-6 years of his life were torturous for our family as we were the primary care-givers :(

14? Impressive. Clementines are delish though :)

They really are! Over the past 2 weeks I think I've spent about $50 on those frickin things :ols:

Now I want some, thanks. I'm hungry, but I cleared out my fridge before I left for Thanksgiving break. Lookin like PB&J...guess I'll stop reading the Wheat thread...

:ols:

I just picked more clementines out of my crack stash to munch on while I read...and my roommate just yelled at me and told me I'm going to give myself an ulcer from all the acid. Oh well, that's a small price to pay for this clementine awesomeness :D

---------- Post added November-26th-2012 at 11:31 PM ----------

As of late, I've had fun getting to know the entire city police force as they respond to my townhouse complex for our neighbors' domestic disputes, child neglect, and other criminal activity du jour. Just thinking about the memorable encounters we've had even got me a little misty-eyed tonight while making yet another witness statement. I think I'm going to bake chocolate chip cookies for them when they inevitably have to respond to another one of my 911 calls next week.

My neighborhood = rabbit hole

I am going to be working at the most incredible bar. I tend bar professionally. I love it. It's truly my calling. Some folks don't think that's a true profession. The job I'm about to start at is going to end up being one of the top 50 bars in the world. I'm going to learn from the #1 bartender in Portland, which is one of the top bar cities in the world. I'll be making my own syrups, bitters, everything from scratch. I pretty new here and have not done much to prove myself, but I got picked because I have a chef back ground and this will be the link between the two. We are going to start creating ****tails we hope will be globally recognized forever.

It's going to have medical benefits which is new. Unfortunately, it's 100% on the books and I've been completely off the grid in every way for a long time. I turn 40 in July and my goal is to have a fairly adult like life and this is a big step.

---------- Post added November-27th-2012 at 08:17 AM ----------

Watching a commercial for a product named Gripgo. It's claim is that you can attach your cell phone to it and stick it in front of you on the wind shield.

You get 2 for $10. I'm guessing this product was developed by a joint venture of the insurance companies (both auto and medical) and the police, because it's clearly illegal.

It's going to have medical benefits which is new. Unfortunately, it's 100% on the books and I've been completely off the grid in every way for a long time. I turn 40 in July and my goal is to have a fairly adult like life and this is a big step.

---------- Post added November-27th-2012 at 08:17 AM ----------

Watching a commercial for a product named Gripgo. It's claim is that you can attach your cell phone to it and stick it in front of you on the wind shield.

You get 2 for $10. I'm guessing this product was developed by a joint venture of the insurance companies (both auto and medical) and the police, because it's clearly illegal.

Congrats on the job and the "adult-like life" :silly:

Edit: You should invite ES to your bar, we'd do a good job promoting it :)

Are you watching Mike and Mike in the Morning by any chance? I just laughed out loud at that commercial...but why is it illegal? Guess I was too busy laughing to notice anything else. I mean, it can hold a bowling ball!

Congrats on the job and the "adult-like life" :silly:

Edit: You should invite ES to your bar, we'd do a good job promoting it :)

Are you watching Mike and Mike in the Morning by any chance? I just laughed out loud at that commercial...but why is it illegal? Guess I was too busy laughing to notice anything else. I mean, it can hold a bowling ball!

ES is absolutely welcome to collectively take a giant vacation and come warm up here in the beautiful Caribbean and sip hand crafted ****tails in an open air bar. If you're all going to stay over, I'm going to need more couches. :ols:

It's illegal to have anything obstruct your view in the windshield and you're certainly not allowed to have a 3.5 inch tv screen in front of your face to watch youtube videos and twiiter while driving down the road. ;)

Congrats, Koolblue! Since I sling margaritas primarily, I totally understand your wanting to "branch out" in recipes and such. Best of luck!!

Yeah, thank you. This is going to be all other level ****. I have a chance to start working my way up the top bartender type lists. My resume in the kitchen is pretty impressive. If I can somehow manage to stay out of my own way and not **** it up, this is a total game changer for me.

Wow, congrats Kool, that sounds like an amazing opportunity. Hell, assuming the place is as successful as it should be with proper execution, we might eventually be seeing you on all sorts of websites and TV shows. Let us know if you ever think you're gonna meet someone like Anthony Bourdain, I think we should have the chance to come up with at least one question that you have to ask, no matter how stupid. :silly:

I'd love to meet Bourdain. I'd love to live his life honestly. I'm a little bit traveled. I'm getting a poem published in the Bartender Diaries this year and kind of starting on my own book, that is in the same vein. Who knows. I've been on tv before.

I'm excited. It's nice to have something to look forward too like this. Something to work for.

Grandma just passed. Is there a worse disease than Alzheimer's? I mean really. And the thing that scares me so much is that my great-grandmother had, my grandmother had it, so what's the chance my mom is going to get it? Seems pretty likely no? I don't know if I can handle that. And these anti-stem cell research nuts are absolutely despicable human beings. I hope they burn in hell.

Sorry for your loss.

It runs in my family too. Several of my grandma's sisters and brothers had it and my grandma has it. She's basically been a child for years. I can't remember the last time she had her mind. Maybe 6 or 7 years ago?

Was in Staples yesterday and was walking around...

Why does it cost CONSIDERABLY more (around $150 each) to buy Microsoft Excel, Publisher, Word, etc. individually than it does to buy them packaged together? I understand a "discount" as a bonus for buying them all, but why sell them separately at all? The combo pack I saw had Excel, Publisher and Word for $100.

Also, why the hell are the Adobe programs upwards of $600. Mingia.

Was in Staples yesterday and was walking around...

Why does it cost CONSIDERABLY more (around $150 each) to buy Microsoft Excel, Publisher, Word, etc. individually than it does to buy them packaged together? I understand a "discount" as a bonus for buying them all, but why sell them separately at all? The combo pack I saw had Excel, Publisher and Word for $100.

Also, why the hell are the Adobe programs upwards of $600. Mingia.

If you are still a student you should be able to get them all dirt cheap from your university. I wish I'd have done this when I was in grad school.

How come characters in stories need to have some sort of an epiphany or change or realization by the end of the story.

I don't need to make them have some sudden realization...maybe they just want to keep on doin what they're doin and they don't realize anything until 5 years later, which is not where I'm goin with my story...yeah the characters are changing, but it doesn't have to be the focus of the story. Why do people always want this? Do you have sudden epiphanies in your life every week...cause that's how much time has passed in my story. Le sigh. Readers are silly...you don't need something BIG to happen for it to be a great story...really, you don't. /rant

Edit: Yeah I just change the whole last 5 pages of my story. Characters wanted to go elsewhere. *******s. Too much wine.

Just saw an unplanned movie that's hard to evaluate..."Red State"...thought it was going to be some cheap/bad thriller/horror right-to-dvd flick and it basically is most of that (without the horror element I imagined)...but has a lot of familiar actors (including John Goodman)...and a familiar theme (crazy fundy religious group/cult gets caught up with feds in Waco type event)...the weird thing is there's good production values (though a small scale film) and good acting.....and as cliche and one-dimensional as it is, the dialogue's fine and the action/plot is done well enough...it's sort of like a movie that doesn't stand out in any way, bad or good....but hovers on the edges of both in every aspect of its content lol..just kinda weird..

I shouldn't have ate that brownie.

I go to Panera frequently, and they always have all the baked goods at the front of the line. There's this brownie that stares at me everytime I get a sandwich. Today I surrendered, and now I can feel it sitting in the pit of my stomach :/ That's .5 pounds gained dammit.

I shouldn't have ate that brownie.

I go to Panera frequently, and they always have all the baked goods at the front of the line. There's this brownie that stares at me everytime I get a sandwich. Today I surrendered, and now I can feel it sitting in the pit of my stomach :/ That's .5 pounds gained dammit.

Ohh man those Panera cookies are soooo good. I get the big one filled with M&M's everytime and hate myself as I eat the gooey goodness.

Archived