Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

My bud and I got blasted on 64 yesterday. I was sitting still and a van my mustang at 80mph sending us crashing into other cars and literally turning us sideways into incoming traffic. I was literally thinking while I guess this is how it ends cuz my side was just waiting for a T bone but somehow all three lanes stopped at once. My car was literally obliterated. The backseat was literally compressed into the front seat and the trunk was where the backseat should be. The front was smoking from the impact with the other cars. Last night I kept waking up to honking and then BAM, spinning, hitting other cars,etc. The van hit us so hard that it ended up past the cars it crashed including the one that was in front of us. The cops an emts were like holy **** when they saw my car. They had to pry the door open. My friend ended up with a bloody face from cds and such hitting him while my legs are all banged up. The doctors and nurse were wondering how we were alive.

Holy ****. That you're posting that story is amazing after the accident you described.

No person who caused it had no license,17 serious violations on the license (which caused her not to have one), and no insurance. Oh and wasn't her car. The person who owned the car has no insurance either. My insurance company was furious. They gotta cover everything including stuff for my bud since he's the passenger. They plan to sue like hell. They called me around mid night last when I got home from the hospital. We were going to a soccer game around 5:30 or so when he got hit. A bud of mine working the rescue squad over heard the call about a multi crash on 64 at high speeds and he knew when they described the mustang over the radio at the station.

---------- Post added October-27th-2012 at 09:26 AM ----------

Holy ****. That you're posting that story is amazing after the accident you described.

No person who caused it had no license,17 serious violations on the license (which caused her not to have one), and no insurance. Oh and wasn't her car. The person who owned the car has no insurance either. My insurance company was furious. They gotta cover everything including stuff for my bud since he's the passenger. They plan to sue like hell. They called me around mid night last when I got home from the hospital. We were going to a soccer game around 5:30 or so when he got hit. A bud of mine working the rescue squad over heard the call about a multi crash on 64 at high speeds and he knew when they described the mustang over the radio at the station.

Okay that sucks. But glad you're around to tell us about it.

Yeah I got a call this morning from my insurance to tell me where the car went so I could get stuff. The person basically said there's not much left though. A soccer ball and scarf. I didn't keep much in the car except CDs and emergency kit(ironically in the trunk which is crushed). Poor bud of mine got hit by my CDs that sit in a net on the ceiling and slashed him up on the face and neck. The impact was so bad I found Metallica and such CDs littered across the highway from the netting.

My night was pretty rough when all you hear sleeping is honking and twisted metal.

Just visited the mustang in the junkyard. The tow person said when he walked up to it he saw blood on the seats and half the car just gone and was wondering how we walked out. I could see the blood on the front seats. Backseats were completely compressed into the front seats. Trunk was literally gone. Nothing could be retrieved from it because of the damage. They said they could try to rip parts out to get to the stuff but that about the only way. I got the car 30,000 miles and had one owner. The owner put so much money such into the car to make it perfect. I put a original bullet grille from the first mustang I had(Taken out by a head on collision 2 years ago). Basically only thing left to grab was couple of balls in the car underneath debris, GPS that survived, bullet grille.

RR, sorry to hear that, my man. By the sound of the description of your car, it definitely does seem like a miracle that you guys survived. Normally you hear about dead bodies being pulled out of cars like that. Good to know that you're going to be alright. Hopefully everything is taken care of insurance wise for you as well.

There's a 50/50 chance that my fiance's oldest is getting himself in very big trouble this evening. We'll see. :paranoid:

One thing I have long found "exciting" was some of the new situations that usually come along with "new family" :D :pfft:

No doubt. The youngest is miserably sick in bed so I'm figuring out how that one handles that,(pretty much like me at that age. Leave me alone in my room thing). The oldest "suddenly" realizes he has a party at a girlfriends house to go to. Says,(after I asked him twice),that his mom knows he's going out tonight. We'll see when she gets off work in about a 1/2 hour. :paranoid:

No doubt. The youngest is miserably sick in bed so I'm figuring out how that one handles that,(pretty much like me at that age. Leave me alone in my room thing). The oldest "suddenly" realizes he has a party at a girlfriends house to go to. Says,(after I asked him twice),that his mom knows he's going out tonight. We'll see when she gets off work in about a 1/2 hour. :paranoid:

I can confirm this story cause I am the party.

RR good luck to you man.

^ That's breaking news for me.

As I examine it, seems like a fair trade for both teams. I feel like the Rockets are rebuilding, maybe I'm wrong. And I always thought Kevin Martin was slightly overrated. He's a good player though for sure. Jeremy Lamb has some good potential off the bench. Wonder how many draft picks they are gonna get.

Just finished watching Rocky V. For years I've always wondered why people hated this movie. Now I know why.

Everything about it was great imo, up until that dumb ass street fight, which ended up destroying the movie. I think they should've added about 25-30 more minutes to it, to include the training sequences and ring fight. Right after Morrison hits hits Paulie and Rocky says "Why don't you try knocking me down instead," they should've agreed to fight in the ring (letting Rocky's pride get the better of him), with Duke cutting corners to get him a boxing license after the brain damage. Then he triumphantly wins, but has to be carried from the ring or something like that.

Then towards the end of the film, 20 years or so go by, and his son is standing over his grave, hating the fact that he was so eager to give away his life (surely dying due to the brain damage suffered mainly from the Drago and Gunn fights), but at the same time, understood why. That would've been the way to go. Even though I thought Rocky Balboa was a solid movie, it was still way too commercialized for my liking, with ESPN and HBO Boxing talking heads, and even though they tried to make it as realistic as they possibly could, it still had the stench of unbelievability that could never go away. You simply cannot have an old geezer going 12 rounds with the heavyweight champion of the world, and the champ being congratulated for finally fighting a worthy opponent, at the end of the movie, especially for a boxing movie..

And seeing Bayless and Woody Page on First Take/First And 10/Cold Pizza/whatever, really lets me know how old that movie is, even though it doesn't seem that old.

You can throw your hands up

You can be the clock

You can move a mountain

You can break rocks

You can be a master

Don't wait for luck

Dedicate yourself and you gonna find yourself

Standing in the hall of fame

And the world's gonna know your name

Cause you burn with the brightest flame

And the world's gonna know your name

And you'll be on the walls of the hall of fame

yahoo_rgiiinightoff.jpg

Endless beer commercials

Commercials featuring crappy dubstep

Erectile dysfunction commercials

Truck commercials

That dumb "NAPA know how!" commercial

Political ads

Lavar + Question 7 commercial

*Edit, pretty much all commercials at this point

Commercial watching during NFL games has to be at an all time low. I have to immediately turn once the game cuts to it's 300 commercial breaks, and time it perfectly to avoid aggravating commercials. I'll be relieved once the voting is over. I know who the hell I'm voting for...go away.

*And someone should let the Bud Light people know that it isn't summer anymore, so they should stop playing the Bud Light Lime commercial with "Summertime" playing in the background.

Archived