Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Seeing all these final scores of 16-10, 23-17, 20-10....its making me sick that we are scoring 33 points per game, best in the NFL, and yet we are 1-2.

If we even had a DECENT defense, we'd be undefeated right now and labeled "the hottest team in the NFL." I feel like guzzling the rest of this bottle and just drifting off into a drunken coma.

Seeing all these final scores of 16-10, 23-17, 20-10....its making me sick that we are scoring 33 points per game, best in the NFL, and yet we are 1-2.

If we even had a DECENT defense, we'd be undefeated right now and labeled "the hottest team in the NFL." I feel like guzzling the rest of this bottle and just drifting off into a drunken coma.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just me, but it seems like when we get in tough 13-10 type ballgames, our D plays (or in this case, played) tough, but as soon as our offense gets a pulse, they fold. We get a measily FG? We get the ball back. We score a TD? The D lets the team march all the way down the field and score 6.

Reminds me of early on in 2005 when we were seemingly scoring at will, but our D kept giving up big plays and getting gashed in the run game. We can never play consistent in all 3 phases. One facet of the team always has to carry the weight of the entire team.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just me, but it seems like when we get in tough 13-10 type ballgames, our D plays (or in this case, played) tough, but as soon as our offense gets a pulse, they fold. We get a measily FG? We get the ball back. We score a TD? The D lets the team march all the way down the field and score 6.

Reminds me of early on in 2005 when we were seemingly scoring at will, but our D kept giving up big plays and getting gashed in the run game. We can never play consistent in all 3 phrases. One facet of the team always has to carry the weight of the entire team.

I've noticed the same thing. Our team is seldom balanced. When our offense is rolling, our defense can't stop a pack of grannies. When our offense is anemic, our defense plays like the '85 Bears.

We haven't had a balanced team in D.C. since the Bush I administration. :ols:

No Homer, but is Alfred Morris one of the top 3 "bruiser" backs in the league? Every time he touches the ball, there's violent contact. And he's carrying people on his back and spinning off contact like it's nothing...

Our running backs must be practicing some kind of special squat runs or something. They are balling when they get low. It's like they "fall" for 10+ yards at a time.

---------- Post added September-24th-2012 at 10:17 AM ----------

I wonder how much the replacement refs dread coming to work every day at this point...

Our running backs must be practicing some kind of special squat runs or something. They are balling when they get low. It's like they "fall" for 10+ yards at a time.

---------- Post added September-24th-2012 at 10:17 AM ----------

I wonder how much the replacement refs dread coming to work every day at this point...

LOL @ fall forward for 10 yards. That's what it seems like though. Morris is definitely looking good.

As for the refs, I honeslty feel sorry for them. They're obviously not capable of officiating at this level, and I think they know it. Half the time they're out there, they look scared and confused. Scared to throw the flag, knowing they're gonna get chewed out by a coach either way.

I don't blame them one bit, as they're trying to do their best. But they must dread waking up on Sunday mornings :ols:

Watching how players/coaches are behaving towards the refs, I see a little Ike &Tina going on. First it starts with a little confusion, then it slowly turns to anger, then arguing, then heated arguing, then last night, we have the grabbing, and "Don't you walk away from me!" part, and chasing after them when they try to get to the car. Now it''s only a matter of time before one of them gets punched. My moneys on Jim Harbaugh

What is the NFL Films song on the 91 yearbook that plays when Rypien hits Clark for the bomb against the Lions in the NFC Championship? I've been trying to figure this out for years.

Try this

You should be able to find it there. You can listen to every song that's listed there. There should be a way that you can find out what songs are played on the DVD as well, so you can narrow your search.

*Edit, might wanna try YouTube instead. Just look and see what songs are featured on your DVD, and enter them into the search bar.

"A New Game" just might be one of the greatest scores of all time.

Try this

You should be able to find it there. You can listen to every song that's listed there. There should be a way that you can find out what songs are played on the DVD as well, so you can narrow your search.

*Edit, might wanna try YouTube instead. Just look and see what songs are featured on your DVD, and enter them into the search bar.

"A New Game" just might be one of the greatest scores of all time.

Thanks Mr. Sinister...I have Autumn Thunder and it isn't there.

Yeah, I could never find the song credits for that yearbook.

Oh god, right there with you...I'd add "Heroic Mission," "Heroes of War," "When Lightning Strikes," "Lights Out," and "Classic Battle" as the best of the best.

Thanks Mr. Sinister...I have Autumn Thunder and it isn't there.

Yeah, I could never find the song credits for that yearbook.

Oh god, right there with you...I'd add "Heroic Mission," "Heroes of War," "When Lightning Strikes," "Lights Out," and "Classic Battle" as the best of the best.

Yeah, I edited and put in YouTube instead, because I realized right away that all of the songs weren't there. That Raiders song with John Facenda talking in the background gives me chills.

*Found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVFsGsAP4aY

Archived