Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

At the end of next month, I will be student loan free (undergrad and postgrad loans).

I cannot tell you how great that feels.

Now, if my home loan to home value wasn't so upside down.

Still...debt free except for a home loan...finally.

---------- Post added November-21st-2012 at 07:45 AM ----------

Are you telling me that they produced something else other than a "reality" show about a pawn shop or junkyard diggers?

I might have to check that out.

Whatever you do...do not ever watch Storage Wars.

It's crack.

It's the new version of The Antiques Road Show..but trashier.

I don't know if I'll be hungry for the next 2 days. Fiance' is working at the hospital today so we had an early Thanksgiving with her sons. Problem with cooking,is that you're just about full even before you sit down to eat. :silly:

sitting here watching John Riggins Football Life...god damn man. Between the EPIC nfl films music and the endless clips of Riggins trucking the entire NFL, it had me tearing up. Sniffles.

I haven't been this pumped up in a long, long time. Please god, DESTROY Dallas today.

I speak a great deal (here & everywhere) on self- and other-awareness. This is from a journalist and an amateur, not an actual psychiatrist or psychologist, but well-summarized (and just a piece of the big picture, but a significant one).

There is branch of psychology and an old-but-growing body of research with findings that suggest you have little idea why you act or think the way you do. Despite this, you continue to create narratives to explain your own feelings, thoughts, and behaviors, and these narratives – no matter how inaccurate – become the story of your life.

I would have left off the last phrase (over-emphasized and too limited) and worded the whole thing a bit differently, but it works.

He adds this below, which is also not how I would put it (too sweepingly presumptive and overstated for one thing) , but useful enough. Though it's hardly a "bulletin alert" for most of us, it still gets regularly ignored in self-monitoring.

You seem to be able to see other people deluding themselves all the time – your friends, your family, celebrities, politicians. The mental pratfalls of others seem so obvious, but you have a hard time seeing those shortcomings in yourself.

Sucks to have a Cowboys game without Royallypwned

Talk to him about Stafford and then the Cowboys game later

You won't find a more friendly Cowboys fan than him, that was for sure. May he RIP

Was thinking of him earlier. Cool thing is I was smiling.

Archived