Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

thought i better put this here instead of the thread it was going in..

...some of the amazing **** people post...lord...it's ok to be aware that you don't/can't know everything about everything and even better to just shut the **** up once in a while...

...it's also ok to understand you don't NEED to know everything about everything going even if you could, and don't NEED to care about it all, or NEED to have a ****ing opinion on it...you won't die if you don't have a ****ing opinion on every ****ing thing....I promise...:)

Okay, I'm not as dumb as this question will make me sound:

Just bought a new TV. 32" Visio. Nothing fancy.

But, I can't get the base connected to the TV. The neck screws into the base, and that's fine. The neck connection to the TV itself is the problem. I have 3 screws and 3 screw holes. Pretty simple. But the screws won't sit or thread to the back of the TV. They just spin, and it seems like the screw is slightly too big. Can I be missing something, or did I likely get a bad TV?

EDIT:

Was the TV. =/

Been punishing dudes online in Fight Night Champion this morning. One cat had Tyson and tried to wail away on me. Knocked me down twice, but he eventually boxed himself out, and I did work on him after that. Stopped him in the sixth. I love dudes who play like that. Easy W's, all the time.

Man, I was so blown when somebody scratched my Fight Night Champions. With that being said, I never played it online because I thought the lag would mess me up.....

For those who haven't participated already, I could use some participation in my survey for this statistics class. Link is here: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?374327-Attending-Live-Sporting-Events-(Survey)

Man, I was so blown when somebody scratched my Fight Night Champions. With that being said, I never played it online because I thought the lag would mess me up.....

Didn't even bother with a disc, I just dl'd straight from the psn store. Lag is terrible in some spots, but overall pretty good. I think the funniest thing that can ever happen online is when you're listening to a 11-14 year old kid talk **** to you, and then you beat him down, and you hear that silence.... Beautiful. Happened last night :ols:

Ali is a beast, man. It's like fighting in the clouds with him. His combinations/speed is ridiculous. Poor kid was helpless. I spent about 30 seconds blocking/dodging all of his punches, until I said "Enough is enough" and dropped him with a hard, quick straight right. Then you get to make all the bedtime/go eat some lunchables jokes afterwards.

Ali is a beast, man. It's like fighting in the clouds with him. His combinations/speed is ridiculous. Poor kid was helpless. I spent about 30 seconds blocking/dodging all of his punches, until I said "Enough is enough" and dropped him with a hard, quick straight right. Then you get to make all the bedtime/go eat some lunchables jokes afterwards.

:ols: That's hilarious.

The best thing about that game is when you get a knockout that comes out of nowhere. What makes it even better is when you are around a lot of people. Everybody's focusing on the game so it is quiet, then all of sudden.... BAM! And everybody is like OOOOOOH!!!

:ols: That's hilarious.

The best thing about that game is when you get a knockout that comes out of nowhere. What makes it even better is when you are around a lot of people. Everybody's focusing on the game so it is quiet, then all of sudden.... BAM! And everybody is like OOOOOOH!!!

Yep, now that they've brought in the flash knockdown. People complain, but that's real life. It is a 100% simulation. One of the best EA Sports games I've ever played...period. If you drop your hands, you're done. Every law/technique in the real world of boxing applies in Fight Night. It's a real good test to find out just how many players actually understand the sport, instead of using the Rock Em Sock Em Robots/Ready 2 Rumble fighting style.

The physics engine is ridiculous too. You ever get one of those knockouts where the dude falls into the ropes, looking like he just got an axe to the forehead? :ols: All of the knockout animations are amazing.

Yeah. Those and the ones when they fall on you :ols:

Yeah, there's also one where they fall/lunge sideways like they got hit with a shotgun. I think it comes after a hook (with a guy with high hook power). Anyways, it's been a blast these last 3 days. Without a doubt it was the best Thanksgiving ever. Dinner and quality family time was awesome, and RGIII put it on the Cowboys. Can't get any better than that.

Tomorrow is going to suck though. I'm moving the last of my own stuff into my brothers house, and now have to get used to an hour and a half drive to work every morning.

Grandma just passed. Is there a worse disease than Alzheimer's? I mean really. And the thing that scares me so much is that my great-grandmother had, my grandmother had it, so what's the chance my mom is going to get it? Seems pretty likely no? I don't know if I can handle that. And these anti-stem cell research nuts are absolutely despicable human beings. I hope they burn in hell.

Grandma just passed. Is there a worse disease than Alzheimer's? I mean really. And the thing that scares me so much is that my great-grandmother had, my grandmother had it, so what's the chance my mom is going to get it? Seems pretty likely no? I don't know if I can handle that. And these anti-stem cell research nuts are absolutely despicable human beings. I hope they burn in hell.

Alzheimer's and Huntington's are dreadful diseases to watch people slowly lose to. Awful. Sorry to hear.

Archived