Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I speak a great deal (here & everywhere) on self- and other-awareness. This is from a journalist and an amateur, not an actual psychiatrist or psychologist, but well-summarized (and just a piece of the big picture, but a significant one).

I would have left off the last phrase (over-emphasized and too limited) and worded the whole thing a bit differently, but it works.

He adds this below, which is also not how I would put it (too sweepingly presumptive and overstated for one thing) , but useful enough. Though it's hardly a "bulletin alert" for most of us, it still gets regularly ignored in self-monitoring.

Makes a lot of sense.

Yesterday was without a doubt the best Thanksgiving ever. Enjoying time with the family, watching us dispatch the Cowboys. Couldn't have been a more awesome day. My bro made this awesome prime rib. **** was bangin'. I'm pretty sure thta between that, my sis in laws gumbo, and the fried turkey, I may have gained over 4lbs.

I don't think I'm going to be doing a damn thing, all day. Been moving furniture into my brothers new house in Germantown for the last 2 weeks (exercise equipment, pool table, stereo equipment, big ass recliners, tv's, everything). Still have three heavy ass boxes with CD/DVD mounted cabinets to put together, but with yesterdays activities, I am dead. Haven't been sleeping well either. I figured I'd sleep in, but I just woke up without an alarm after just 4 hours of sleep, and couldn't get back to sleep, so I just said eff it. Might watch a few movies today or something. Complete vegetation.

You could lose your phone anywhere. What does that have to do with you going out?

If I left work and went directly home to my "safe zone" my phone would be by my pillow right now while I was asleep. Now I have to revert back to my dumbphone.

---------- Post added November-24th-2012 at 04:54 AM ----------

Hmm... "lost phone."" having a little bit of fun." Lemme guess. You were messing around with some chick the size of Rosie O' Donnell, and then she got hungry and ate your cell phone. How close am I?

lol nah she's a skinny thing, but she has me by 13 years but I don't care because she's cute :)

If I left work and went directly home to my "safe zone" my phone would be by my pillow right now while I was asleep. Now I have to revert back to my dumbphone.
Just messing with ya, bro. I just bought an iPhone over the summer. I'm a little worried I'm gonna leave it lying somewhere and forget about it, myself. Hope it shows up.

Just messing with ya, bro. I just bought an iPhone over the summer. I'm a little worried I'm gonna leave it lying somewhere and forget about it, myself. Hope it shows up.

I know man and I appreciate it. best advice I can give is to install one of those apps that can track your phone by GPS if it's lost.

I'm just sooooo frustrated with myself right now, I've owned cell phones since like 2002 and never lost the crappy ones, but when I get a smartphone I lose the bloody thing within 7 months :doh1::censored:

Archived