Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

But a banana and some strawberries in a blender with the nonfat plain Greek yogurt. It's a little more substantial, will have good flavor, feels good to drink with a sore mouth, and is healthy. French Onion soup can be tasty and halfway satisfying and is doable---if you float the melted cheese on it, that adds calcium, protein, and more filling and is still easy to swallow.

But a banana and some strawberries in a blender with the nonfat plain Greek yogurt. It's a little more substantial, will have good flavor, feels good to drink with a sore mouth, and is healthy. French Onion soup can be tasty and halfway satisfying and is doable---if you float the melted cheese on it, that adds calcium, protein, and more filling and is still easy to swallow.

Yeah, but you have to use a sandblaster to get the baked-on cheese off the bowl!

I like French Onion Soup at Outback. But wouldn't even think about it, if I'm gonna have to clean it up.

Just watched The League premier. Hilarious. Chalupa Batman McAllister. :ols:

But nothing beats It's Always Sunny. That show just gets funnier and funnier every season and the season premier did not disappoint. By far the funniest show on TV.

I used to feel the same way, but I'm beginning to think The League has overtaken it. Always Sunny and The League are 1a and 1b depending on episode.

Roommate comes home every couple of weeks. He has two formerly outdoor cats. The person who moved out whos spot I took, moved out specifically because he doesn't take care of the cats.

I let them come and go as they please.

Last night the neighbors dog ate one. The one who liked to **** in the shower and bathroom, pissed in the toilet, kind of, but **** everywhere else.

The cat is ****ed up and under the house. I'm not going down there, because it's centipede central and that's terrifying.

If I can get the cat, it's going to the vet and the neighbor with the untrained 70lbs pit bull, who get about 5 minutes of walks a day is paying for it, we've already discussed that.

My roommate is a ****y little douchebag and I only moved in here to get the place from him, before he moves off island in a few months, but he is going to be very upset and it's going to lead to a major argument.

This sucks.

Also, earlier this week, the girl I've been with who has said she doesn't want a relationship but only wants to be with me and just needs time, finally seems to tire of my inability to weather the calm like I should and might finally have put me down. The few months I've been with her, we've just kept talking about having a rain day to stay inside all day (it's just too damn nice here to stay inside most days) and thanks to tropical storm Rafael, that looks to be today, but I will spend it alone.

I quit the cooking job working for my friend this week, to go back to my old job, when it reopens for season, even though it's stressful, draining and the hours will mean I will do nothing but work there through all 153 holidays on island. It's a decision I made for money, which is not something I ever really do, but seeing as how I'll be 40 next July, I need to be able to hit a financial life goal of mine. This isn't sitting well with me.

This week sucks. I woke up at 4 am today, even though I'm off all weekend. I'm gonna clean and day drink all day, then pass out around 3 or 4 and wake up and go to a birthday party I think.

Interesting discussion I had at work earlier: What are the top 3 scariest movies you've ever seen?

Naturally we had to come up with some sort of criteria. Not "Disturbing" scary, not "Creepy" scary, not "Mind ****" scary, and not "Gross/Disgucting Slasher" scary. Went with "Completely and utterly terrifying/making you think twice about turning the TV off/you might want to crack that door and open those blinds a little bit" scary. The top 3 movies that did that for me, in no particular order, would have to be:

Hellraiser ( or Hellbound: Hellraiser II )

Ringu

The Exorcist

Now there are plenty of other horror flicks that may have had better scares, or really brought it for half of the movie, before mailing it in for the last 30-40 minutes, but from beginning to end, no other 3 movies made me go "Wtf did I just watch? Okay, I'm not sleeping tonight" like those three.

I still watch that one with the lights all on. Rutger Hauer was one evil SOB in that movie.

Anything on the cat yet? Sorry, I'm a cat person and I'm hoping all ends up ok.

Thanks marydu. Nothing yet. The other cat keeps going out to check on him, but I can't see him and my neighbor isn't up yet. He said the dog had the cat buy the head and shook him real hard. Cat had some blood on his mouth.

That's a good list. Hellraiser was great.

The original Last House on the Left and the Hitcher were two that really changed my life.

If the criteria is for scariest, life changing, most thought about movie of all time, it's got to be Jaws.

Yeah, "life changing" scary is pretty good. When thinking of categories we actually discussed Jaws. Couldn't decide what category to put it in though. That movie definitely freaked me out though, but as a kid, I was always more terrified of jellyfish. And Hellraiser was just ****ed up. Back in the days of non commercialized video stores, anytime you went in there, especially in the 90's, you'd probably see the Ahnold poster from T2, and after that, there was always the Pinhead poster. "Come, Kirsty, we have such sights to show you..."

I finally saw it for the first time in the winter of '99. I had trouble sleeping for weeks. Any time I went into the basement, I always had the feeling that good old corpse Uncle Frank would pop out of the closet and take me away. Awesome score as well. The music itself was terrifying

You know, the single most scared I've ever been in the theater was when the original Jaws first came out and I was around 20 so I wasn't a kid. Nothing before or since. "Scary" movies leave me with nothing other than was it a good/bad/fun/effects??etc---just regular movie evaluating stuff. But I will say Exorcist when it first came out was a big deal to me. And if you hadn't used all the qualifiers, I'd say more recently that Hostel (the high believability factor) and Quarantine (being trapped in a contained area with that crap) get a nod from me.

The blair witch/paranormal/ring flicks have all just been dumb to me.

KB---good luck with all that, man.

Hap posted this in the Breaking News section: Roy Helu the forgotten man in the backfield. This article was posted 12 hours ago.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/10/12/washington-redskins-roy-helu-the-forgotten-man-in-the-backfield/

Funny that sports writers get paid to write this crap. Basically he says that Helu should get extra carries this week against the Vikings because of Griffin's concussions. He would be great lining up at WR or playing as the third down back so Morris could get a breather. He should keep himself ready for game action and be prepared to go at any moment.

He also says 'Washington fans hope that Helu's confidence doesn't wane due to a lack of touches.' And: 'It’s not clear whether or not Helu is in Shanahan’s doghouse, or if the production of Morris and Royster warrants them getting the majority of the work at running back.

Someone should whisper in his ear that Helu is on I.R.

Jumbo, thank amigo.

Cat update, it's still hiding under the house and not coming out. It has blood on his lower lip, I think from being bit and is walking funny (twss), but looks like he'll live. Tough little bush cat he is. He will come out when ready.

Still no call from the girl. Pretty sure I blew it. I'm an idiot. I knew I was doing it and getting stupid drunk at breakneck speed for no reason, but to pick a fight and push her off. It was fine the next day and then I wasin another ****ty mood and wanted to be alone and pushed everybody away. Crap. We'll see what happens. I haven't given up quite yet.

Quit, quiet, quite always screw me up.

I'm going to make myself some ghetto philly down home cheesesteaks for lunch later I think, I got the stuff. Also everything to clean this dirty house back to square one and ready for paint.

Jaws is the best horror movie. Ac/Dc is the best rock and roll bad and the cheesesteak is the best sandwich. These are facts.

I woke up at 4am and stared doing things. I have eaten twice and had a day so far. I'm drinking now and will be asleep by 3, just like my plan.

I hate cats. Not in a want to hurt them way. I fostered 4 last year, including bottle feeding 5 kittens (was 7). I hate cats. They're dirty rude and thoughtless. My puppy is asleep next to me. :)

I am really reminded recently about how sometimes I have what could be labeled as a bigoted view regarding "negatives" of "many people on the internet."

I get very disappointed at times in the level of <fill in the blank > I see, even while never forgetting I am also sufficiently flawed.

When I calmly reconsider, I realize that while certain negatives are enabled and exacerbated by the internet's anonymity, typical distance between participants, relative lack of consequence for behaviors, and the matter of giving every kind of personality a platform much larger than they'd have had socially in the past and thus they can find some "support" no matter what, people are still just people in every way, including me.

And those people are generally stupid and they suck. :pfft:

You know, the single most scared I've ever been in the theater was when the original Jaws first came out and I was around 20 so I wasn't a kid. Nothing before or since. "Scary" movies leave me with nothing other than was it a good/bad/fun/effects??etc---just regular movie evaluating stuff. But I will say Exorcist when it first came out was a big deal to me. And if you hadn't used all the qualifiers, I'd say more recently that Hostel (the high believability factor) and Quarantine (being trapped in a contained area with that crap) get a nod from me.

The blair witch/paranormal/ring flicks have all just been dumb to me.

Haven't seen Quarantine, just because it reeked of "Found/alternate footage" malarky, so I avoided it. I saw Hostel though, and it was definitely up there. I think the horror genre as a whole (in it's current format) has kinda run it's course in America, for a number of reasons, mainly the dumbed down "I Know What You Screamed Last Summer" overabundance of sexy teen slasher films that plagued the mid to late 90's and got pretty popular.

Ringu is the japanese original version of "The Ring" which was redone here about 5 years after Ringu. It's no Holy Grail like Jaws or The Exorcist, but it is without a doubt one of the scariest movies of the last 25 years, at least. Japan gets it done in the horror department. Don't know if you've seen the original or not, but it kind of sparked the whole "Ring/Eye/Ju-On (Grudge)" craze. "The Orphanage" (Spanish horror flick) is another very good one as well. I recently watched The Descent as well, which is another very good claustrophobia/monster adventure/survival horror one, but I think that was made by a British company.

And I think The Blair Witch Project came along at the right time, when the internet wasn't anywhere near as big as it is now, and there was a lot of uncertainty/mystery surrounding it. I actually remember hearing a few rumbles about it, but not much else until I saw it for myself when it came out on DVD. I don't think it would've been as big now as it was then, even without all of the imitators that followed. The first Paranormal Activity was sort of the same way, but once the hype machine started, it just got out of control, and you ended up with Paranormal Activity 2, which was a complete and utter cashgrab snoozefest.

Found footage horror movies have recently been whored beyond comprehension.

Archived