Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

With the exception of 2 people, all my best friends from childhood/high school and college are now engaged or married. I can't even imagine being at that point in my life right now. Sometimes I wonder though if that's just because I haven't met anyone I would even consider spending the rest of my life with.

Saturday I delivered a pizza to this older lady. Very nice. She asked me if I had change for a 20. I did and gave it to her. Then she gave me a bunch of bills. When I started to leave she stopped me and gave me 2 more dollars. When I got back to my car I started sorting through my cash and realized that something didn't seem right. Thinking about it on the way back I figured I was short 20 dollars. I thought maybe I had dropped a 20 somewhere. I looked everywhere but didn't find anything. Back at the store I called the lady and politely asked her what she had given me. She told me two 20s and an 8 dollar tip. I was still certain she was wrong but hey, what can I do?

So today I go into work to talk to the manager. Waiting for me is a 20 dollar bill. The lady had gone to the store yesterday and dropped it off; saying that she had mistakingly given me a 1 instead.

There still are good people out there.

How old?

7th grade.

So I knew he was special ed, so I emailed his special ed teacher to let her know and see if there was anything I should know about this kid. Basically, my other students tease him all the time (my 5th period class is made up of some wanna-be-thugs) and there's something "off" about him. I told her he was having social problems and that he had wet his pants.

She came into my class just now and told me that she was so sorry, that he never should have been put into my class. He's autistic and is supposed to be in a Special Day Class- so he was supposed to be in Art. They moved him into my class like 2 months ago! He would have been horribly misplaced until the end of the year had I not emailed her today.

Poor kid.

I have this longstanding joke with a waitress at a bar I frequent for lunch about a fireplace they never use, she told me if I brought some firewood in she would start a fire. I called her bluff one day and brought some sticks in, she put them in the fireplace and we left it at that.

This week some friends go there with me who have never been before, the waitress walks by and says "just so you know I still have your log in my fireplace." My friends started laughing, it took me a second to realize the sexual innuendo the statement could have.

Archived